im_C6_1230659966.jpg

*** EDIT 12/31/2008 ***

ModMan is not longer available à checksix actually

btw you can freely distribute it or mirroring it somewhere

best regards

Skypat

Edited by Skypat
  • Like 3

so you installed ModMan in BlackShark folder...

ModMan has also a dedicated Bin folder...

when you uninstall it, it remove the bin folder (in your case, it removed all the games files also.... because both shared the bin folder)

in 6 years... it's the first time i see a guy installing modman in the game folder.... :D ;)

install modman in c:\modman

install your game in c:\mygame

and install WORD in c:\WORD ;)

best regards

Skypat

WOW...not good! I downloaded the Christmas skin and another skin pack with 10 skins or something yesterday. I just saw this program was available so I gave it a shot. When I went in, there were no options to open any files, nothing was there but the framework of the program.

THEN, I wanted to go fly so I unistalled it so it wouldn't be in the way (seeing how it wouldn't do anything), and...

IT ERASED THE ENTIRE "BIN" FILE from DCS: Black Shark. I could blame it as happening on something else, but I didn't use anything else, and as soon as the uninstall was complete, I clicked on the shortcut for Black Shark. The whole folder "Bin" could not be found, upon further searching IT WAS GONE!

Edited by Skypat

Freaking fabulous!!!!! So do we need to point to the folder that dcs.exe is installed to? Or the KA-50 folder where the multiplayer.bat is installed to?

just read what the window message box told you ;) you will find the answers yourself ;)

tips: window message box talk about 'root game folder' ;)

so you installed ModMan in BlackShark folder...

ModMan has also a dedicated Bin folder...

when you uninstall it, it remove the bin folder (in your case, it removed all the games files also.... because both shared the bin folder)

in 6 years... it's the first time i see a guy installing modman in the game folder.... :D ;)

best regards

Skypat

I did this too (I always have), along with tacview. good to know I can't uninstall, what will happen when i upgrade Modman?

Nate

I did this too (I always have), along with tacview. good to know I can't uninstall, what will happen when i upgrade Modman?

Nate

Hello

you had not any problem because lockon series was not used a bin folder.

It is always very dangerous to install an utility in the same folder as the game folder, (i talk about all utility not modman only)

Because some utility may have some file or some folder with same names as files or folders from your game folder.

So always install your game in xxxxxx\xxxxxx\mygame

end utilities in xxxxxx\xxxxxxx\myutility

so if you have installed by error modman in the game folder

here is step by step to uninstall it and reinstall it somewhere else

1- backup your 'bin' folder located in your game folder

2- uninstall modman

3- copy your backup 'bin' folder to your game folder

4- At this step, modman is uninstalled and your game work

5- Install Modman (ie: c:\modman) where you want BUT NOT in the game folder

bye

Edited by Skypat

Hello

It is always very dangerous to install an utility in the same folder as the game folder, (i talk about all utility not modman only)

Because some utility may have some file or some folder with same names as files or folders from your game folder.

so for your problem

here is step by step

2- uninstall modman

bye

Dont understand a word you said?, how can you copy your bin folder to your game folder when its allready in your game folder, all that you say just dont make no sense whatso ever

Hello

so for your problem

here is step by step

2- uninstall modman

bye

Dont understand a word you said?, how can you copy your bin folder to your game folder when its allready in your game folder, all that you say just dont make no sense whatso ever

i thought that when a program was made, it was made to work for that game, but with this, you have to make the game work with modman,?

i thought that when a program was made, it was made to work for that game, but with this, you have to make the game work with modman,?

you're right, you don't have understand anything :D

ModMan work with lockon series since over five years

ModMan work fine with BS

BUT don't install modman in game folder and all will work very fine

it's better clear i think :D...

Edited by Skypat

you're right, you don't have understand anything :D

ModMan work with lockon series since over five years

ModMan work fine with BS

BUT don't install modman in game folder and all will work very fine

it's better clear i think :D...

Hey skypat, im not having a dig at you, i agree with what others have said, great work,

But, i just dont understand, how i get this to work, i need someone who talk english to explain, how you install this? thats all:thumbup:

are you saying i need to install my game somwere else?

Hey skypat, im not having a dig at you, i agree with what others have said, great work,

But, i just dont understand, how i get this to work, i need someone who talk english to explain, how you install this? thats all:thumbup:

You have BS Installed, no?

I am taking for granted that you indeed have:

OK - so you install path is something like this:

C:/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics (or 1C if Russian Version)

The above just illustrating that BS is installed in a Folder in your Programs Directory - still with me?

OK

Modman should install directly into your C: Directory, ie your install path will look like this:

C:/Modman

Two completely different entities that are installed in two completely different places on your PC - Hope this makes sense :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

i made the post for someone who have installed ModMan in Blackshark folder :)

so i give him a workaround for uninstalling modman without corrupting his game install

You just need to install ModMan where you want but not in your Blackshark game folder

and all will working fine ;)

btw i updated the installer for next 7.0.0.2 version

here is the text

The software will be installed in the folder listed below. To select a different location, either type in a new path, or click Change to browse for an existing folder.

Windows VISTA 32bits and 64bits users:

Don't install ModMan and your game in "c:\program files\" folder due to UAC protect feature.

*** WARNING ***

Don't install ModMan in your game folder !

best regards

Edited by Skypat

Thanks a lot Skypat for your new Momdan version.

One question. Are you working in the graphics settings and XML explorer for Black Shark? For now they are not operative.

Thanks again.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4