[Reported] IRMV vertical axis slew broken

some1

When slewing IR maverick with an axis, the vertical slew stops if you bring the horizontal slew axis to zero, even if the vertical slew axis is stil deflected.

In other words, if you are slewing the sensor in the upper right direction, and want it to slew in the upper left (or just straight up), it will get stuck and stop moving. 

The horizontal slew axis does not have such problem. 

In the attached track I try to move the sensor in a vertical zig-zag pattern like below, but this is not possible. It will stop whenever I try to change direction. 

\
 \
  \
   \
   /
  /
 /
/
\
 \ 
  \
   \

IRMVverticalSlew.trk

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [Reported] IRMV vertical axis slew broken
  • 2 years later...

Has this issue been fixed yet? I'm having significant problems with the vertical axis TDC slewing of the IRMV seeker.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
i9-9900k 3.6 GHz, 64 GB 3200 MHz ram
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming
RTX 4090, Samsung 970 pro NVMe

21 minutes ago, peachpossum said:

Has this issue been fixed yet? I'm having significant problems with the vertical axis TDC slewing of the IRMV seeker.

AFAIK not really - as the issue comes from still having a input on the opposite axis (i.e. a slight input on horizontal axis can cause the vertical axis to "stick").

It can be "fixed" by setting a axis dead zone (size depends on how much drift/jitter the other axis has).

Here is an example of my Winwing TDC axis setup, which is a compromise for sensitivity vs slew speed - YMMV.

20240402185718_1.jpg

Similar thread Re:TPOD slewing

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/331645-tdc-slew-axis-horizontal-especially/?do=findComment&comment=5270402

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I started using these settings, once you guys suggested its a problem with the axis, and low and behold; I can finally get a cross hair to lock on the Targets!!

and the axis is smoother not stuttering, any longer. 

z-axis for the mouse stick on my throttle controller.

IMG_8366.jpg

Print-screens or any other screen shot with the UI opened in VR like this, would not take, I had to use my Cell phone to take the pictures of the UI axis tune setting.

IMG_8367.jpg

black out screen shots are from the print screen button while UI inside UI axis tune settings. The screen shots wouldn't work in MT-Bin VR. with the UI open inside the UI axis tune settings.

Desktop Screenshot 2024.04.06 - 01.07.46.50.png  Desktop Screenshot 2024.04.06 - 01.07.28.41.png  Desktop Screenshot 2024.04.06 - 01.07.17.98.png

Screen_240406_005604.png

Edited by 71st_Mastiff
  • Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||