All Mirage binds are greyed out and axis commands have almost all gone!

imacken

Don't know what's going on, but just today, all my Mirage binds are gone and all the boxes are greyed out. Also, the axis commands - see attached - are seriously depleted.

Only in the Mirage, all other modules are OK.

Any ideas?

m1.jpg

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Sorry, been away for a couple of days.

I worked it out.  I have a mod that adds radio commands to the default.lua, and I hadn't noticed that the Mirage default.lua underwent some significant changes since I last looked. So, I added the commands into the revised lua and all is good now.

Thanks for your help.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

55 minutes ago, imacken said:

I worked it out.  I have a mod that adds radio commands to the default.lua, and I hadn't noticed that the Mirage default.lua underwent some significant changes since I last looked. So, I added the commands into the revised lua and all is good now.

Thanks for your help.

Take a look at Quaggles DCS input command injector:

https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-input-command-injector

let’s you add extra keybinds in saved games folder that won’t get messed up by lua changes - has been an absolutely game changer for me

• Like 2

That looks really useful. I'll try it out later. Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, imacken said:

Thanks for your help.

Which radio commands do you need to add? Most are included now

Really? I'm talking about the F1-F12 commands. I have them added into the default luas and bind them to my TM MFDs.

3 hours ago, Kercheiz said:

Ah, yes

I put those in \DCS World\Config\Input\Aircrafts\common_joystick_binding.lua

This way you have them in all modules at once

Hmm, interesting. That would be useful, but I can't get it to work.  I put the commands in the file, and they appear in some modules, but not others.

21 hours ago, Shiroka said:

Take a look at Quaggles DCS input command injector:

https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-input-command-injector

let’s you add extra keybinds in saved games folder that won’t get messed up by lua changes - has been an absolutely game changer for me

That works a treat! Took some time  to configure the structure etc., but well worth it. Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kercheiz said:

Hey! Interesting tool

Any ideas on why my commands are not showing in all modules when put into common binding?  (As above)

OK, thanks. Not so useful then.

No, didn't see that. Where are they located?

14 minutes ago, imacken said:

No, didn't see that. Where are they located?

Here you go!

https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds

Little OT, but since you're bunding all those F keys. Are you familiar with VAICOM PRO, a plugin for VoiceAttack, that will let you speak those commands, in a much more natural way, and in any order without the need for the comms menu?
Can even hide the menu, and drop "your own"/pilot's voice.

https://www.vaicompro.com/

Cheers!

Thanks. Yes, I'm familiar with VoiceAttack.  I just didn't get on with it at all. Largely because of the looks I was getting from my wife!

The F key binds are second nature to me now being on the TM MFDs with a modifier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imacken said:

Thanks. Yes, I'm familiar with VoiceAttack.  I just didn't get on with it at all. Largely because of the looks I was getting from my wife!

The F key binds are second nature to me now being on the TM MFDs with a modifier.

Haha! Yeah, I get it. VAICOM is totally different though. If you have VA you may try it for free. 😊 

Thanks. I have tried VAICOM in the past as well. Didn’t get on with it either. 

• Like 1