Game freezes

Griff

I spent some time last night flying with some friends on line and flew as a client and also as the host. Both times, the game froze after approximately 30-45 minutes of flying. On both times the game screen froze but I could still here sounds in the background and I could cycle through the different Ka-50's. The screen would not change but I could tell by the different sounds that I was changing helicopters. Anyway, I have attached the two .crash files and hopefully they can provide some direction in this matter. Thanks.

System specs: Asus A8N-E, AMD FX-60, 2 GB DDR RAM, ATI X1900XTX with Catalyst 8.11, onboard audio (Realtek ALC850) as well as a Soundblaster X-Fi sound card, Win XP Pro w/ SP3.

Crash files.rar

Specs: AMD FX-60, ASUS A8N-E, 2 GB's Corsair PC 3200 DDR, Win XP SP2, ATI X1900 XTX

Well, it happened again tonight. However, I did not get another .crash file but I did see an error log in a .txt file. For some reason, it lists a series of sound files that it tried to play and then, it said that it ran out of memory. Quite strange. I'm going to switch to using my Soundblaster X-Fi sound card as the primary card and see if that helps.

Specs: AMD FX-60, ASUS A8N-E, 2 GB's Corsair PC 3200 DDR, Win XP SP2, ATI X1900 XTX

I think this has to do with two sound cards using up memory. We have the same setup and I only have the XFI Fatality and I haven't had one anamoly of any sort yet. No freezeups, CTD's, nothing like that.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Thanks for the reply carmelid. Glad to know that I'm not the only one. I don't remember experiencing this issue in Lock On so it is a new one to me.

What sound card are you using, Carmelid?

Dusty Rhodes

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

We had another user report the same problem while flying on line last night.......We have different set ups and I hope a developer can take a look at the files and perhaps pin point something.

I can't help but think it has something to do with sound cards as our systems are the exact same, save you use two sound cards and I use one. I have not had an anomaly yet.

Dusty Rhodes

I was able to fly approximately 1.5 hours tonight without a crash. However, I noticed that I started losing rotor sounds toward the end of the mission. Normally I can exit the cockpit and go to the outside view and my sounds will return. Not tonight.....but, my game didn't crash. Perhaps the onboard audio card was unable to properly handle the sim for long periods of flying in one mission. I don't know....just grasping here but after reading my error logs and the mention of "out of memory" and unable to play certain sounds, I'm thinking that is a good place to start looking. Just my opinion.........

Well, the game froze again tonight with the same problem as described above. I have attached my two error log files which show a lot of "out of memory" entries for sound and also a D3DERR_INVALIDCALL for creating a pixel shader. I have updated my sound drives, my video card drivers, my chipset drivers so hopefully my log files can shed some light on the issue.

Error.log.txt

errors.log.txt