do I shoot weapons other than the cannon?

Alexrey

I've gone through the weapons training mission, but for some reason I still can't fire anything other than my cannon. I turn the Shkval on by pressing O, I turn on the laser range finder and I press Y to change to rockets. I then move the Shkval cursor over the target and lock it. But when I press SPACE, nothing happens. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

There are two seperate keys for firing weapons. First is "Fire cannon" key, which has already been mapped to your joystick's first button(trigger). The second is "Release Weapons" key which is used to fire other weapons(rockets, missiles, bombs).

Check your controls to find where your "Release Weapons" command is mapped to. It should be default to Enter key if I'm not mistaken.

Also, ensure that you move the pipper for the Vikhr seeker head over the target on the hud. This is achieved through maneuvering the helicopter or having Turn on Target active (Q on the keyboard, located in the lower left panel in the cockpit). Unless this is done, the missile will not be able to see the laser painting the target and therefor will not fire.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Also, the 'Release Weapon' trigger has to be held down for a moment before it fires.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

As stated above there are 2 firing modes. One for Cannon (SPACE BAR) and one for missiles / Rockets (RCTRL+SPACE BAR)

Also when locked into a target you need to move your reticle over or near the targetet reticle.

Mithandra

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

I've gone through the weapons training mission, but for some reason I still can't fire anything other than my cannon. I turn the Shkval on by pressing O, I turn on the laser range finder and I press Y to change to rockets. I then move the Shkval cursor over the target and lock it. But when I press SPACE, nothing happens. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Do you get the "c" symbol on the left upper corner of your hud? If nothing helps, post a track please.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Ok so your in Gun mode after doing all that you described in your frist post. Hit the "C" key that will swap you fron cannon mode to weapons mode. The HUD will change and you will see the piper for the rockets or Vicker. When you hit the "C" key you will notice that the trigger guard on the cyclic will flip up. :book: Read the manual

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Dont forget to select your hard points.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

I find it a bit rough telling peeps to RTFM, To me when someone explaines things it can become much more understandable than the manual alone but it helps to read the manual in conjuction with sound advice.:helpsmilie:.

And yes i do have the manual>>>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=38863&page=2:smartass:

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

I find it a bit rough telling peeps to RTFM......

Quite Correct..........

PLEASE RTFM!

:P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I made this video to help my little brother. It's a little rough and I made it with the idea I'd be talking to him over the phone while he watches it.

But maybe it'll help, i dunno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THjU7dYf7mc

Good video, I'll rep you.

Although it is important to note that it would take an extreme amount of videos to obtain an equal amount of info that you get when you RTFM!

:P

The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

Okay cool I shot my first rocket! But now I have another question: I've noticed that it's kinda difficult to get the C symbol to come up on the HUD and Shkval. I was hovering at about 75m off the ground and 2.0km from a target when I got the C symbol that told me I was within weapons paramaters. But the moment I fired the rocket the C symbol disappeared! I didn't know why since my chooper hand'nt moved at all. Does anyone know why this would have happened?

And one more thing: how can I turn the Shkval camera off (when all you see is the light grey colour that you get before you press O)? And is there a button in the cockpit somewhere that turns on the Shkval without having to press O?

• Like 1

I made this video to help my little brother. It's a little rough and I made it with the idea I'd be talking to him over the phone while he watches it.

But maybe it'll help, i dunno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THjU7dYf7mc

Nice job.:thumbup:

Okay cool I shot my first rocket! But now I have another question: I've noticed that it's kinda difficult to get the C symbol to come up on the HUD and Shkval. I was hovering at about 75m off the ground and 2.0km from a target when I got the C symbol that told me I was within weapons paramaters. But the moment I fired the rocket the C symbol disappeared! I didn't know why since my chooper hand'nt moved at all. Does anyone know why this would have happened?

Post a Track.

And one more thing: how can I turn the Shkval camera off (when all you see is the light grey colour that you get before you press O)?

Reset.jpg

And is there a button in the cockpit somewhere that turns on the Shkval without having to press O?

What GG said.

Seriously though.......Not attempting to offend in any way, but you cannot expect to get spoonfed EVERY step of the way. The manual clearly explains Weapons-Engagement-Parameters.......Go on - make the effort ;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I read the weapons employment section! It didn't help. The only reason I'm not RTFM from top to bottom is because I'm at uni right now with a crap load of work and during breaks I try to play a little DCS. That's why I really don't feel like RTFM ATM because I'm kinda doing enough reading as it is.

RTM or at least watch a Producer's Notes. I found PNs very usefull.

Yes, I learned almost everything from the producers notes. It helps A LOT if your a visual learner.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

RTM or at least watch a Producer's Notes. I found PNs very usefull.

I remember there were some videos in a folder somewhere in my DCS install, but I can't remember in what folder they were stored. Were those the Producer's Notes videos? If so, do you remember which folder they are in?

Thanks.

I do not know what folder but you can try here

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=133&scr=products&lang=en

or here

or here

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-k_1rXqKJ6fg/black_shark_note_1_part_1/

...:D you should be able to find it.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..