Hornet Ball

Is there a way to bind the Hornet Ball communication to my hotas?  It's not highlighted in the control settings except for the mouse button which I don't want to use.  I don't see anything for communications in the default.lua file under the joystick folder for the F18 input.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wonder where you are looking!
The "Hornet Ball" command is available for binding to whatever you want, and I find it in the "default.lua" under joystick and keyboard, and in the equivalent file for the TM Warthog throttle.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

15 minutes ago, Foka said:

Someone wrote that it's probably connected with language selected in game. AFAIR someone in german couldn't find that option, and when he switched to english it was there.

Yeah, make sure to look for the appropriate term in your language. For example, the German word for "ball" is:

Ball

• Like 1

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

In the unmodified "default.lua" under "\joystick", if you open it with Notepad++, it's in line 877:

{	down = intercom_commands.MsgHornetBall_EXT,	cockpit_device_id = devices.INTERCOM,	value_down =  1.0,	name = _('Hornet Ball'),	category = _('Communications')},

In a non-English version, simply search for the string "intercom_commands.MsgHornetBall_EXT" and you should find it. If you cannot find it this way, the file misses a line.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

@Laidback: Do you use a non-English version, and if "Yes", which language?
I switched my stable version to German, and the "Hornet Ball" is still there (as "Hornet Ball" as I expected).
Also, I found that when you change language it does not change the command names in "default.lua". The translations from English to target language are in the file "input.mo" under "...\DCS World\l10n\de\LC_MESSAGES". And, if there is no translation for a given command, then Options/Control will show the original English command name. For this reason, language localization is noat a very likely reason for losing a command. Except, the translator could enter something unrecognizable like "B  l" or a space by accident. But then you should see a strange command name in Options/Controls when you select the appropriate category.

Edit: so you should still find the line in "default.lua" by searching for "Hornet Ball", or just "Ball" with the option "whole words only" not ticked of course.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

On 1/19/2022 at 3:54 AM, LeCuvier said:

In the unmodified "default.lua" under "\joystick", if you open it with Notepad++, it's in line 877:

{	down = intercom_commands.MsgHornetBall_EXT,	cockpit_device_id = devices.INTERCOM,	value_down =  1.0,	name = _('Hornet Ball'),	category = _('Communications')},

In a non-English version, simply search for the string "intercom_commands.MsgHornetBall_EXT" and you should find it. If you cannot find it this way, the file misses a line.

Thank You!!  For some reason this line wasn't in my default.lua but I was able to add it and it works!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...