Landing the 25 in the demo

Cripes!

I'm not a real pilot, so I have no idea if the modelling is accurate or not. It's gonna take some practice. I've only managed to land it without any flat tires or damaged undercarriage twice in about twenty tries.

Do real planes really skid around on the runway like that? It seems that anything that heavy would stick to the ground a little better.

I'm not bitchin', I enjoy the challenge.

Any real pilots have any comments about the 25?

• ED Team

Re: Landing the 25 in the demo

Cripes!

I'm not a real pilot, so I have no idea if the modelling is accurate or not. It's gonna take some practice. I've only managed to land it without any flat tires or damaged undercarriage twice in about twenty tries.

Do real planes really skid around on the runway like that? It seems that anything that heavy would stick to the ground a little better.

I'm not bitchin', I enjoy the challenge.

Any real pilots have any comments about the 25?

The Su-25 is not an easy-to-land plane. Many cadets found themselves out of runway while taking off or landing. It does skid if you steer the nose wheel not accurate.

It was tested by real Su-25 pilots. They considered it authentic.

If you have the 1.1 Manual please read Flight School carefully. There is a lot of info how to fly it especially how to takeoff and land it.

Just in case:

the final approach 310-290 kph down to 260-280 at the end

vertical speed 3-5 m/s

start flaring at 100 m before threshold at 5-7 m altitude and 250-270 IAS

Throttle at idle after the threshold

Touch the horisont with the tips of Pitot tubes while your speed are bleeding.

After the main wheels are on the ground pull the stick slightly to get down the nosewheel/

Release the chute.

Steer VERY gently but don't let the plane leave the centerline.

Apply the wheelbrake while keeping steering.

Enjoy.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

The Su-25 is very nice to land. If done properly you don't even need the brakes on landing. Touchdown on speed and on the threshold, pop your chute and you will need to add power to taxi off the runway, no brakes required!

Touchdown too fast and too far down the runway and you will go off the end.

Slamo

hmm... didn't seem that hard to land. I even landed it once ( out of 5 times ) on grass off the runway. Good fun ;)

Hey man, I think I remember you saying in another thread that you were unable to play LOMAC 1.1 because of no 800x600 res support. What was your solution?

Just when you thought it was safe to go back over the water...

Flight Lieutenant "Jaws"

169th Panthers

hmm... didn't seem that hard to land. I even landed it once ( out of 5 times ) on grass off the runway. Good fun ;)

Hey man, I think I remember you saying in another thread that you were unable to play LOMAC 1.1 because of no 800x600 res support. What was your solution?

easy work around is to go into the 1.1 demo cfg graphic file

and change the lines to 800x600, it works.......