New Mission - Behind Enemy Lines

eV1Te

New Version compatible with latest Black Shark and also some updated/changed battlefield situations.

This post is also updated so you can download the mission directly from this post.

This is a mission that plays a little different from the ordinary missions, your main objective changes during the flight and you have to rethink the entire situation (Intended as a 2 player coop MP mission but I included a SP version as well):

Your initial main objective is to assist Russian ground units in the vicinity to the large Dam. While they Russian army enters Georgia through a small narrow mountain pass.

Spoiler: But after only a short time your objective changes, you receive coordinates during the flight for a top modern American SAM system, which the Georgian military have gotten their hands on! You are the only available option for taking out that SAM System, and without you doing that Russian bombers can’t fly in and take out their targets.

Homework to do before flight:

• Repeat how to enter a target point into the PVI-800 (since you will receive coordinates during the flight)

• Without saying too much, make sure you know how the American Patriot SAM Search/Targeting Radar looks like and maybe what the capabilities of that system are.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24368&d=1233256991

attachment.php?attachmentid=24367&d=1233256968

Description:

Our Russian forces are moving into Georgia through a small mountain pass which opens up at a large Dam close to the city of Dzivari. Russian forces still have the element of surprise but Georgian standby forces close to the Dam have been spotted and have not shown to be any trouble for the Russian forces.

Due to the fact that the Russian forces are concentrated in the mountain pass any reinforcements of Georgian forces would be fatal and slow down the progress.

Task:

You are to take off at a temporary Russian FARP and fly through the mountain pass to assist the Russian troops close to the Dam. The surface-to-air resistance is believed to become minimal, expect only some occasional AAA or Igla Manpads. There are no reported SAM Systems in the area.

A group of Su-30 aircrafts will provide reconnaissance for targets that you can engage.

204759558_PatriotMission.png.8bf9c955d1f46add190873931f4c9b87.png

1698568083_behindenemylines.png.36b30d151e2e87dc3414356ef765a435.png

eV1Te - Behind Enemy Lines MP.miz

eV1Te - Behind Enemy Lines SP.miz

Edited by eV1Te
  • Like 2

Thank you thank you.......running out of missions to fly.....downloaded and ready to hunt some SAMs

Much needed! :megalol:

Yep, just flown and a very tidy mission. Just like I would make (not the tidy bit, but the "fly low and eliminate the SAM for the jets to do the rest" mission ;) )

Would have got taken out during the egress if I wasn't immortal.....didn't bother checking for other AAA on the way home......

Edited by MrReynolds

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It's been a long time since I've posted on the forums, I noticed this youtube video by accident made by a Spanish guy. It's completely dedicated to this mission. :smilewink:

For you who haven't tested it, look at the video and see what it's like (lots of action) :thumbup:

Also, an operator could remove the word NEW from the title of this thread...

XBL-l-OIoi8

Edited by eV1Te

ev1Te,

Man I just want to say thanks for putting together a absolute fantastic MP mission for the Behind Enemy Lines. My buddy and I played this mission and loved the role we needed to play, the tactics that we had to use, and how the Patriots were setup. Any chance of getting a Part 2 or perhaps a Campaign for MP? Thanks again great work :pilotfly:

Thanks for the good response, i don't have the time to create more missions at the moment so don't expect anything soon.

The image is slightly photoshoped if I remember correctly, mainly to get the same light levels in all the three images...

I've installed 1.01 and now this mission freezes for me about halfway through. (After I take out the first manpad, I overfly its position and then take a right down into a low valley that runs parallel to the main river...That's when it frezes. Anybody else with this problem?

Did you patch over an old install or did you nuke BS off your puter and reinstall fresh and then patch?

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

• 9 months later...
I've installed 1.01 and now this mission freezes for me about halfway through. (After I take out the first manpad, I overfly its position and then take a right down into a low valley that runs parallel to the main river...That's when it frezes. Anybody else with this problem?

this keeps happening to me to,any idea whats causing freezing

• 3 months later...

I have updated the missions to be compatible with latest version of DCS, I also tweaked the battlefield situation.

See the first post for download and further information! :thumbup:

(Also an admin could remove New Mission from the title, since this is now an old mission that is updated)

I have updated the missions to be compatible with latest version of DCS, I also tweaked the battlefield situation.

Missions are best stored in the user-file section => http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

I miss in the briefing a precise list what the friendly convoy/forces consist of.

1 vehicle or 200 vehicles, what type(s), on road, off-road, expected convoy-speed etc.

For tactical reasons tHis can be important to know before the flight begins.

Edited by zdXu