Advanced Checklist + Download

SDeath

Thanks mate! Rep inbound!

Cheers!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^

Hope your wife hasn't spotted you using the computer at the inlaws. :) There will be serious trouble. I get busted for using my iPhone now. lol

I was still at home, I meant I am going to the inlaws now. =-)

My wife isn't a real trouble maker at least not with me.

I have not downloaded the latest version of the checklist yet, so pardon me if this has already been fixed.

I believe turning off the Left and Right EEGs is missing from the Shut Down checklist?

Also, it might be useful to have a distinction between a Shut Down and a Secure checklist, where the Shut Down turns off engines, etc., so you can for example refuel and rearm at a FARP, but might keep the APU on and does not shut down the INU, ABRIS, etc., as it would probably happen in real life. Then Secure is where you'd bring all those systems down to shut the bird down for good and go home. What do you think?

I added turning off the governors in the shutdown checklists.

At my work we shutdown the a/c completely onshore, offshore we usually do hot refuel so with everything running. How do the others think of this? Would a checklist for this be usefull?

Very nice, using it all the time.

However, I disagree with point 2 under shutdown sequences:

this point should be after when the engines have been shutdown because neutralizing the cyclig stick in windy conditions while the engines are running can be fatal. At least if you're not looking outside the window ;)

You might have a point on this one. Maybe we can put the parking brake on first, I'm not sure how the a/c wil respond on high winds when the parking brake is on. I guess it is safe to shutdown below the maximum shutdown winds limits when the parking brake is on without moving. But if the wind exceeds the maximum shutdown wind limit it is prohibited to shutdown, it might damage the blades too. I've seen examples of this in reallife. Always nice to see the blades bend up in a 90 degree angle, well if it is your competitor it is. =-)

But you also don't want to push the cyclic forward when there is nothing to compensate for. What are the rest of you thinking about this?

Foxconn BlackOps Intel X48 NB+SB+MOSFET Watercooled | Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650 @3,8GHz | 8GB Corsair XMS3 Extreme DDR3 @ 1600MHz 7-6-6-17 2T | GigaByte GeForce GTX 470 SOC 1280MB | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 5x Western Digital Velociraptor 10.000rpm 300GB Raid0 | 2x Samsung 206BW 20" | Saitek X52 Pro | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Sims :

DCS - KA-50 Black Shark 2

DCS - KA-50 Black Shark Advanced Checklist

DCS - A-10C Warthog Advanced Interactive Excel Checklist

Version 1.4 is up

Added Collective Low Check before engine startup

Added Governor L&R Off in shutdown checklist

Foxconn BlackOps Intel X48 NB+SB+MOSFET Watercooled | Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650 @3,8GHz | 8GB Corsair XMS3 Extreme DDR3 @ 1600MHz 7-6-6-17 2T | GigaByte GeForce GTX 470 SOC 1280MB | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 5x Western Digital Velociraptor 10.000rpm 300GB Raid0 | 2x Samsung 206BW 20" | Saitek X52 Pro | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Sims :

At my work we shutdown the a/c completely onshore, offshore we usually do hot refuel so with everything running. How do the others think of this? Would a checklist for this be usefull?

I have a feeling both of our organizations do hot refueling the same way: With everything running.

A checklist for it would probably be helpful (but relatively short), since you need to switch to the ground crew intercom and make the request, plus it would be a good idea to turn off the master arm switch (and set the brakes, etc.). As far as systems go, you should just leave everything running.

I have a feeling both of our organizations do hot refueling the same way: With everything running.

A checklist for it would probably be helpful (but relatively short), since you need to switch to the ground crew intercom and make the request, plus it would be a good idea to turn off the master arm switch (and set the brakes, etc.). As far as systems go, you should just leave everything running.

Hmmm, does the game except rearm and refuel while everything running?

I didn't try yet, I'm just getting to know the game. I've fired my first couple of dozens of missiles today to try out the firing systems in the trainer mode so. =-) Time ..... hmmmm they should invent days that last 48 hours. hehe

And I flew the first area recon in the Campaign mode.

The checklist could be incorporated in the normal shutdown checklist using color coding for optional items while hot refuel/rearm.

Is it me or do you change a lot of button assignments in the beging on your joystick before you have the right assignments? I've tried a couple of profiles but the Saitek SST software really sucks with this game it crashes the MFD all the time. Even the restart only lasts for a couple of seconds using profiles and then it crashes again under Vista x64. Any work around for this? Does the assignment ingame detect other mode selections on the X52 Pro?

Edited by SDeath
typo

Sims :

New version 1.5 up :

Added Hot Refuel/Rearm Checklist

During Shutdown checklists set Parking Brake First to prevent a/c movement in high wind conditions

Sims :

Tried to dl, however it shows me this

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Must have been while I was changing it to Version 1.5 please try again.

• Like 1

Sims :

Yup, see they are updated now, thanks!!

Your welcome.

Sims :

I vote to make it a sticky :thumbup:

me too, a very nice resource and I am actually suprprised I didn't find this PDF in the installation folder

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

me too, a very nice resource and I am actually suprprised I didn't find this PDF in the installation folder

I was too. I searched every folder for it. The procedure is described in the manual but not very handy described and too much info. This is the perfect format for it. And together with the rest of the user inputs it will be perfect.

• Like 1

Sims :

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying "Alarm!" mission just now, could you add a checklist for night procedures?

I vote for sticky too :thumbup:

EDIT: "You must spread some reputation around before giving it so SDeath again" :(

Edited by Gael

EDIT: "You must spread some reputation around before giving it so SDeath again" :(

What do you mean ?

Sims :

I noticed that the INU Heater and INU power are inverted.

The heater should be on before the power.

As in the manuel page 2-93 para 7. :smilewink:

Keep up the good work, all toget should be able to come up with a better check list, as it's very good all ready. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
I noticed that the INU Heater and INU power are inverted.

The heater should be on before the power.

As in the manuel page 2-93 para 7. :smilewink:

Keep up the good work, all toget should be able to come up with a better check list, as it's very good all ready. :thumbup:

Sorry guys been away for some time on the forum, but my new study is taking a lot of time.

I updated the checklists to INU heat first and then the INU power.

Version 1.6 is in the start post.

I probably won't be able to do the ECL, my study just takes to much of my spare time. All has to be done besides work so it's allmost 2 fulltime jobs.

Sorry guys, I'll keep updating the Checklists I made. I still want to help if anybody else decides to create the ECL.

I haven't even had time to fly the Black Shark for some weeks now.

Sims :

I have a little correction: you don't have to turn on Targeting Navigation System, the K041 is enough to be on. The manual states TNS is used by for ground checks only. Although I have no idea if it serves as a backup system in the case of mailfunction of the K041.:unsure:

Anyway, nice checklist, I use this since its earliest version, good work:thumbup:

ASUS P6X58D Premium, Intel Core i7 980X 3.33 Ghz Extreme, 12 Gb Corsair DDR 3 1600 Mhz, 2x 1 Gb Geforce 460 GTX GLH in SLI , X52 Pro, Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Logitech G15, TrackIR 4 Pro, 600 Gb Sata 3 WD Velociraptor 10000 RPM, 1000 W Corsair PSU, HOTAS WARTHOG

I have a little correction: you don't have to turn on Targeting Navigation System, the K041 is enough to be on. The manual states TNS is used by for ground checks only. Although I have no idea if it serves as a backup system in the case of mailfunction of the K041.:unsure:

Anyway, nice checklist, I use this since its earliest version, good work:thumbup:

Well if I remember it well, I couldn't target anthing without turning it on.

• Like 1

Sims :

Well, I checked it just to be sure and I was able to lock targets with only K041 on.

I really don't want to messing with you I'm just inteded to have a perfect CL and your one is the best ATM :)

ASUS P6X58D Premium, Intel Core i7 980X 3.33 Ghz Extreme, 12 Gb Corsair DDR 3 1600 Mhz, 2x 1 Gb Geforce 460 GTX GLH in SLI , X52 Pro, Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Logitech G15, TrackIR 4 Pro, 600 Gb Sata 3 WD Velociraptor 10000 RPM, 1000 W Corsair PSU, HOTAS WARTHOG