When will we get the voices for Petrovich?

Stratos
Go to solution Solved by NineLine,

Petrovich says nothing,

I think "flares flares" is from a mission file that triggers a specific user made response.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I'm sure we'll have Petrov's voice on day 1 of release   (Remembering... ... it is early access, so day #1 of release will be when it's out of EA). 😉

I for one am grateful we get to fly  it now without Petrov's voice (although I understand why people want it), instead of it still being unavailable for us to experiment with and fly until things are finished. If ED waited until all the features were implement that people think should be available before releasing early access... we'd be waiting quite some time longer still, and early access probably wouldn't really be EA.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2022 at 9:04 PM, Stratos said:

should have been a day 1 feature

I agree: it's what's keeping me from flying the module. The Apache will also remain a hangar queen until George gets fully voiced.

• Like 3
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Since I went over to Vaicom, I have realised that the voice is the new weapon in VR, an essential part of getting things done🙂

Petrov's voice is surely the most anticipated part of the hind for me... I am sooo looking forward to talking to him.... to interacting with my mouth.... and it will be in a chopper.

It will be awesome!

Ed will need to ensure they create an AI menu and reserve global key binds for human interface to AI comms.... they will eventually need a lot of key binds.

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty sad If thats the case, that should have been a EA day 1 feature and is being pushed and pushed, we havent even heard Petrovich talk in a video, so who knows? maybe is not even being worked on.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

1 hour ago, Stratos said:

Pretty sad If thats the case, that should have been a EA day 1 feature and is being pushed and pushed, we havent even heard Petrovich talk in a video, so who knows? maybe is not even being worked on.

You can hear it’s Russian voice in one of the first videos, I think taxiing Mi-24P 

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

2 hours ago, Stratos said:

Sorry but I checked several videos without luck.

I believe it was in Wags' simplified cold start video that has since been removed. You could hear Petrovich spot a truck while still on the runway.

Untitled-2.png

2 hours ago, Stratos said:

Sorry but I checked several videos without luck.

Just now, AeriaGloria said:

Yes sorry I do not remember the exact video. I thought it was one of the first ones by Wags like the hover, taxi video. I apologize 

I found a mirror of the removed video on Facebook. Petrovich at 4:40

https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/videos/497238244920919

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Untitled-2.png

1 hour ago, sLYFa said:

At 4:45 he says: Ground target detected at three o'clock, 100m, truck. 

Thank you. NGL I didn’t expect it to call out any target it sees with its eyes, I assume that means that this feature is far bigger then scripted audio files and should comfort people who wonder why it has taken so long 

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

9 minutes ago, AeriaGloria said:

Thank you. NGL I didn’t expect him to call out any target it sees with its eyes, I assume that means that this feature is far bigger then scripted audio files and should comfort people who wonder why it has taken so long 

I would be comforted If ED can provide more info about this. What is planned, what Petro will be able to do, and when we will see it.

Thanks a lot sLYFa!

• Like 1

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!