VISTA and campaign compatibility

skypirate

What is the compatibility issues betwen Vista and the Georgian Oil Wars campaign?

On the first screen of the campaign I was greeted with WARNING - the campaign NOT compatible with Vista - XP owners only.....

I played the first mission and there was no radio chatter at all - is this the problem or something even worse hides beneath?:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

• ED Team

We hope the Oil War campaign will work on all Vista machines, but during testing we had several testers encounter problems using Vista with these large missions. As such, we felt it best to put a disclaimer in brief.

Im only running Vista 32 on Athlon 2.4 4gb 400mhz ram and it couldnt run better at the moment . Have 5 hours in the campaign and no problems and not one crash since i bought it so i would recommend it to all. But know there is a chance of a problem. Also when running in vista if you have been playing for a while then change it to run as administrator your logbook and keys will be gone unless you go back to playing not as administrator. I just tried it and i was like whered my logbook hrs and medals go so i turned off admin and there it was.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We hope the Oil War campaign will work on all Vista machines, but during testing we had several testers encounter problems using Vista with these large missions. As such, we felt it best to put a disclaimer in brief.

I know it was said something about Vista memory management? Can it be explained a bit more of what the actual problem is?