Absolute camera view ????

ldeverell

Hi, I'm not affraid to admit that I might have bitten off more than I can chew with this sim but I am not going to give up. First question, and I am sure there will be many more to come, is how do I get the absolute camera view so I can move around the whole cockpit and use all of the buttons with my mouse???? It is default to the hat on my joystick but it is just not fluid enough to be useful.

I have tried everything but can't seem to work it out. I am sure it is something very simple but with the amount I have crammed into my head over the last week with this sim it is all becoming a bit hazy.

Second question, do you have to spot all enemy ground and air forces by sight??? I know the Black Shark does not have "Radar" as such but is there some way to easliy pick up the enemy before you end up right on top of them???

Thanks. Any assistance will be most appreciated. These are the only two things at the moment that are frustrating me a little and am hoping once I work them out things will improve dramatically.

Cheers.

Well, sounds like you haven’t got the TrackIR. This is the gadget most of virtual pilots using to look around inside the cockpit. Mate, this is one of the essentials. You can check it here:

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02-products/product-TrackIR-4-PRO.html

Either you using labels, which is ok at the beginning while you're learning, but if you're planning to play on line you'll have to learn to find them without the labels. It all comes with experience. Wingman can point out threats for you. There is a link between the helicopters so you can receive targets from your AI wingmen or your friends.

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the replies, I don't think I am ready just yet for the TrackIR, thanks anyway. I have used LALT-C but I lose the crosshair that allows me to interact with the buttons, I do get free movement around the cockpit though. Is there some way to keep this so I can use the buttons as opposed to the keyboard shortcuts???

If you are using the mouse .. Basically you do LALT-C, move the camera, LALT-C, click the buttons you want, LALT-C move the camera again and so on. I don't alway use TrackIR when I want a quick fly around and this is what I do. Basically once you have everything set you should not need to be clicking buttons in the cockpit. I map things like Flight Director, Auto Hover, Auto Turn to target, Shkval, HMS and so on to joystick buttons or remember the keyboard controls.

Obviously everyone has the own way, TrackIR makes everything much more simple.

As Peyoteros said Your wingman (if you have one) is pretty good at searching for enemies. Just tell him to fly ahead and scan, he'll datalink the enemies to you and they'll show up on the ABRIS. He might get shot up in the process.. but at least you will survive!

As Peyoteros said Your wingman (if you have one) is pretty good at searching for enemies. Just tell him to fly ahead and scan, he'll datalink the enemies to you and they'll show up on the ABRIS. He might get shot up in the process.. but at least you will survive!

Nice tip, thanks :)

how do I get the absolute camera view so I can move around the whole cockpit

Maybe you mean this: go to options/controls/view cockpit/cockpit camera move back, up down etc.

now i don't have trackir also and by default you will have some complicated key combinations.

i did this: bound this movments to something like LAlt+hat movment on your joystick. and it works pretty good. i also assigned 2 buttons on the joystick for slow zoom in and slow zoom out, that helps also a lot.

don't give up just yet!

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Escape then cancel (or escape again) gets you a clickable + mouselook cockpit. If you mean to actually MOVE around, like forward, back, left, right, I believe it is "right shift + right control + Keypad buttons(so 4 will move you left, 8 will go up, / goes forward, * goes backward)."

That is the best feature of TrackIR in my opinion, being able to actually move in the cockpit. I tried it, but I had to send it back as it gave me headaches.

Sometimes, I use the RShift+RCtrl+Keypad when the situation arises, like needing to peer over to the side and out one of the door windows, etc.

So, that was:

escape + cancel (or escape again)=viewable+clickable cockpit

RShft+RCtrl+Keypad=MOVE camera in cockpit

Remember, on Nov. 4th, vote for Black Shark for President!!!