Hiding the Cockpit Cyclic

pbsmgm

Is there any way to hide the cyclic in the cockpit view so I can see the center panel better? You can do this in MS FSX and it helps a lot.

Although in the manual it says this, so I am assuming it is not possible:

Due to the position of the panel, you may need to move the cyclic out of the way or use keyboard commands to access the functions.

So if the only way to view the center panel is to move the cyclic, then how do we disengage the cyclic while in flight to view the panel...if possible?

Edited by pbsmgm

Asus X99 II, i7-6850k, GTX 1080, 32GB RAM, M.2/SSD Drives, Win10-64

ok, thx. I was aware of those, but since I cannot hide the cyclic, I was hoping for something like a snap view to quickly snap a view of the center panel in flight so I can quickly see all the settings.

Edited by pbsmgm

Asus X99 II, i7-6850k, GTX 1080, 32GB RAM, M.2/SSD Drives, Win10-64

ok, thx. I was aware of those, but since I cannot hide the cyclic, I was hoping for something like a snap view to quickly snap a view of the center panel in flight so I can quickly see all the settings.

Actually it's a nice idea pbsmgm. I've often found myself peering round the cyclic! Maybe ED could implement a temporary removal? I'm not 100% certain but it might be possible to permanently remove it by removing associated textures.