Some questions about AI wingman

fumap

Hi,

first of all I'm enjoying Raven One so much. Reading the book in parallel to the campaign adds so much, thanks for recreating the missions so well!

I'm just at Mission 5 (to go) but wanted to check if there is a solution to couple of odd issues with the wingman AI. I'm well aware AI is dumb, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Mission 2: for the case III, there is no way for me to kiss off the wingman to his own pattern, like in mission 4. Did I miss something? He flown the full approach at my side! Would be nice to have the same option as mission 4!

Mission 3: during the AAR on the way back to Mother the AI first went for the left basket, so I connected to the right one, like on the way to the battleground. Few second later he crashed into me trying to connect to the right basket as well...no idea why, then he proceeded to reconnect to the left basket again.

Mission 4: I kissed off the wingman while approaching the marshal stack (I was sent at 6000/21DME), he climbs 7000 so I assumed he was after me, no Comms from him on marshal frequency. I was given an approach time of 34. I start it on time to land and while I'm clearing the deck he lands on top of me. I'm sure I haven't pulled a "Saint"...did I miss any comms?

Appreciate if anyone has any input on any of those. Maybe it is just me not considering AI the enemy!

fumap

MY SYTEM: Intel i9-12900K / Asus Maximus Z690 Apex / 32Gb Corsair Vengeance 5600MHz DDR5 / Asus TUF RTX3080Ti OC / DCS on Intel 900p 480GB / Watercooling loop based on EKWB - Triple 360 Rad

Hey! While I am using the wingman as separate flight in the campaign (which makes him much much smarter than the stock one), the things you mention - AAR, RTB etc are completely out of control for mission makers, i.e. it is AI that will decide which basket to take, when and how to land etc. So I am afraid you will just have to stay frosty and get used to it!

• Thanks 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey,

Thanks for the answer! I assumed so, just checking if there was anything I was missing!

I'm learning so much from the campaign with all the terminology, thanks for the amazing effort!

fumap

MY SYTEM: Intel i9-12900K / Asus Maximus Z690 Apex / 32Gb Corsair Vengeance 5600MHz DDR5 / Asus TUF RTX3080Ti OC / DCS on Intel 900p 480GB / Watercooling loop based on EKWB - Triple 360 Rad