The true forces on the stick

303_Kermit

Watch the film carefully, and expecially the second part where speed exceeds 700km/h. It's a Lim-2 with 2x400L aux tanks. Wings aren't bent after flight, and stick moves easily. Compare these 50 year old plane with DCS MiG15. Seems for me that acuracy of forces on the stick is nowhere near, or the pilot is Arnold Schwarzeneger. I love the part when pilot rolls left 270°, by 700km/h. In DCS by that speed MiG feels already "hard" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw5cBohUs3U&t=566s

Edited by 303_Kermit
  • Like 3

The guy put awesome vids on that channel. Nice to see some good aerobatics action over Modlin :).

That being said, after watching both vids with 602 being flow It looks similar to DCS MiG from my perspective. If anything, the real plane seems to be rolling little slower, which is understandable because of drop tanks I guess. In DCS, between 650 and 700 IAS full roll without tanks takes between 4 and 4.5 seconds to complete. He does them in about 5+ on average.

Do you think DCS MiG is too stiff at these speeds? Are you sure you've got hydraulic aileron booster turned on?

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.