End Mission bug (new cause)

BuzzLine

New bug causing "End Mission" button not to work. (note this is not the same root cause for the other End Mission bug)

Description : fly a campaign mission, kill a locomotive, watch the "End Mission" button not working when quitting. This error found in the dcs.log

ALERT   LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_logbook.lua"]:1147: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'Rate' (a nil value)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_logbook.lua"]:1147: in function 'updateUserStatistics'
	[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_debriefing.lua"]:361: in function 'updateStatistic'
	[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_debriefing.lua"]:385: in function 'endMission'
	[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_debriefing.lua"]:351: in function 'onChange'
	[string "./dxgui/bind/Button.lua"]:22: in function 'callback'
	[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:368: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:363>

Cause : locomotive objects lack a score value (called "rate" in the code) and this causes a null ref error.

Solution : add a score value to locomotives (and other objects I guess) and/or fix the code in the stats updater (see attached)

Attachments:

- micromission to duplicate the bug (for your convenience, I used the Su-25T so no need for special modules). Lower the nose and shoot the train.

- track of me flying 

- dcs log of the error (it's not quite the same mission but the stacktrace should be the same)

- a patched lua file with both my fixes for the two causes of End Mission bug that I'm aware of. 

debug_endmission_bug2_train.miz BUG_endmission_locomotive.trk dcs_BUG_Mi24_Patrol.log me_logbook.lua

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hey Buzzline. 😀  I only know the locomotive bug was fixed last month (I tested it back then). Since it's the only case I was able to repoduce, I'm not sure the rest got fixed as well.

Please let me know what you find out.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 10 months later...
On 3/31/2022 at 12:28 AM, Flappie said:

Hey Buzzline. 😀  I only know the locomotive bug was fixed last month (I tested it back then). Since it's the only case I was able to repoduce, I'm not sure the rest got fixed as well.

Please let me know what you find out.

Killed just locomotive. Triggered.

Just now, Wiggo said:

Killed just locomotive. Triggered.

When i go dcs main menu -> campaing -> my campaings -> it does not show the progress BUT if i click some of my airplane mods (to see their own campaigns) progress is shown and weirdly THEN -> my campaigns -> progress shows. BUT cant end any mission now,