v1.2 Poll Market Research Poll - Ka-50 or F/A-18?

Dutch60

v1.2 Poll Market Research Poll - Ka-50 or F/A-18?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. v1.2 Poll Market Research Poll - Ka-50 or F/A-18?

But 1 Heli in a Sim filled up with aircraft? This sounds poor!

Have you ever thought about the gameplay?

You have to travel hours to engage your target. But you will never reach because you will be shot down by a fighter.

Su25 vs. F15....hard to win

A10 vs. Mig29...hard to win

Ka50 vs. F15....nearly impossible to win

Ka50 vs. SAM-Site...good luck

A lonely Heli in a Aircraft Simulator would be a black sheep.

Ye of Little Faith :wink:

Check out the specs http://warfare.ru/?catid=260&linkid=1631

:axe: Longbow 2 is the best ever combat helicopter flight sim. Show me something better? Everything worked, collective, cyclic, autorotation and a good campaign to boot.

I think the flight physics in that game is far from realistic. Other than that, it's a great game.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

But 1 Heli in a Sim filled up with aircraft? This sounds poor!

Have you ever thought about the gameplay?

You have to travel hours to engage your target. But you will never reach because you will be shot down by a fighter.

Su25 vs. F15....hard to win

A10 vs. Mig29...hard to win

Ka50 vs. F15....nearly impossible to win

Ka50 vs. SAM-Site...good luck

A lonely Heli in a Aircraft Simulator would be a black sheep.

As a mission designer who has included both Fighters and A-10s and AI Helicopters in the same missions, there would be little difference between an A-10 and a Helicopter. You'd have the same problems of enemy Fighters breaking through your air cover and toasting your A-10s. Once they get through with any advanced missile(which is most missiles), your whole mission is screwed.

The hidden question is: How does LOMAC handle weak Air coverage for the A-10 ? Most A-10 missions state that there are no air coverage problems or that air supremacy has been achieved. In my earlier missions(Centre-Punch and Aleksandrovka Gap), I tested repeatedly to give a small percentage chance that the Air coverage has been broken through and that the Fighters have only guns.

Tactically, there's no difference between an A-10 and a Helo. And A-10 seems to have functioned in LOMAC since its arrival.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

You forgot one thing...

A aircraft is faster as a heli and can avoid missiles better.

Make a mission and test it how long it takes when the Helo reach its target.

@aircover...

It would be cool when Squads could be mixed with Bombers and Fighters.

This message was sponsored by "askingstupidquestions.com" in cooparation with "icantfly.de".

You forgot one thing...

A aircraft is faster as a heli and can avoid missiles better.

Make a mission and test it how long it takes when the Helo reach its target.

To a fast mover with missiles, there is little difference between the A-10 and a helo. I've flown many missions(when testing A-10 missions) where it was Fighters vs. A-10, and it is a slaughter. And the helo is much more adept at terrain-masking. pop-up, and hiding in ground clutter.

The time it takes to arrive at a mission destination is half as short for an A-10. That means that the missions will have a different form and scale. Mission designers will adapt especially if the helo can take off from anywhere.

But the A-10 needs Theatre or Area Air Supremacy or it gets slaughtered. The helo is no different. Air superiority and close support are 2 different things. And a helo will do the exact same close support tasks as an A-10. It'll just be done in a slightly different manner under different circumstances.

They've included A-10 in LOMAC How have they made that work when Su-27s are flying around?

A helo is workable.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

[quote="leafer

I think the flight physics in that game is far from realistic. Other than that, it's a great game.

I played LB2 with F-16 FLCS, TQS and RCS. And believe me it handled very realistically in this configuration. The target aquisition was too easy, but the flight characteristics were bang on.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

There is a big advantage for heli crews in Lockon, as mentioned above GROUND CLUTTER. It can be like finding a needle in a haystack, the ai helis in lockon don't fly low enough to show this. The ka50 also has a number of advantages in game. I've flown an online mission against them in an A-10 and most of us were shot down very quickly. And that was with the aircraft flying at 4000ft. In the end I had to use the A-10s gun to get rid of them. At low level the Ka50 would be invisible and it would have a very big advantage. Don't underestimate the ka50 is my advice and if its added hopefully they'll make trees solid objects to hide behind. Other improvements I'd like are for the Kuz to be able to support multiplayer launches(synchronised spawning) and refuel/rearm repair feature for online play.

cheers

Subs

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

^ Whatever he said...

Voted for Hokum… like it’s been said before F-18 is just another airplane, which, according to this poll, not as much people care about as it’s been first thought. Ka-50 will bring another aspect to the game… would be like having both of the worlds in one simulation.

LomacBanner.gif

• 1 year later...

I think we have reached the cut-off point in history for enjoyable and realistic jet combat sims. Next generation fighters like the F22 fight BVR with an adversary that probably finds himself in a hopeless SA environment. Hardly a kick-ass good time on HyperLobby. Also, avionics will be guess-work for many years to come. That's why, IMO, a game designer bent on realism as ED has been needs to keep improving realism with the older, established models they know about. ED seems to know quite a bit about Russia's stable of aircraft--they should stay with what they know. The Helo (I would rather have seen the Hind) is a much better addition because it brings a very important aspect of the air war to the game. The F/A 18 brings nothing new to the game other than a carrier born western design.

Smokin'Hole

• Like 1

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

Well if F-18 is too complicated,what about F-16?
I’ve read somewhere that Eagle Dynamics plans to come up with a military quality F-16 simulator for PC, and that is if Black Shark and Tank Killer are financial success.

So, let’s hope it will be. Although I would prefer to se Eagle Dynamics include J-22 Orao in their next project. :)

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Sorry for doing this SwingKid, but I just couldn’t resist.

Your poll was v1.2 Poll Market Research Poll - Ka-50 or no?

My poll is v1.2 Poll Market Research Poll - Ka-50 or F/A-18?

ED is a small software developer with limited resources. When making new products, they must choose which features to develop, and which not to develop.

Now should the do the Ka-50 or the F/A-18 for there next flyable?

I hope that al of you Flight Sim jockeys out there will vote on mass.

I voted for F/A-18F and together I would like some up-to-date models/pits like the su-27sk or mig-29K!

Online with a chopper? C’mon not me!:D

su27sk_snow3.JPG

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

LOL the helo is nearly donne and the F-18 is not even fully known to bring it to the game. the hornet doesnt stand a chance.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

See the date of the first post.:D

then multiply by 10 and thats when BlackShark will be released.:D

Just my thoughts but im getting a bit down about BS, can't see much online stamina in the old girl, and with no DC whats left? I want to fly her but our relationship aint gonna last ...please cheer me up.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org