Working wipers

ebabil

Since we have rain on canopy effect, it would be good wipers work for real

• Like 2

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

5 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

working wipers are planned already

thanks

do you mean wipers will wipe the rain from the window?

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

49 minutes ago, ebabil said:

That crossed my mind too - we already have wroking wipers in the other helos, they just dont clear the screen! @BIGNEWY are you able to clarify what "working" means? Thanks

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

When it is raining, the wiper blades are able to clear water from the windshield.  The wiper blades move from side-to-side countless times to sweep water (rain) away on the windshield so that the driver has better viewing when looking through the windshield.  In DCS, the wiper blades move back and forth, but do not clear rain when it is raining.  

1 hour ago, Mike Force Team said:

When it is raining, the wiper blades are able to clear water from the windshield.  The wiper blades move from side-to-side countless times to sweep water (rain) away on the windshield so that the driver has better viewing when looking through the windshield.

That is certainly an accurate definition of the window wiper phenomenon.

But it does seem a little 'wishy washy', pardon the pun, to simply say the wipers are 'working' without clarifying whether they do indeed wipe the droplets away - or like all the other modules, just go back and forth but not actually wipe anything.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

@BIGNEWYCan you clarify what "working" means? We have "working" wipers in the ka50, in that the models move. but rain is not actually removed from the canopy. Do we get the same "working" or will they actually work?

Will this feature then be extended to the other models that have anti rain/ice for their canopies? Be it wipers or bleed air?

• ED Team

At the moment wipers that move and have variable speeds. I can not promise it will wipe rain yet, but it is something that we would like to do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

There are several ways to fight windshield icing. The most common solution for light general aviation aircraft is known affectionately as the “hot plate,” which is a small, electrically operated rectangular heating element installed on the windshield, usually right in front of the pilot. They can be pretty effective but depending on the conditions may clear only a relatively small area of the windshield.

Another option is a glycol-based system, which employs a mixture of glycol and water against ice. One popular system, called TKS, sprays glycol solution onto the propeller to remove ice; in single-engine aircraft, that fluid then is slung onto the windshield, providing some ice control. Some TKS installations employ a windshield spray bar. Glycol systems can provide either anti-ice or deice capabilities, sometimes both.

Most aircraft powered by turbine engines have much more effective means of keeping the windshield clear. For many, hot bleed air—compressed air drawn from one or more of the turbine engine’s compressor stages is directed over the windshield. (Bleed air also is used to pressurize, heat, and cool the cabin.) 

This link goes to download PDF information that discusses ice and rain protection systems for different types of aircraft:  https://skybrary.aero/sites/default/files/bookshelf/4452.pdf

Edited by Mike Force Team

I guess I'm just being pedantic about the "hot plate" which I've seen used on many planes. It's basically a piece of glass with a heating element that you attach in front of a plexiglass windscreen. I just thought it was funny that of the three methods mentioned, none consider having the heating element built right into the windscreen.

In the AH-64 case, as you mention of course, the heating element is just built right into the windscreen.

Just now, AlphaOneSix said:

I guess I'm just being pedantic about the "hot plate" which I've seen used on many planes. It's basically a piece of glass with a heating element that you attach in front of a plexiglass windscreen. I just thought it was funny that of the three methods mentioned, none consider having the heating element built right into the windscreen.

In the AH-64 case, as you mention of course, the heating element is just built right into the windscreen.

I gotchya, I guess I took it as electrical. 

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

At the moment wipers that move and have variable speeds. I can not promise it will wipe rain yet, but it is something that we would like to do. 

So "no" then.  

You really need to need to stop with the semantics. We know what we mean by wipers working. Any reasonable schmuck would know it to. And it isnt going back and forth to zero effect. We shouldnt need to back you in a corner and beat it out of you. 

Edited by Boosterdog
  • Like 2

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

• ED Team

I guess the Apache wipers is going to be this module's version of the Mi-8/Mi-24 cockpit fan.....

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• ED Team
On 1/2/2022 at 9:28 PM, ebabil said:

On 1/2/2022 at 10:20 PM, Boosterdog said:

That crossed my mind too - we already have wroking wipers in the other helos, they just dont clear the screen! @BIGNEWY are you able to clarify what "working" means? Thanks

14 hours ago, Boosterdog said:

So "no" then.  

You really need to need to stop with the semantics. We know what we mean by wipers working. Any reasonable schmuck would know it to. And it isnt going back and forth to zero effect. We shouldnt need to back you in a corner and beat it out of you. 

You asked for clarification, I replied, if you dont want me to answer please dont ask me questions. 

As mentioned it is something we would like to have, now this is has been answered I will close so we dont have a back and forth scenario. Feel free to PM me. 

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2