RaMGen: Random Mission Generator 1.0 for LOFC

DoctorK

EDIT: Version 1.03 is released.

You can download zip package from here

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=188&lid=1367&title=RaMGen:%20Random%20Mission%20Generator%201.03%20for%20LOFC#dldetails

or here

http://www.filefactory.com/file/af3f8df/n/RaMGen103_zip

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is necessary to run this program.

The component is available from Microsoft Update: http://update.microsoft.com/

RaMGen Features

- Mission generator which can produce highly randomized mission every time.

- Campaign system in which front line moves based on player's achievement.

- Various types of mission tasks.

- Numerous options of difficulty, weather, pilots, skins and weapons you can customize as you like.

- Mod support on skin and weapon selections.

- Map aspect ratio correction for wide screen monitor.

Version 1.03

- A decimal separator problem on certain Windows localizations solved.

- Russian version of Flaming Cliffs supported.

- "Name" button to switch weapon names between the original and the modified ones.

ver1azt2.jpg

ver1bko8.jpg

ver1cac5.jpg

Edited by DoctorK
  • Like 11

Had a blast with this last night. Didn't do very well (got my arse handed to me). I was flying the T-Frog on a CAS mission. Managed to dodge the SAMS but got nailed by an intercepting F-16 Flight. The battle-field was just jumping with activity...my FAC firing smoke rockets, the SEAD flight popping off SAM sites...a flight of Su-30s doing CAP. Just awesome.

DoctorK...you are the BEST!

I'm going to bump this one and add my official Seal of Approval. This really is pretty remarkable for the fact that it works so darn well. It takes like a matter of seconds to set up a mission and it really is 90% random, including time of day and weather. I was flying fighter sweeps in a Russian-side Su-27. I noticed that flight path was the same a few times, but everything else was random. It was pretty wild to fly low while notching and notice that there were Stingers down there shooting at me! :)

I'm going to try to turn down some of the options for lighter enemy activity, for uneventful CAPs. On "normal", you're guaranteed to run into some bad guys. Its cool though, since you can conduct your sweep and then bug out and try to make it home when your winchester.

EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot. This program also makes your pilot logbook worthwhile since you can easily revive your pilot. :)

Edited by RedTiger

Thanks Doktor K, I really enjoy your work as it seriously cuts down time needed for making missions and makes them unpredictable!

I always had trouble and I felt like cheating during mission editor phase, even if I hide enemy units and disable Map view (F10) I'm aware of their presence in mission. Also adding all those ferry, cargo flights and busy ground units to add to realism was a time consuming procedure!

I really like what you did, adding task names of flights (TARCAP, Ferry, FAC etc.) is really really good move as it helps the player to gain a huge amount of SA prior Take off.

However I have some suggestions You might consider for a next patch or update of RaMGen utility. Please hear me out!

1) I believe that adding a Homebase drop down list in Campaign and Single Mission tabs under difficulty part would be good so RaMGen would generate a mission with player spawning from the airbase he likes and knows sorrounding terrain! It should also place mission objective near that airbase and generate a campaign that places FEBA near that particular airbase.

2) Option of a Ramp start (from Parking area) for Player and the flight he/she leads!

3) Adding a new tab with options on Custom selection of Blue & Red side country members and custom selection of Blue, Red and neutral airbases in LOFC map if possible!

These are some of the suggestion I can think of ATM, I'm not sure if it's all possible to include in future versions of RaMGen but I believe that those options would increase realism furthermore.

If I think of any new ideas I feel free to post 'em in this thread!

Keep it up Dr.K!

Edit: I just fixed some typos!

Edited by Vekkinho
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:pilotfly:Wonderful Mod, many thanks, just wondering if it would be possible to make it somehow CAW Mod compatable ???:pilotfly:

PS. I agree with Vekkinho's 3 'suggestions' would make it even better if it's possible

Edited by BrumTx

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

3) Adding a new tab with options on Custom selection of Blue & Red side country members and custom selection of Blue, Red and neutral airbases in LOFC map if possible!

This is my only complaint. I'd like to remove Ukraine from red and set up the blue side as maybe Ukraine, USA, and Turkey, for example.

Thanks for the comments, people.

Just out of curiosity, are you planning to add any more features? Not that I'm complaining, mind you...this program rocks!

Of course I want to add more features.

- More mission tasks, especially naval operations (fleet vs. fleet) for Su-33.

- AI helicopter groups.

- More ground battle locations.

- More mission target types such as bridges and ships.

- Briefing map

and more...

However I have some suggestions You might consider for a next patch or update of RaMGen utility. Please hear me out!

1) I believe that adding a Homebase drop down list in Campaign and Single Mission tabs under difficulty part would be good so RaMGen would generate a mission with player spawning from the airbase he likes and knows sorrounding terrain! It should also place mission objective near that airbase and generate a campaign that places FEBA near that particular airbase.

2) Option of a Ramp start (from Parking area) for Player and the flight he/she leads!

These are some of the suggestion I can think of ATM, I'm not sure if it's all possible to include in future versions of RaMGen but I believe that those options would increase realism furthermore.

Wonderful Mod, many thanks, just wondering if it would be possible to make it somehow CAW Mod compatable ???

PS. I agree with Vekkinho's 3 'suggestions' would make it even better if it's possible

This is my only complaint. I'd like to remove Ukraine from red and set up the blue side as maybe Ukraine, USA, and Turkey, for example.

I think I can add the coalition editing at some point.

I wanted to add the ramp start option, but it's very difficult because of the timing problem. There are no trigger event options in Lock On to make good coordination of other AI groups possible.

I'm not sure about Homebase selectability and CAW compatibility yet. But I will think about all suggestions anyway.

Version 1.02 is now available.

You can download zip package from here

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=188&lid=1280&ttitle=RaMGen:_Random_Mission_Generator_v1.02_for_LOFC#dldetails

or here

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a02e70b/n/RaMGen102_zip

You can overwrite the older version and your options and campaign progress will be kept.

Version 1.02

- Convoy group which is stuck at start point is fixed.

- Enemy interceptor group which sometimes fly from friendly airbase is fixed.

- Mission evaluation improved.

- Campaign progress evaluation tweaked.

- Aircraft carrier heading corrected.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Like 1

It's the best utility for LOMAC ... imo! :thumbup:

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

• 2 weeks later...

how do you make sure that the debrief is saved and in the log book? I've had hit and miss on this and don't know the relyable steps so that the stats are added up.

Do I have to save the mission once it is complete for the log book to log it?

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Dear DoctorK,

Just wanted to ask if there is any hope that you can fix our little problem (mentioned on the wrong thread...)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=612724&postcount=20

thanks

JEFX

Ohh yup i have this issue too. It is caused by globalization in .net code. Convert from string to single just fails cos different decimal separator. You can set national settings to english or just set decimal separator to . instead , . I have same problem with my czech locale. It is easy to fix in code as there is paramerter for convert to treat string without globalization. Also option for start at ramp will add atmosphere. BEside that it is great tool. Thanks a lot DOctor K

Dear DoctorK,

Just wanted to ask if there is any hope that you can fix our little problem (mentioned on the wrong thread...)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=612724&postcount=20

thanks

JEFX

Hi JEFX, please try this version and report back how it works on your environment. I think the problem was solved.

RaMGen: Random Mission Generator v1.02b for LOFC

http://www.filefactory.com/file/afgdccg/n/RaMGen102b_zip

ATTENTION: This is a trial version. Please do not use this version unless you have problems on version 1.02. This version is not verified well yet.

As mentiond by ataribaby, the difference of the decimal separator between the countries was the problem. Most countries use 'period' as the decimal separator, but some countries use 'comma'. This caused the error when the program tried to read data from external files. I think 1.02b fixed this issue. If it works as planned, I will release it as 1.03.

how do you make sure that the debrief is saved and in the log book? I've had hit and miss on this and don't know the relyable steps so that the stats are added up.

Do I have to save the mission once it is complete for the log book to log it?

Your pilot's live status should be 'alive' at mission start to log the mission result. If your pilot was killed in the last mission and you refly the mission without 'revive' him, the result won't be recorded in the log book anymore. This is one of the annoying LockOn's limitations. So when your pilot is 'dead', exit LockOn, run RaMGen and 'revive' him in the 'Pilot' screen, and run LockOn again and refly. If your flight is in the log book, RaMGen can take data from it in the 'Debriefing' screen and the stats will recieve correct data.