1.1 !?!

Cobra

thats not such a silly question Bettlejuice

i've got a few mates i'd like to get into Lock-On and was wondering if i have to tell them to go out and grab a copy of lomac first or can they just purchase Flaming Cliffs over the web?

the obvious problem if they are required to purchase it, is that lomac is extremely thin on the shelves here in Australia.

:(

(either way i'm good to go! :twisted:)

cobra_sig01.jpg

One reason for the postponing of the release date could be the constant "nagging" from us, the players, about bugs that needed fixing in the 1.02 version.

That we are allowed to send in these bug-reports is not a bad thing, but a very, very positive thing about ED. They are receptive of our thoughts and worries, and gives feedback on a frequent basis. Try to look at it as a direct phone line to Santa's office on the North Pole. I want this and that for Christmas/next release. Ok, says Santa/Chisz, we'll try to make it.

Looking forward to the release in next week, or the week after that, or the week after that, or the week after... :D

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

- Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

Do you think the Russian community is being given information that you "English speaking folks" are deprived of?.

I dont think that is the case fat all . what i am saying is if they were estimates then say they are estimates. a release date were i live is what it means . if you said estimated then we would understand that any ways why say december then january then 1 more week . just say when it is going to be out or did you do that already . 3 times

Silly question :?:

Will Lock-On 1.1 be a patch für 1.02 or a standalone game? Couldnt find that info on the webpage.

thx :D

You missed this :roll:

# Full version on CD: Russian version is distributed by 1C in the CIS territories;

# Web site download: Download the add-on to Lock On: Modern Air Combat (Lock On: Modern Air Combat required). -- The English version can be downloaded from http://www.LockOn.ru. Payment will be via PayPal and the download will be approximately 250 MB. The add will works with English, German and French versions of Lock On

Asus Prime B450-Prime, Ryzen 5 2600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX5700XT, 16 GB DDR 4 32000. HOTAS X56 Rhino

what i am saying is if they were estimates then say they are estimates. a release date were i live is what it means . if you said estimated then we would understand that any ways why say december then january then 1 more week . just say when it is going to be out or did you do that already . 3 times

The exact wording is "...game release is planned..." so this contains a certain amount of estimation :)

I have to agree with Stormin... you give no date, then people will assume there are problems or that it's still far away. You give an estimate and people take it for granted. You miss a deadline (no matter how concrete it was) and earn complaints again. And then finally when it's out (soon ;)), we will read about how it was rushed. Been there, done that... ;)

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

Stormin, Alfa, and ED,

I have no complaints about a late release, but now that the product is "just about out the door" MANY of us ARE hungry for updated information on what problems were addressed, what the final enhancement list consists of (including final LUA support), and how much it will cost.

Does anyone really think such a request at this time is unreasonable? :(

Perhaps, I'm asking for too much; just a reflection of my enthusiasm for this product. :wink:

-spearsd

On the whole, I really do think ED should let us english speaking folks

know what is going.

I've never asked for a released date or status, but I gotta admit, it would

be nice to let your customer know what the status is....instead of keeping us all in the dark.

bflagg,

Do you think the Russian community is being given information that you "English speaking folks" are deprived of?.

I just told you what the status is.....it is being prepared for distribution, which means that it is very close to release. I dont know the exact date, and I doubt anyone does......the release dates being stated are, and can only be, estimates.

Cheers,

- JJ.

No..no.. sorry, you misunderstood my intent here.... I probably didn't convey it correctly ....sorry.

I'm not bitch'in about when, (it's gonna get done when it's done.), I was just looking for a heads up on what the project status is...

Thanks,

Brett

I really think that distribution here is a very tough issue to resolve favorably for all concerned .....

I mean there were all those posts 2 weeks ago from Matt asking what everyone thought would be the best way to do this.......

And then there were the negative comments again which I imagine will allways be there no matter what is direction it goes.......

So realistically this really has to be done as close to perfect as possible if were going to see this simulator survive.......

And honestly Eagle is breaking new ground here in a lot of respects so there's no proven formula existing at the moment, correct ? :idea:

And as I just read in another post we dont have UBI here to push this out of the door and complicating matters even more......

I've said it time and time again, personally I for one have every confidence in ED and I'm sure that they'll complete this favorably as they have before.....

So were're witnessing history being written before our very eyes Ladies and Gentlemen and even if things go astray I'm sure that they will be repaired in a timely manner...... :wink:

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

To be quite frank, I thought flight simmers were more sophisticated about complex software. A sim is a level of complexity above that of the ordinary game and there are less QA resources going around.

A lot of the distribution, especially the download system and the new VISA option, has to be rock-solid, has to work in the CIS financial system, has to have error recovery methods, and has to be tested.

We've already been through the deadline massacre that was 1.00. Do you really want to be chasing after ED for compensation if there are errors?

Show us, oh angry dead-line hunters, how a missed deadline will impact you. You haven't pre-ordered or given anything to ED. There's nothing significant about it except your emotional needs - not financial needs nor work-place needs.

Requests for Release Info - repeated experience with simmers has shown any date not met will start a fire-storm. The valid reasons for the delay are never accepted. And the secondary information(distribution mainly) is ignored until the actual product is available.

I'd like the distribution info. But as ED is building and testing that system right now, I want correct, tested and functional information.

Phew... glad I could vent.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Stormin, Alfa, and ED,

I have no complaints about a late release, but now that the product is "just about out the door" MANY of us ARE hungry for updated information on what problems were addressed, what the final enhancement list consists of (including final LUA support), and how much it will cost.

Perhaps, I'm asking for too much; just a reflection of my enthusiasm for this product. :wink:

-spearsd

You are anxious to get your hands on the add-on, as are we :) We will get the information that you are asking for, but all in due time. Their focus right now is on getting the distribution issue resolved. I'm sure that when that work is done, and we can start registering and downloading, the latest information about the add-on will be posted on the http://www.lockon.ru site.

In the meantime, as they say in Star Wars: Stay on target, Man, stay on target...

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

- Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

The release date has been amended :D

Check it out:

The game release is planned for February, 2005.

Source :arrow: http://www.lockon.ru/index.php?lang=en

This is my case in point.

I rarely look at the main page and would expect the forum to have the

info provided by a representative of ED. I mean, isn't that what a forum is for?.....communication between like minded people and the developers?

If it wasn't for Skywall23, I wouldn't (and probably quite a few others) wouldn't know that ONE word, changed on the main page, but for all the people that come here to this forum, the "here now customers" .... there is nothing.

End of Feb/beginning of March....ok then. I can still wait.

I'm not trying to start a argument or something that childish, but a simple

post from ED "due to some problems with _______ (fill in the blank) we have to move the expected release date to the end of Feb".

Thanks,

Brett

Stormin, Alfa, and ED,

-spearsd

Yes I realise that most people are getting all fired up by now, but please stay patient a little longer :) .

The things you asked for...

- comprehensive bug fix / enhancement documentation

- purchasing / packaging options / pricing

...all falls within the term "being prepared for distribution" ;) - namely finalising the software documentation(game manual and "readme" docs) and making final decisions on download options etc.

Surely, at this late stage, these info items are available?

Yes and no :) - for enhancements and game features, you can consult the "Flaming Cliffs" section of Eagle Dynamics´s official Lock-on web site here...

http://www.lockon.ru/index.php?end_pos=9&scr=list&lang=en

As far as a comprehensive "bug fix" documentation is concerned, it is not as simple as it sounds - the testers have been operating with a "correction list", which was updated for every build we recieved for testing, but this is a working list and not suitable for publication.....partly because it contains both parts of feature implementations as well as actual bugfixes in no particular order, and partly because many of the bugs thought to have been fixed in one build re-emerge at a later point in the list.....which in turn explains why it is impossible to issue a rock solid release date ;) .

So an official "bug-fix" documentation is the very last part of the process, and takes time to do properly.

Surely information on price and distribution options only becomes relevant by the time the product is available for purchase....why is it so important to know that in advance?

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

No..no.. sorry, you misunderstood my intent here.... I probably didn't convey it correctly ....sorry.

I'm not bitch'in about when, (it's gonna get done when it's done.), I was just looking for a heads up on what the project status is...

Ok sorry for misunderstanding then :)

But as Carl said, it is very difficult to please everyone in regards to release dates - if you dont give any, the forum will be swamped with "when is it going to be released"-threads, and if you do give a date, it will be hell to pay if it isnt honoured and people will demand the developers to explain themselves and justify the delay.

You just cant win :lol:

But rest assured that Flaming Cliffs will be made available the minute it is ready for it :) . The project status is, as mentioned earlier, that it is completed and being prepared for distribution.....which in turn means that whatever is causing delay from now on, would be things most people would consider boring techicalities :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Surely information on price and distribution options only becomes relevant by the time the product is available for purchase....why is it so important to know that in advance?

Cheers,

- JJ.

Hi all and Alfa.

You know, I have learned to be patient with LOMAC, but I got a little ( I mean really small, itty bitty :lol: ) nervous when the price thing came up. My reason is this: It will take three business days to get any adjustment into my Paypal account. As of now I have $40.00 in there and am under the impression that will be enough. If it is going to be more, it would be good to know ahead of time so I could get the correct amount in. Thanks, -KILSEK