control problem.. cant play the game...

Max47

My axis control for "Joy Slider1" is set to the collective, what it REALLY controls is the throttle "default control=page up/page down"

I really dont know what to do here, I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling.. I have tried deleting the .lua files that were my saved controls and totally re-assigning them...

I think this problem might have occurred when I copied a few control .lua files from my laptop to my newly built desktop so I wouldnt have to reassign all of my controls again

Is there a master reset to bring all of the controls back to default ?

I am really close to reformatting the computer and putting XP back on instead of vista :(

Here are a few screen shots I noticed that my laptop has a whole slew of controls available that my desktop doesn't even have. Dont know how relevant that is to this issue but I thought it was really strange.

desktop.thumb.jpg.319e02d29a03255f60d7e243e6378927.jpg

Laptop.thumb.jpg.16fd1bc436c259491d56e71305e0af7a.jpg

And when you go into the control options and look at just axiis, changing them does not stay after you close and go back in?

If I change the controls it will stay for me, just every time I set a control to the collective it controls the throttle instead of the collective :badmood:

I also noticed that if i press "R-shift+R-alt" I lose all controls to the keyboard.. no esc menu, nothing on the keyboard.. the mouse pointer will move around on a fixed screen.. The only way to get out of this is to press "R-Ctrl" and no the "left" side counterparts dont do the same thing... I found this out when I tried to unlock the "standby attitude indicator" with "A+R-shift+R-alt"

yea, that could be a possibility, although I am running as Admin right now BUT it may be the (UAC) User account control.. I hate it but figured I would tough it out for the "added security" that it is supposed to provide.. I will try turning it off and if it works its staying off for good this time

I have came up with a solution.. I un-installed the game, deleted anything that said ka-50 or eagle dynamics from the registry and re-installed with Vista's "UAC" turned off. I have yet to change the controls back to what they are when I customize them, but I will update.

And on another note, I have set all of my controls back to how I like them and I am flying just fine now. I think there may have been an issue with trying to apply controls from my laptop that use my joystick while it was not plugged in. Possibly making some registry files buggy that deal with the controls.

But I don't plan on testing or using any foreign controls this to verify this. As this was a pain to identify and fix not to mention a waste of key code activations.

And aside from all that "thank you" to everyone that tried to help.

• ED Team
Is there a master reset to bring all of the controls back to default ?
BTW, there is "Master RESET": you have to delete all device files from directories under <GAMEDIR>\Config\Input\Aircrafts\ka-50\...... (and<GAMEDIR>\Config\Input\Aircrafts\ka-50_easy\.... ) except of default.lua

Of course, files default.lua must be original. After that you can make fresh assignment.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• 3 weeks later...
BTW, there is "Master RESET": you have to delete all device files from directories under <GAMEDIR>\Config\Input\Aircrafts\ka-50\...... (and<GAMEDIR>\Config\Input\Aircrafts\ka-50_easy\.... ) except of default.lua

Of course, files default.lua must be original. After that you can make fresh assignment.

Thank you for answer OP. I know have a new problem. I use the keyboard and joystick for my controls and when I do a "load profile" thing it clears out my keyboard commands and puts in my joystick commands. Then even when it even puts in the joystick commands, its on the wrong column--I think its the keyboard column....

So I guess what I'm trying to ask is does the profile thing even work properly?

OR EVEN BETTER... Can I just do copy and paste of these controls that you explained on for restoring the defaults? I mean if I copy this folder rather than delete it if I throw it in a brand new installation will the controls be right?? Or do I have to use the load profile way??

Edited by Circa
Just cause