TrackIR 4

The TRACK CLIP PRO is the better of the two. Works like a charm - You'll love it.

The hat clip is a pain IMO -- I have had both. Actually I have had three.. but lets not count or talk about that stupid dot I used to stick to the middle of my forehead when I couldn't find my TrackHat.

[sIGPIC]http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/16th_Relic/16th-sig.jpg[/sIGPIC]

AMD 965BE, 8GB RAM, ATI5750, Track IR4,TM MFD's, CH FS,PT,PP

"You can take my CH setup when you pry it from my dead, cold hands..."

I have just got my TrackIR and Pro clip about 2 weeks ago and would not go back to anything else.

I would definatly recommend the pro click as I have used both and I hate wearing hats to play a game lol

Mithandra

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

...and I hate wearing hats to play a game lol

I agree, but I also hate wearing my headset if I don't have to (I didn't buy a nice surround setup for nothing!) Can the ProClip also be attached to a hat? It's a little unclear, looking at the thing on NP's site (though signs point to no).

I use the standard hat clip and it fits perfectly on my headset. Depends on whether you have a soft headband on yours I suppose.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I only have the hat clip and didn't get the pro clip because I rarely use a headset and I can wear a cap with or without a headset. I believe the pro requires a headset to attach to and wont clip on a hat. If it does I have seen no mention of it.

Or you could do this as it is so dorky but so awesome I must do it :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=38323

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

The cap and clip is just fine and no wires in your way or to pull on by accident too :P..

Used them both but as i said above no wires i like to get up with out worry of such thing or even braking wires which is a reason i don't use headphones either.

EDIT: Just checked see if i would attach to a cap and no it wont.

Edited by AsRock+SD

Asus Maximus Formula ( Rampage bios ) | Q9550 \Xigmatek HDT-S1283| G.Skill 2x2GB | AxeRam 2x2GB | HD6970 | 3xWDYS250GIG Raid0 | M25-X Raid0 | TEAC exturnal DVD |TOSHIBA 40" 1080p LCD HDTV| PC Power & Cooling 750 Quad CF Edition |TIR4 |TT Armor.

I use both really but the Pro may have a slight edge.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

the active clip should give you better tracking, as it is actively transmitting (?) infrared from its LED's...this means you can turn the filtering on the camera all the way up and still see the tracking...this will help in eliminating any accidental signals you might recieve from mirror reflections in teh room, or say, sunlight on the wall behind you which can mess up the tracking.

I also find that with the track clip pro on, I am much less likely to get gimble lock when looking around, as there is an optimal allignment for each games field of view....

Aha, that's the part I was missing. I didn't realize that the TCPro was actively illuminated like that. On re-reading the NaturalPoint page about it, I see now that it says "USB power tap", but that didn't register with me previously, as there is no cord in any of their pictures.

I guess then I'll stick with the stock clip for now; I haven't had any problem with stray light reflections, but now I know what to do if I get them at some point. :thumbup: