LOMAC v1.1 copy protection – good news/bad news

Bogun

What happens in a couple of years time when Starforce and ED are both bankrupt and have disappeared?

How do we reactivate then?

I've recently reinstalled Janes FA-18 and Microprose Falcon 4, both 5+ years old.

I rebuild my PC in some significant way every 6 months.

I was fully intending to buy 1.1 until this issue.

I can live with drivers and keys, but I'm not going begging to play a game I've paid for already.

Grump,

keith

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote from myself: "ED would have to have us connect to Central Server before playing online for this to even work and this would only work for online gaming.”ALL GAMES HAVE BEEN CRACKED,” when it comes to single player including Halflife2."

What you highlighted is out of context without this part and NO it's not BS if you actually want it to "WORK." YES I know that Star Force is it's own system but it doesn't work for S#!T... :butthead:

f15sig.jpg

SF support various types of activation:

- automatic activation via the Internet, fast and easy;

- manual activation on the activation website;

- by e-mail;

- by phone or fax.

Howbout those of us that have Alcohol 120 or Nero installed? Is that gonna cause us problems (again)?

I have both of them installed and I don't have any problems with both of main SF versions - CD key verison and Activation version.

Is the phone or fax number toll free? Or do I get to pay for a phone call to the CIS?

Sorry, I don't know. Please check a website https://www.star-force.com/

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Ed should use the Flight1 Key System. (Extremely popular in the FS add-on world).

It works GREAT and is simple to use.

When you need a new key, you simply request one from an automated source and receive it by entering in a code that is sent to you in an email. Save the email, no worries. Lose the email, request another one with your purchase info. NO limit on upgrades or anything.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

humm, where does it say after 3 installs you have to re-buy? I don't see it anywhere, so please use some common sense before you try setting off the rumor mill. It says after 3 activations on a key you need to go the the website and get a new key. Nothing, zero about having to buy that key.

I think the discussion is about the 3rd Upgrade. Not install.

Ok, where does it say you pay after the 3rd upgrade? Nowhere. It states you need to go to the website and get a new key. Again people are running around in hystaria with zero facts.

________

hash

Edited by DayGlow

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

shak said

so what if you would have to pay for EVERY INSTALL. I would. just for suport.

wow ... decency prevents me from saying what I think of you , and believe me it's not positive

you bought a gateway 4 years ago and never reinstalled right ?

you're probably browsing the net with a neet toolbar right ?

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

The more I read about starforce the more I realize that this is not a piece of software I would willingly install on my computer.

No amound of carjoling or attempts at making me out as a computer ignorant will change my opinion on this - and frankly some of you guys who have been posting your "informed opinions" so far strike me as anything BUT experts in computer security. Just because you are a fan of ED doesn't mean that you have to blindly defend their every move. Going to starforce is, in my opinion, basically not defencible from any standpoint. People are paying them for an entertainment product, not for a piece of malware (Yes that is indeed what Starforce is by any definition except probably the manufacturer's).

The reinstall limit may or may not be a problem - from the description it sounds like something you can live with, since the counter is reset at the 1st of the month, but this too is not really a morally defensible position. At the very least the license agreement should state in no uncertain terms that you the customer are paying a one-time fee for the LEASE of this software, and not the PURCHASE of it.

I was planning to buy Flaming Cliffs, but you just lost a customer Eagle. Sorry. Seeya next time maybe.

For those “computer-challenged”…

The “backdoor” in Starforce 3 Pro is not imagined one, but real, existing, confirmed. It allows any malicious software to use “CreateSystemProcess” function call to creat process running in highest privilege Ring 0 of x86 CPU, in which OS kernel runs. No OS level security apply to processes running in Ring 0 – it would be able to do anything malicious software designer would want to program – like remotely control your PC to perpetrate DOS attacks on others, distribute spam, get all your personal data, all without you knowing it…

SF don't allow DOS, or remote control, or something. it only allow locally strarted process to get a ring-0 privileges. only if you run a malware on your own computer, then malware might use SF vulnerability. But, it you run such programms on your PC, then they could do many bad things even without SF. I mean, your antivirus and firewall should protect you from getting running such malware things. SF is not helping you to catch a virus. If you already infected, then SF don't make any changes.

btw, still I don't know any malware that are using SF vulnarability, except for starforcemeat exploit, which is harmless.

Right Dmut, I wrote about StarForce not being problem by itself in my post. It is what it allow malware writers to do is the problem.

What you wrote will bring another question:

How long will it take for Anti-Virus software companies to recognize StarForce as a “backdoor” and start removing it like any other malicious software, will LOCON still work? It will not, and ED will be besieged by the angry users asking for what? Fixes? Refunds?

You can do more with a kind word and a gun, than with just kind word alone.

- Al Capone

humm, where does it say after 3 installs you have to re-buy? I don't see it anywhere, so please use some common sense before you try setting off the rumor mill. It says after 3 activations on a key you need to go the the website and get a new key. Nothing, zero about having to buy that key.

I think the discussion is about the 3rd Upgrade. Not install.

Ok, where does it say you pay after the 3rd upgrade? Nowhere. It states you need to go to the website and get a new key. Again people are running around in hystaria with zero facts.

The orginal post states this:

2. In Western version (as I understand it) – when we install the game – the key tied to the hardware on your computer is going to be generated. If you update your computer this key will/may change. With this key we will need to go to StarForce site to activate the key. StarForce will start the counter which will allow you to reinstall the game total of 3 times. The though is – when pirates try to distribute the game+key and many people try to use the same key often – it will quickly become clear – this key is been used by software pirates and will be locked.

The key needing to be re-generated after major hardware upgrades was discussed later in the thread.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

and is the orginal poster a official representative from ED stating their position? It very well could be only 3 major upgrades and your sunk, but since no one has the slightest clue if it's true or not, it's pointless getting all worked up over.

________

medical marijuana

Edited by DayGlow

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

and is the orginal poster a official representative from ED stating their position? It very well could be only 3 major upgrades and your sunk, but since no one has the slightest clue if it's true or not, it's pointless getting all worked up over.

No "official" representatives of ED feel like saying anything.

That in and of itself is troublesome.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

hi

It all sounds good but you guys forgot that criminals are always a step ahead...

The only way to protect this game is if ED make their own servers for multiplayer and users need unique user name and password. If same user name and password are used more than once at the same time it should be disabled..

All other is wasting of time.. :!:

Guys, stop this – the only two people who definitely know how it will work are Chizh and Dmut.

Dmut said – “it's counter of major hardware changes”. So "3 times" is the counter for major hardware (I imagine CPU,Video card, motherboard...).

JG27_Arklight

Russian guys are definitely screwed more them we are – they are getting the real “Starforce 3 Pro” with the backdoor. We, on the West are getting “StarForce ProActive 1.1” which may not contain the backdoor.

You can do more with a kind word and a gun, than with just kind word alone.

- Al Capone

The more I read about starforce the more I realize that this is not a piece of software I would willingly install on my computer.

No amound of carjoling or attempts at making me out as a computer ignorant will change my opinion on this - and frankly some of you guys who have been posting your "informed opinions" so far strike me as anything BUT experts in computer security. Just because you are a fan of ED doesn't mean that you have to blindly defend their every move. Going to starforce is, in my opinion, basically not defencible from any standpoint. People are paying them for an entertainment product, not for a piece of malware (Yes that is indeed what Starforce is by any definition except probably the manufacturer's).

I completely agree.

Guys, stop this – the only two people who definitely know how it will work are Chizh and Dmut. Dmut said – “it's counter of major hardware changes”. So "3 times" is the counter for major hardware (I imagine CPU,Video card, motherboard...).

JG27_Arklight

Russian guys are definitely screwed more them we are – they are getting the real “Starforce 3 Pro” with the backdoor. We, on the West are getting “StarForce ProActive 1.1” which may not contain the backdoor.

Whats the difference between the two Starforces?

My Starforce knowledge is a little limited.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

I have both of them installed and I don't have any problems with both of main SF versions - CD key verison and Activation version.

Well i am very glad that you have no problems, however i had them, twice for that matter and helped 2 of my friends save there data after there PC's started to go beserk and had to format them. In short it was a nightmare! I do belive a lot of people had problems with the SF protection.

Like someone else suggested, go with the alternative ways. You are turning people away with such an aggresive protection.

mt-2003-sun-corona.jpg

Use the Flight 1 Key System, ED.

I'm telling you, it seems to be better then this.

Don't punish those of us who are righteous.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

Re: hi

It all sounds good but you guys forgot that criminals are always a step ahead...

The only way to protect this game is if ED make their own servers for multiplayer and users need unique user name and password. If same user name and password are used more than once at the same time it should be disabled..

All other is wasting of time.. :!:

My point exactly =4c=Expert,

Everything else is just a waste of time and if they do go that route both you and I have mentioned then they would spend more money setting that up than this Addon will NET.

f15sig.jpg

shak said
so what if you would have to pay for EVERY INSTALL. I would. just for suport.

wow ... decency prevents me from saying what I think of you , and believe me it's not positive

you bought a gateway 4 years ago and never reinstalled right ?

you're probably browsing the net with a neet toolbar right ?

Do you wear a helmet and ride the little bus?

Say whats on your mind.

bought a gate way? do you want to know my system specs little boy?

P4 3G 800 FBS w/HT

MSI 875p NEO - 1024 DDR 400

Dual 10k 74G Raptors (RAID-0)

ATI 9800 PRO

CH Fighter stick

CH Pro Peds

X-45 (throttle)

Tracker IR 2.

neat little tool bar? Again do you wear a helmet? is it loose

guys.

i think i, like most of us. will gladly pay the support money to develop a great game like Lockon. and im sure that with our support, it will be a great game indeed.

all im saying is. how many gamers will have lockon on theyre screens shooting down bandits and moving mudd if they have to pay for a game as much as they upgrade their PC's.

i wud probably stick with lockon 1.02 by the 1st year passing. Im sorry.

BUT!!

with every great game there is its price. just dont kno wot this one's will be because all this forum has dun is unfold Rumors.

ill support ED as far as my friggen wallet goes.

*salute* Eagle Dynamics!

Hopefully they have produced English version CD's and will allow Western Individuals to purchase the CD's then.

I've uninstalled Half-Life for this very reason.

I'm sick and tired of software developers trying to take over MY machine to protect their assets or spread their verison of "truth" in advertising.

Now if this copy protection check will run ONLY when I run the game, then exit so it won't hog my resources while playing.. well Ok then. This would be acceptable.

But install a continuously running process on MY machine to protect your butt? - I don't think so -

Please allow for Western customers to purchase the CD's.

Thanks,

Brett