help with the black shark ABRIS

MigLeader

hi there i just get the Russian black shark , even if i really dont know anything in Russian but i wanted to play the game anyway , and i am really good at piloting the black shark but i faced 2 problems , if you guys can help me..

1- when i land to rearm at any airport , after the ground crew finishes the rearm when i fly they shout at me (what the hell are you doing , man!!) so what i am doing wrong ????

2-how i can make the black shark fly a route using the autopilot , i have seen the Producer Notes about the ABRIS and nav but i still cant figure how to make it???

at last i really thank ED really for this game , but the only thing that annoys me that i bought an intel core 2 duo 2.8 and still i get low FPS in vista , but i think they can fix it.:joystick::pilotfly:

1- when i land to rearm at any airport , after the ground crew finishes the rearm when i fly they shout at me (what the hell are you doing , man!!) so what i am doing wrong ????

You are destroying the wired telephone you use to communicate with the Ground Crew......not cheap ;)

Toggle it back to the VHF-2 radio when you're done refuelling/rearming.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

You are destroying the wired telephone you use to communicate with the Ground Crew......not cheap ;)

Toggle it back to the VHF-2 radio when you're done refuelling/rearming.

wow it works , thanks i guess i have destroyed all the radios in all k-50 that the army have!!!!! :lol:

okay now for the 2nd problem , i have set 3 waypoints in the ABRIS and activated the plan and pressed the ® to enable the route mode but still nothing , what again i did wrong (i wish it is not another system in the KA-50 i ruined :joystick:):lol::lol:

thanks

The autopilot can't fly a route that is in the ABRIS, you'll need to enter the route into the PVI 800 inertial navigation system. Once you've programmed the route into the INS you can then hit route mode and the autopilot will follow the waypoints you've entered.

From memory the INS can save up to 6 waypoints, where as the ABRIS can hold a lot more, so keep that in mind if you're flight plan has a lot of steer points :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever" - Napoleon Bonaparte

okay thanks , but last question , when i try to program the PVI 800 inertial navigation system it gives me 2 inputs to enter is it like that ??(00-00-00) or (000-000-000) because i tried to use it but i dont know the right formula, also can i enter the nav points in the ABRIS then take the cord form the ABRIS and enter it in the INS?? thanks for help.

Yep, the two inputs will be latitude and longitude. You enter the lat and long into the PVI 800 maually by reading them from the ABRIS flight plan. Make sure you get North/South and East/West right or your autopilot might try and fly to the other side of the globe (I got this wrong the first time I tried it and couldn't work out why I was going the wrong way!).

It's a bit hard to explain on the forum, the best option is to check out the relevant section in the manual and also take a look at the navigation videos in the producer's notes sticky. Hope you get it sorted out

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever" - Napoleon Bonaparte

PVI entry coordinate format is (0-N/1-S) XX° XX.X' and (0-E/1-W) YYY° YY.Y'.

ABRIS default display is XX° XX' XX" and YYY° YY' YY".

Notice that the PVI uses fractions of minutes and the ABRIS uses minutes and seconds. You want to go into the ABRIS preferences and set the default format to the minutes and decimal minutes to match the PVI.

To type in a coordinate of N 33° 45' 30", E 41° 12' 17" into the PVI you would press the following keys:

0-3-3-4-5-5 0-4-1-1-2-3 ENTER

To program in waypoints in the PVI -

1. Use Abris to get longitude/latitude co-ordinates.

2. On the PVI keypad, hit NAV TGT.

3. Switch to MASTER MODE (dial underneath keypad), left click to EDIT.

4. Hit NAV TGT, then push number 1 for first nave target, 2 for second etc...

5. Have to tell PVI whether it's north based co-ords. Press 0 (got a + on it to indicate North). Don't worry if you dont' see any lights.

6. Enter in north latitude (take note of Frederf's post about how PVI co-ords differ from ABRIS, just round up the last numbers).

7. For longitude co-ords - press 0 again (for east of prime meridian co-ords), enter in longitude.

8. ENTER should now light up indicating that you've entered in valid co-ords. Press ENTER to confirm.

9. Go back to MASTER MODE, right click to OPERATE.

10. Hit NAV TGT, then press # of co-ord you want to fly to. Engage autopilot.

If I've missed any steps, feel free to correct me.

The autopilot will attempt to steer you to the current tasked steerpoint but won't command any forward motion on its own. Speed is pretty much up to the pilot to control.

WynnTTr, be aware that you just described how to change NAVTGT points, not WPTs. Waypoints is one of the three task modes of the PVI (Waypoint, Airfield, NavTgt). You can program 6 waypoints and the autopilot will string them together into an automatic route using route mode.