Polls with the same amount of voters? to buy or not to buy?

Dutch60

Polls with the same amount of voters? to buy or not to buy?  

1. 1. Polls with the same amount of voters? to buy or not to buy?

• Yes I will buy
    • No I will not buy

Are there only living 139 people on the LockOn forums?

Poll number one was:

Market Research Poll - Ka-50 or no?

Results:

1. A new paid-for add-on like v1.2 requires a new flyable aircraft. I would not buy v1.2 unless it had a flyable Ka-50 = 53% / 75 votes

2. am happy with the existing list of flyable aircraft. I would rather buy v1.2 if it did NOT include any new flyable aircraft = 46% / 64 votes

Total votes: 139

Poll number two (my poll)

Now should the do the Ka-50 or the F/A-18 for there next flyable?

1. F/A-18 = 58% / 81 votes

1. Ka-50 = 41% / 58 votes

Total votes: 139

If there are only 139 people here that will all and I am very positive on this pay real money for FC 1.1 bother with a stupid SF copy protection?

I really hope more then 139 people in the west will buy FC in support of ED :!:

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

I think when it comes to polls, you have to be wary of the total number. There are a lot more flight simmers who will show up when FC is out. We're just a subset of a subset of a larger community

I'll buy it with SF.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

I am buying FC! And I do believe it is good that FC will have a copy protection scheme!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I do not buy it.

I want that this crap with the copyprotections stops!

Copy protection is useless. Look at eMule, Bittorrent, IRC or somewhere.

Why i as a money spending customer will be irritated by an copyprotection,

what not protect the game from beeing illegal spreaded over the internet?

If a company imputes me making illegal copys, and try to prevent me from that,

well, maybe i should do that! Protection only restricts my rights

to do with the stuff i paid for whatever i will.

And why should i pay for that? No, Companys want my money,

but when they dont trust me, i will spend it to another one.

I Would love to give ED my Money for this gread Sim,

and support the development of further updates and addons,

but i beeing verry upset of that copyprotection, what was already in the Demo.

Actualy i do have a copied version of LockOn.

Its the english one. But i had bought the german one at the same day,

caus for the thigs i like, i will pay!

I bought Lomac since the 1.02 patch disabled the copyprotection,

and now i have made my own CD with the 1.02 patch, Loman and Mods and Skins on it.

Greetings,

OxKing from Germany

oxsig.jpg

I really appreciate Eagle Dynamic's work and they are doing an excellent job. Last few days, there has been alot of negative feedback regarding Starforce, for example, people saying they won't buy FC. Bottom line is, this is just a game, ED works hard to give us LockOn, and without LockOn, what would we have? Face it, there's some aspects in LockOn that are very hard to find in other flight sims. So, yes, I will buy it. I am a satisfied and loyal customer because I'm very happy with every version of LockOn. They have not let me down. Bugs you might ask? Everything has bugs, welcome to reality.

The funny thing is, this poll has 9 members at the moment who say they won't buy FC. Sooo, they have to be reading the forums to see this poll, but hey wait, they said they don't have any interest in buying FC. Can someone explain why they're here reading a LockOn FC forum if they are no longer interested in LockOn: FC? Sigh. As a little girl on some show once said, "Whiners are weiners" lol For those who are complaining about StarForce saying they won't buy 1.1: "You get more bees with honey then you do with vinegar". I heard this one a few decades ago. Try a more constructive approach next time instead of saying "I won't buy it".

Anyways, keep up the excellent work ED, you're doing a great job and I know you won't let us down.

sig36aa.jpg

Jetfire, I suspect a lot of us are now on the fence and are waiting to see what happens.

I can live with Starforce, I've suffered it before with a 50% failure rate (Q. how do I get a refund if 1.1 just doesnt work on my specific PC?)

But I wont accept intrusive activation.

So I cant vote.

But there is hope that ED will recognize that they will alienate a heap of potential paying customers in thwarting a bunch of pirates who wouldnt have bought it anyway....

So I keep listening and posting.

If 1.1 comes out with excessive protection I wont buy it, I'll stick to a hybrid of the demo and 1.02.

Cheers,

Keith

The funny thing is, this poll has 9 members at the moment who say they won't buy FC. Sooo, they have to be reading the forums to see this poll, but hey wait, they said they don't have any interest in buying FC.

Maybe they were going to, and if the copy protection goes ahead as (supposely) planned, they will not. Maybe they seek to 'vote with their dollar'. Maybe they don't have the money to buy FC, and they're merely posting on a LOMAC forum.

Shocking ideas, I know, but it might just explain why people would be reading the forum, yet voting no to buying FC. :roll:

I love the game and I am more than ready to pay much more for the game than this few bucks.

People who saids that the poll is no worth , indeed it is.

It sending a signal to ED. (right now they risk to loose 25 % of

their valued customer )

I dont see a SF protected game as a buy but as a rent , and I dont want to

rent games , therefore I must sent a signal saying no to SF.

Best regards

Icekiller

Dobryï dién ,

i havent other choice . I must buy this addon , and the futur 1.2 too , and 1.3 too and again again UNTIL they give us European flyable plane like harrier , tornado or mirage 2000 .

It is my dream . I hope a day ED will give to us European flyable plane :prayer:

spacibo tavarichtch :partyman:

Guest ThomasDWeiss

I am sure ED is justified in installing adequate copy protection, otherwise, in no time at all, you will be able to get 1.1. via bitorent.

And they certainly will be able to provide new keys for anyone that has a valid email account if needed.

The only thing that they should do is start working on a FA-18 add on. Start today if possible.

I didn't vote because there is no option for me.

I'll buy the game but only if they use protection which dosent require internet connection in case of new installation.

If I pay for product I don't want to be tied to Star Force server or to internet just to be able to install it. (I said goodby to Half-Life 2 and to Valve for this same reason)

I don't have internet connection at home, only at my office. So how I'm supposed to install this add-on ??

I have nothing against using Star Force as copy protection (I never had any kind of problem with other games using it).

ED guys can you awnser me to this question plz.

What will happen with your western customers if Star Force company goes bankrupt ????

Copyprotection YES, Microsoft copyprotection crap kind NO.

I didn't vote because there is no option for me.

I'll buy the game but only if they use protection which dosent require internet connection in case of new installation.

If I pay for product I don't want to be tied to Star Force server or to internet just to be able to install it. (I said goodby to Half-Life 2 and to Valve for this same reason)

I don't have internet connection at home, only at my office. So how I'm supposed to install this add-on ??

I have nothing against using Star Force as copy protection (I never had any kind of problem with other games using it).

ED guys can you awnser me to this question plz.

What will happen with your western customers if Star Force company goes bankrupt ????

Copyprotection YES, Microsoft copyprotection crap kind NO.

What's wrong with Microsofts way of copy protection?

Whenever a new key is need all you have to do is call them.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Ok, but the Microsoft is a huge company. If Microsoft goes down (which will never happen at least during my lifetime) 90 % of market will go with it. On other hand ED and Star Force are small very small companies. So if one of these goes down how I will do to recover my code if the code change after 3 installations ???

Icekiller, read the license agreement you have to accept to install:

"The Multimedia Product is licensed and not sold to the User, for private use."

Cheers,

Keith

In denmark,Europe , you cannot be forced to into worse license agreements

than the law of denmarks allows.

You are allowed to sell or do whatever you want with

vidoetapes ,games and so. on ... as long as it for your self.

You are even allowed to break protection so you can see

dvd on ex. linux., the same counts for games.

Sorry to say , that the fact . :)

Second this is not a question about license this is a question fair deal.

So if I buy a game I expect it to be mine for play and not be force

to buy every 5 weeks. :(

Best regards

icekiller

Icekiller,

I'm not supporting the license agreement, just pointing it out (incidentally I got a UK specific text did you get a Danish specific one?)

Reading the license even posting user-created missions is not allowed ('unauthorised scenarios') so the whole thing is realistically a sad joke.

Like the whole 1.1 debacle really.

Cheers,

Keith

If Starforce is choosen as anticopy protecction of Lock-on 1.1 i will not buy the game. More if i need to use my credit card to buy this. If you want to do vell the things choose other protection, if u wanna do things well, u should start now from the beginning.

HASP

I am sure ED is justified in installing adequate copy protection, otherwise, in no time at all, you will be able to get 1.1. via bitorent.

And they certainly will be able to provide new keys for anyone that has a valid email account if needed.

The only thing that they should do is start working on a FA-18 add on. Start today if possible.

1.1 will surely available over bittorrent, with or without copy protection.

Thats my point! Why hurt the customers with copyprotection crap,

when its useless anyway? And downloaders have no problems with copyprotection,

because it will disabled by an crack. But paying customers will maybe have.

And rather i think, Starforce for an so specialinterest Addon

is like fireing with Cannons at sparrows.

Greetings,

OxKing from Germany

oxsig.jpg

i will vote with my wallet when the time comes...

and right now it can be either way...

but after Wags post i have renewed confidence in ED. i accept that SF in Demo without warning was an oversight and that they are trying to find suitable alternatives.