X52 and Shkval Target Frame

For that I use the scroll wheel on the throttle- wheel down (JOYBTN 33 in DCS) is frame size decrease, wheel up (JOYBTN 34) is for increase. Works pretty good.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

I also use the scroll wheel, but in normal mode I change Shkval magnification, and use the Shift (pinkie) mode for frame size; it works pretty well. I use my mini stick on the throttle for Shkval panning, and my mini stick in Shift mode is to move my mouse cursor for operating cockpit switches.

andyfoot, could you please explain how you managed it to use the mini-stick ingame. I spend a half day, but had no success.

The mini-stick will did not show up automatically and I did not found the right one in the pull down list ...

Thx in advance

I programmed it in the SST software as bands, for Mode 1 I have 0-47%, 47-53% Deadzone, and 53-100%, then set the Mouse X Axis 0-47% as "," and 53-100% as "/" ; then the Mouse Y Axis 0-47% as ";" and 53-100% as "." and it works a treat. I use Mode 1 + Pinkie as normal mouse axis (with sensitivity set to max) so I can still move the mouse cursor around to operate cockpit switches, etc, without having to use the mouse. Having Track IR4 also helps with this.