RaMGen: Random Mission Generator 1.0 for LOFC

DoctorK

• 2 weeks later...

Love it, really makes flying fun.

Any possibility to have it ramp up the size of the missions as an option? Would love to be 1 of 3 or 4 missions going at the same time all with packages. Would really help with getting rid of the feeling the whole world is focused on me. I understand that the larger the mission, the slower it runs, but many of us now have rigs that we could only dream of when LOMAC was released. Would love flying a sweep for a strike package while there are a few other missions playing out as well on both sides.

I know the compramise would be that the other missions would be pure fluff for the actual advancement for the campaign as only my results would count, but it would really add atmosphere.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Howdy

just restarted my LOMAC flightsim activities after a baby pause :)

After re-syncing with all the activities and mods that have been done since I left in 2007, I was very happy to find RaMGen, so a big thanks to DoctorK !!

-Axel-

Edited by aschaab
Problem solved

• 5 months later...

i'm new to lomac and falcon 4

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2920858/new_to_LOMAC.html#Post2920858

without this mod (post above) i wouldn't have bought FC. I'm shifting focus now from F4 to lomac.

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 10.8 | Windows 7 64 | TrackIR 5 | Saitek x52 | 4GB DDR2 | E8400 O.C 3.8 Ghz | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse

http://www.war-hawks.net

is recruiting.

http://www.war-hawks.net/private/index.php/recruitform

• 2 weeks later...

I messaged DoctorK some time ago with questions about the LockOn mission file format. Unfortunately he didn't respond (I hope he's still about, please post in this thread if you are watching DoctorK).

In the meantime I reverse engineered the RamGen code since I wanted to re-implement parts of it in a server-side Java dynamic campaign system I'm working on. I won't make the source code available yet since I want to give DoctorK a chance to tell me not to, if he has other plans in the works or wants to release his code instead.

• Like 1

I really hope it still advances, as the Lo-Fc in general seems to have a bit negativ reputation regarding the lack of dynamic campaign. RaMGen is just of those files you have to have, to get must out of Lo-FC...

And yet i still can't use my pilot :(

I really hope it still advances, as the Lo-Fc in general seems to have a bit negativ reputation regarding the lack of dynamic campaign. RaMGen is just of those files you have to have, to get must out of Lo-FC...

And yet i still can't use my pilot :(

I think you have to have LOMAC installed in the default directory in program files folder. I am also not able to use my pilot in RAMGEN as I don't install games in my program files and I just enter mission debriefs manually into the program and use ramgen just for mission generation. I think we have to live with it until someone makes a new version with the possibility to select directory where LOMAC is installed.

I have had no problem seeing my pilot in RaMGen missions.

I found that in order to see your pilot (and log your missions) you have to make sure you select the right country for the aircraft you are flying. If you fly Russian aircraft you have to fly as a Russian, Georgian or I beleive Ukrainian pilot. If you fly US aircraft then select any of the NATO countries.

Give that a try.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I have had no problem seeing my pilot in RaMGen missions.

I found that in order to see your pilot (and log your missions) you have to make sure you select the right country for the aircraft you are flying. If you fly Russian aircraft you have to fly as a Russian, Georgian or I beleive Ukrainian pilot. If you fly US aircraft then select any of the NATO countries.

Give that a try.

i've made my pilot as a dane, flying giorgian su-25T, that might explain it?

Didn't help changing nationality :(

Edited by zakobi

Did you set up your name as the pilot in the "in game" Pilot Log Book first? Then when you go into RaMGen you will see your name in the drop down under the US or Russian column depending on your aircraft. Select your name from the drop down list and you should be good to go.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Did you set up your name as the pilot in the "in game" Pilot Log Book first? Then when you go into RaMGen you will see your name in the drop down under the US or Russian column depending on your aircraft. Select your name from the drop down list and you should be good to go.

i have multiple RaMGen missions in my pilots logbook, but still can't choose him in the creator.

• 2 weeks later...