The F-35 Thread

Groove

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hajduk, when a new fighter is being build, there's always someone wanting to throw in the towel :)
Who is it this time and why do you know?

Reminder: SAM = Stealth STOP!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Don't ask me, do a bit of research. IIRC the F-15 and Raptor were being screamed against - so was the F-14.

Who is it this time and why do you know!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Have there been any live fire test yet? Don't remember seeing any.

I don't think we will see live fire test anytime soon. First the have to demonstrate all systems work as planed. Then the have to test aircraft parameters and also test weapons separation, drag factors etc before we see a live fire excessive, if we get to see it.

Then again, I'm just guessing so we might see one tomorrow :D

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

4518384132_4e48f21ec6_o.jpg

4500145515_529eef18bc_b.jpg

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Have there been any live fire test yet? Don't remember seeing any.

Here you go

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/news/press_releases/2010/101420ae_f35A_AF-2_1st-flight.html

To whom it may concern,

25mm GAU-22 cannon... lol :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

To whom it may concern,

25mm bigger than the 20mmm murder of vulcan, versus mauser 27mm on the eurofighter but tripple the rate of the german hardware :)

Almost reminiscent of the Gau-8 on the A-10... :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Guy said on the throttle: "Push forward -you go down, pull back - you go up"

I thought it's other way 'round?!!

He said "with his right hand, on the stick." He didn't talk about the throttle controlling height.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

In general it will drive more explosive devices farther, faster, and more accurately and safely than the harrier, and by a wide margin.

Think of it as a tradeoff of payload for range, Harrier needed external tanks for range (so limited weapons) whereas the F-35 can take the same or greater amount of weapons + air to air farther and faster.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I doubt it. MTOW for the F-35 is greater than its VTOL capability, so you'd be looking at VSTOL. Same for the harrier I think.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]