Christmas Ka-50 skin

Chizh

I checked yesterday if there was any conflict with the skins I have installed and I observed that works if I deactivate the spanish "highway police helicopters" skin. So there is some conflict in there but, I didn't had the time to check if the problem reapears if I reinstall that spanish skin.

I'll do it today.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I installed this (THE DCS VERSION) .. at Christmas.. incredible I know :) but anyway..

I installed VikVaughn's camo skin later on using Modman. Everything seems fine except when the KA-50 crashes I can see the christmas skin on the bits!

Does anyone know the correct procedure for un-installing the DCS Christmas skin without re-installing the entire game?

If you made backups of the 4 files affected, you can reload them (one is a *.cdds file that just gets deleted).

Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Bazar\World\Shapes\ka-50.skins

Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Bazar\World\Ka-50_NewYear.cdds (just delete this one)

Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Config\graphics.cfg

Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Scripts\Database\db_countries.lua

Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Scripts\Database\helicopters\Ka-50.lua

That should bring you back to where you where when you made the copies, and then you can install the new ones you want.

You can also manually edit these, taking out the "NewYear Skin" lines everywhere. I believe that should work, too, but it is a big pain. I tried juggling around some things to get the Canadian pack to work earlier, and wow, what a pain. It didn't work, either, but for simply removing the one skin I think it should.

If you have back-ups, that is probably the easiest route. If you need back-ups, I still have mine from initial installation, just let me know.

Edited by Sunjah

Remember, on Nov. 4th, vote for Black Shark for President!!!

• 2 months later...

Where?

I copied the 3 folders to my KA 50 folder. How do I choose the skin. Someone mentioned a "drop-down" list of skins. I don't see this anywhere. I would love to use it. Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Gateway FX 7805 Gaming Notebook: Vista 64-Bit, Intel Core 2 Duo Centrino P8400 @ 2.26Ghz, 4GB DDR3, 1GB nVIDIA GEForce 9800M GTS, 320GB/7200RPM HD, 1400 x 900 native res. Saitek AV8R-01. DCS: Black Shark Callsign-"CRUPTED".