Some Feature Requests for 1.2!!! (yeah .. again ... heh! :)

First, I would like to request the use of FAST packs (conformal fuel tanks) and LANTIRN pods (specifically the IIR targetting pod) for use with the F-15C, eventually giving it the capability to use this as both a sort of EOS for AA and additionally giving it the ability to drop precision guided munitions.

These systems were tested on F-15C's when they were first produced, and although the USAF did not put them to use, the Israeli Air Force did - so the 15C could possibly mount Mk8X, CBU's, and GBU's, as well as AGM-65 all models.

Second, please give us the AGM-65G on A-10 at least, and give the AGM-65K the proper zoom capability :)

Third ... this one's the hard one, I think ... could we please have the following done using LUA:

The ability to log into a game via LUA ... to explain why ...

Galevsky is working on an 'AWACS' console, but if we attempt to send chat messages (we cannot at this time I think) we can only send them as the 'host' ... so everyone sees them. So we need to be able to log in via LUA and choose a side. Sort of like an observer. This will come in VERY handy for remote administration also, as well as:

Please refine the AWACS and SAM radar models, more so the AWACS/EWR, though, and then allow us to EXPORT AI radar tartgets! This would make the best use for the LUA AWACS console!

Also, allow us, to, via LUA, turn AWACS/SAM/EWR radar on/off.

Additionally, please allow us, for SAMs, to designate targets and order missiles launched on them, via LUA.

This will require that if a player is logged into one of these 'objects' that this object's AI is stopped, but once a player 'leaves' the AI takes control of the object again.

This would allow for player controlled AWACS and SAMs, and I think it would DEFINITELY change the face of warfare in LOMAC, and provide something NEW and NEVER before done in a flight sim, AFAIK! And because you would only provide LUA exports/imports for this it may not be too difficult to program!

Please give us the ability to update waypoints of AI's via LUA in mid-game.

If you are willing to consider this, please let's discuss some details about this :)

Thanks ED! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

First, I would like to request the use of FAST packs (conformal fuel tanks) and LANTIRN pods (specifically the IIR targetting pod) for use with the F-15C, eventually giving it the capability to use this as both a sort of EOS for AA and additionally giving it the ability to drop precision guided munitions.

These systems were tested on F-15C's when they were first produced, and although the USAF did not put them to use, the Israeli Air Force did - so the 15C could possibly mount Mk8X, CBU's, and GBU's, as well as AGM-65 all models.

I disagree.

Unless the USAF used it, I think these packs should only be allowed on the Israeli F-15. By the way, does the Israeli F-15 has its own internal cockpit voice? If yes, my request goes to:

- Traduce the F-15 cockpit voice to israeli.

I'm not so sure that's even possible ... ie. if one F-15 gets stuff, they all get it, as things are right now.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure that the C is always cleared to use FAST packs, but input from someone who can say so definitely would be nice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Absolutely, this would be a fantastic improvement to the game!

The AWAC's would bring a whole new perspective to online gaming, you could seriously boast that this game offers something never before seen in any modern air combat sim!

And, the Eagle definately needs a LANTIRN, it would allow for precision LGB strikes, and hence give it some real teeth in a AG capability. This would be a "cheap" way around the AG radar.. The Mavericks are absolutely a must.

I certainly hope ED gives the western side a AG capable fighter, this solution would allow us to keep the current F-15 but just with "upgrades" that are found already in a Real Life setting.

Thanks guys!

-Thomp

355th_THOMP.jpg

The FAST packs should be allowed for all F-15C.... they can be installed on any aircraft in a quite short time. The USAF did test it, but for some strange reason it has never been used as a standard store. There are also pictures of F-15s with slick bombs, agm-65, agm-84 and other A2G weapons.

I also partially disagree on the air-to-ground capability. All F-15s should have a basic a/g mode, and AFAIK the 1st TFW at Langley (FF), for a short time used to train also in the A2G mission, which was later abandoned because it was felt that the F-15 pilots should have been highly skilled and specialized in the A2A role.

So adding some basic bombing ability on the F-15 won't do much harm. It's not much realistic but it could give some fun to the NATO mud movers in the LockOn community.

FAST packs are an excellent idea and are a real world option for all F-15Cs, including the USAF (I've seen pictures, but they're rarely used, it seems). I'm not so sure about LANTIRN though, this is the first time I've heard of it in conjunction with the C-version, even with respect to the IAF. Can you provide a source (testbeds don't count ;) )? Anyway, I suppose it would be a pretty large addition to the game for ED, and while very beneficial to gameplay I think it should be of secondary importance compared to Air-to-Air avionics enhancements. Only implement new features after the existing ones are working right ;)

Well, the ability to drop GBU's and fire Mavericks shouldn't be a huge deal, IMHO ... I know it's not 'much realistic' for the USAF 15's, which is somewhat annoying.

On the other hand we've had all this time Russian planes carrying stuff they shouldn't be (Su25 with Kh-25MP for example, Su-27's with R-27EA etc) ... I mean we don't even have a SEAD aircraft ... although the A-10 does relatively ok in this role, against short-ranged defenses, I'd rather have a 15 arrive ahead, do some work quickly, and the 10 follows in later and bombs everything.

As an example.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So adding some basic bombing ability on the F-15 won't do much harm. It's not much realistic but it could give some fun to the NATO mud movers in the LockOn community.

I agree, I see no harm in adding *unguided* A/G-munitions to the Eagle. It's fine on the Su-27, so why not :)

EDIT: found this nice example of FAST packs used on an operational F-15C: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/766781/L/

Plans are well advanced to fit the F-15C with the software and wiring required for a JDAM capability. Doesn't make sense, IMO - the money could be better spent on upgrades to the F-15E, like the Sniper XR - but I guess 'not a pound for the ground' is no longer economically doable, I'm afraid.

sigzk5.jpg

I agree, I see no harm in adding *unguided* A/G-munitions to the Eagle. It's fine on the Su-27, so why not :)

I absolutely agree with you

EDIT: found this nice example of FAST packs used on an operational F-15C: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/766781/L/

From a very very quick search it appears that F-15C based at Keflavik, Iceland, used to carry the FAST packs more usually than other squadrons. The fact that they carried out long-range patrols and intercepts is probably a good reason for this kind of configuration.