Necroscope hires textures

pitbull

I installed the subj. mod from lockon files... looks good but want to test other textures, namely Dragon's awesome set...I actually installed dragon's on top of necroscope, to no avail.

I'm stuck as I can't seem to find a way to remove/un-install it!

Help! :joystick:

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Necroscope uses a crafty method so that he can use DDS files rather than exactly matching the original ED files. Off the top of my head (I'm at work) he overwrites a file called onlay_vpp.sup. You need to get the original of this file and put it back. Modman should then work with mine or anyone else's.

I am going to tell the boss on you...your soooooo fired!

(writing this on my dinner break!)

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Necroscope uses a crafty method so that he can use DDS files rather than exactly matching the original ED files. Off the top of my head (I'm at work) he overwrites a file called onlay_vpp.sup. You need to get the original of this file and put it back. Modman should then work with mine or anyone else's.

Thanks! Will try that tonight!:thumbup:

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Found a file named onlay_vpp.sup.bak in here :1C\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Bazar\Terrain\Onlay, i'm guesing it's necroscope back up copy of the file made by his installer.

I renamed it to onlay_vpp.sup, ran modman and installed dragon's mod and ran the sim.

I have most of the textures there, namely parking and taxiway. runway is not visible, the white markins and tire marks are seen tough.. And the textures installed don't look like the mod, they look more like the original ones. Hope I didn't porked my installation..

Pitbull

The Necroscope download on lockonfiles doesn't have an installer as such, you just copy the files in.. Maybe you made the backup yourself?

Anyway, there are 9 files in the Temptextures folder - WPP*.DDS. You could try deleting these although it shouldn't make any difference whether they are there or not.

The other possibility is that in your graphics.cfg file something is wrong. It's possible that Modman hasn't installed the required entries for my texture properly (or that Modman had a problem with other entries). You could try looking at this referring to the second post here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=36290&page=12

Entries made by modamn in my config file:

TextureCollections

{

highFolder = ".\\Bazar\\TempTextures\\";

common = ".\\Bazar\\World\\Ka-50_Fictional_Canadian_Scheme.cdds";

common = ".\\Bazar\\World\\Dragon's_Ancient_Airbase_Texture_Set_V2.0.cdds";

winter = ".\\Bazar\\World\\Dragon's_Ancient_Airbase_Texture_Set_V2.0.cdds";

autumn = ".\\Bazar\\World\\Dragon's_Ancient_Airbase_Texture_Set_V2.0.cdds";

summer = ".\\Bazar\\World\\Dragon's_Ancient_Airbase_Texture_Set_V2.0.cdds";

spring = ".\\Bazar\\World\\Dragon's_Ancient_Airbase_Texture_Set_V2.0.cdds";

also:

common = ".\\Bazar\\World\\Ka-50_Fictional_Dragon_Scheme.cdds";

Hell yea :)

And guys - Please see Dragon`s topic - I've uploaded there default Onlay_vpp file.

Всех убью, один останусь!

Entries made by modamn in my config file:

TextureCollections

{

highFolder = ".\\Bazar\\TempTextures\\";

common = ".\\Bazar\\World\\Ka-50_Fictional_Canadian_Scheme.cdds";

common = ".\\Bazar\\World\\Dragon's_Ancient_Airbase_Texture_Set_V2.0.cdds";

winter = ".\\Bazar\\World\\Dragon's_Ancient_Airbase_Texture_Set_V2.0.cdds";

autumn = ".\\Bazar\\World\\Dragon's_Ancient_Airbase_Texture_Set_V2.0.cdds";

summer = ".\\Bazar\\World\\Dragon's_Ancient_Airbase_Texture_Set_V2.0.cdds";

spring = ".\\Bazar\\World\\Dragon's_Ancient_Airbase_Texture_Set_V2.0.cdds";

also:

common = ".\\Bazar\\World\\Ka-50_Fictional_Dragon_Scheme.cdds";

Hmm that all looks correct. Did you have any other wpp files in your TempTextures folder? Also double check that C:\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Bazar\World\Dragon's_Ancient_Airbase_Texture_Set_V2.0.cdds - that the file actually does exist. Maybe you deleted it (or Modman) did when you tried to get it working? If it isn't there and Modman says that the mod is installed copy it directly to the folder yourself from the rar file.

Hmm that all looks correct. Did you have any other wpp files in your TempTextures folder? Also double check that C:\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Bazar\World\Dragon's_Ancient_Airbase_Texture_Set_V2.0.cdds - that the file actually does exist. Maybe you deleted it (or Modman) did when you tried to get it working? If it isn't there and Modman says that the mod is installed copy it directly to the folder yourself from the rar file.

No other cdds in there, your airbase texture set is in the bazar\world folder.

Thanks for the help anyway!

I'm probably going to re-install my OS soon anyway, as it has become much instable. constant freezing after idle time, random BSOD's. Last OS install was at least 18 months. This should fix it ;o)