Setting up my CM2 tomorrow what software version?

Burt

Yeah I’m alittle confused on what version to use. I bought the Virpil CM2 for it’s built quality the most and I will not be doing any fancy/advance programming with it and only fly jets, mostly BFM. I went to the Virpil forum and seems there was a few issues with the newest one or maybe in its beta form and it was for Advance users which I am not ! I just use basic DCS bindings.

Version 20210102 Patch Rotor Plus is the newest one, is that one for helos and jets/advance version. 
or should I go for Version 20201118

Thanks

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Yes, good question. I have my Virpil gear setup and working well on the version from 1 year ago. I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle of upgrading to the newest software (rename all my USB IDs etc) or should I leave it alone. Does it bring anything hassle-worthy to the table?

Cheers

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Thank you! I just want  what’s easy and trouble free !  I heard nightmares I don’t want to get into.

thanks for replying as I didn’t think this was a dumb question to ask.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

The latest version brings some pretty big changes it seems to the software/firmware. If I were starting with a new stick I would probably go ahead and start fresh with it using the latest software. It updates the firmware and changes the device id's so you will have that out of the way and not have to worry about it a few months down the road.

I am still on the previous version myself and have not updated yet to this one but may go ahead and do it here soon. But yeah really the previous version is rocking along just fine with me, I have no real compelling reason to update yet.

• Thanks 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks Don !

Start Date April 2020 

Yes, thanks guys.  Much appreciated. 

I think I will leave all enough alone until there is a really compelling reason to update. The configtime:playtime ratio for DCS is already way too high as it is. 

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2