Jump to content

T34 tank


FoxxyTrotty
 Share

Recommended Posts

I would really like to see this tank added to the pack, the Russian T34.

For Germany, 80% of the landwar war, in terms of numbers, was against Russia on the Eastern front. Over 80,000 of these were built, outnumbering any other tank in the war by far, and it was good. Adding "the Starlins" which was the Russian answer to the Tiger would be a real bonus.

Many thanks

  • Like 1

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you have that backwards, the Tiger was developed as a response to the shock of encountering the T-34 during Barbarossa. 

 

It would be an excellent addition but I don't think it should be added to the WWII assets pack. It is still in service in a few countries and saw extensive use by third world armies during the Cold War.  It should be added to the base game.  

It would not be much use to us in the current WWII environment, although we have an I-16 and a Ju-88A-4 and if you squint enough, or fly in VR, you can use the Caucasus map for a theatre but the Persian Gulf or Syria would be great.

  • Like 3

Georgian Spring Server: Join the Revolution!

http://georgianspring.enjin.com/

 

Training for Sabre Pilots

http://1-fighter-otu.enjin.com/

 

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually panther tank was direct response to T-34, panther used  angled armor same as t-34, but Tiger was also response to T-34 and KW tanks not vice versa

  • Like 3

Windows 11, I7 12700KF Stock, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, Ram 32 GB G.skill, Palit Gamerock OC 3090, Hotas Warthog, Thrustmaster Pendular Pedals, OLED 48" 120Hz.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 5:24 PM, 71st_AH Rob said:

I think you have that backwards, the Tiger was developed as a response to the shock of encountering the T-34 during Barbarossa. 

 

It would be an excellent addition but I don't think it should be added to the WWII assets pack. It is still in service in a few countries and saw extensive use by third world armies during the Cold War.  It should be added to the base game.  

It would not be much use to us in the current WWII environment, although we have an I-16 and a Ju-88A-4 and if you squint enough, or fly in VR, you can use the Caucasus map for a theatre but the Persian Gulf or Syria would be great.

I'm not sure if you read my comment quite right, I wrote the Starlin was the response to the tiger, but even if I had got my order mixed up, the Russian T34 was a good tank for the time and the most produced and feels missing from a ww2 assets pack that has a whole bunch of tanks, including the king tiger of which too few too late to matter much,  but missing is the most heavily produced tank ever. 

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/29/2021 at 1:00 PM, grafspee said:

Actually panther tank was direct response to T-34, panther used  angled armor same as t-34, but Tiger was also response to T-34 and KW tanks not vice versa

Wider tracks was the other innovation ported to the new German tanks.

4 hours ago, FoxxyTrotty said:

I'm not sure if you read my comment quite right, I wrote the Starlin was the response to the tiger, but even if I had got my order mixed up, the Russian T34 was a good tank for the time and the most produced and feels missing from a ww2 assets pack that has a whole bunch of tanks, including the king tiger of which too few too late to matter much,  but missing is the most heavily produced tank ever. 

I think it is all about the map. ED confines assets to the maps they belong to. The current WWII maps are Normandy/Channel. But I agree, a T34/KV variety added to the WWII assets pack would make a lot of sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I think we need a lot of Red Army and Air Force assets to flesh out the Korean eara

On 1/14/2022 at 12:18 PM, Callsign112 said:

I think it is all about the map. ED confines assets to the maps they belong to. The current WWII maps are Normandy/Channel. But I agree, a T34/KV variety added to the WWII assets pack would make a lot of sense.

This is why we need some East front and early cold war maps. I'd love to see a WWII caucuses map (provided its free) Though I would pay for a Kursk map

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

Would be great with T34  and other stuff for Korea,  The MiG 15 and F86 is just left there hanging. 

Exactly, this is why the T-34 should not be added to the current WWII assets pack but should be part of the base game.  It really has no place in the current WWII environment and does belong in all sorts of scenarios post WWII.  From Korea right up to Operation Allied Force.

  • Like 2

Georgian Spring Server: Join the Revolution!

http://georgianspring.enjin.com/

 

Training for Sabre Pilots

http://1-fighter-otu.enjin.com/

 

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The T-34 modeled should be a late war variant (T-34/85 Model 1945}. It should go with a late war variant of the Yak-9 (Yak-9U). The map I would like to see would be centered around 1945 Berlin (lots of buildings damaged). This map would offer late WWII and early Cold War missions that would include the Soviets. You can also do Western Allies bomber missions using air starts. 

You could do a non-historic Battle Royale. 

 


Edited by Grimleo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, 71st_AH Rob said:

Exactly, this is why the T-34 should not be added to the current WWII assets pack but should be part of the base game.  It really has no place in the current WWII environment and does belong in all sorts of scenarios post WWII.  From Korea right up to Operation Allied Force.

The T-34 could be used on the current Caucasus map to simulate the Eastern front, and even Germany as the conflict moved back toward Germany. But there is even a sliver of the Caucasus map that could be used to simulate actual ground force movement there. What would also help in addition to a long list of ground assets would be a map that could better represent the Eastern front.


Edited by Callsign112
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t understand why there are so few ground asset mods?

In the grand scheme of tings. The ground assets are simple,  make a model, use the base template of a other tank, put it in the game. The armor simulation in the game is very simple. But nobody seems interested in making ground assets mods, not infantry, not vehicles. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What would be really nice to see is if some of the more than capable modders would formalize their efforts as a third party licensed for that purpose.

Take naval mods as an example, if some of the more well known collaborations on WWII ships were presented to ED in a formal way, it would sell really well IMO. They could keep the modded versions as free to down load, but provide more complete official versions with accurate armament/damage models ect... as a pay to use. I for one would love to use some of those mods, but don't bother because of all the work involved in maintaining my install after each new patch.


Edited by Callsign112
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, razo+r said:

Splendid, then why don't you just start doing some? 😄

I'm not a modder or 3d modeler. 

The post was a reference to the wide difference between the massive amount of aircraft mods and ship mods vs the nonexistent ground assets mods(any mods) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Callsign112 said:

What would be really nice to see is if some of the more than capable modders would formalize their efforts as a third party licensed for that purpose.

Take naval mods as an example, if some of the more well known collaborations on WWII ships were presented to ED in a formal way, it would sell really well IMO. They could keep the modded versions as free to down load, but provide more complete official versions with accurate armament/damage models ect... as a pay to use. I for one would love to use some of those mods, but don't bother because of all the work involved in maintaining my install after each new patch.

 

I'd love it if the folks doing the AI mods did that

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

I'm not a modder or 3d modeler. 

The post was a reference to the wide difference between the massive amount of aircraft mods and ship mods vs the nonexistent ground assets mods(any mods) 

There are plenty of ground assets around, just not a lot for WWII.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, razo+r said:

There are plenty of ground assets around, just not a lot for WWII.

I haven't found many. No Vietnam era, neither infantry or armor.

We are still stuck with just a couple of infantry types. No Chinese infantry, you got Russian, Ameican and insurgents. And only a few variations of each.

Insurgents doesn't have MGs neither does any of the WW2.

Nobody has made technicals(but they seem to be coming from ED) I haven't even found any reskins, so US infantry are just in generic woodlandish cammo  which is ok for 80s and 90s but doesn't fit with many of the modern jets like the F16 and F18 which are late naughties. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

Nobody has made technicals(but they seem to be coming from ED).

The Technicals was confirmed on work by ED some years ago, and show on "2022 and beyond video" and Wags AH-64 Pages.

 

More news to the front

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial): https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

Silver_Dragon Youtube

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

I haven't found many. No Vietnam era, neither infantry or armor.

We are still stuck with just a couple of infantry types. No Chinese infantry, you got Russian, Ameican and insurgents. And only a few variations of each.

Insurgents doesn't have MGs neither does any of the WW2.

Nobody has made technicals(but they seem to be coming from ED) I haven't even found any reskins, so US infantry are just in generic woodlandish cammo  which is ok for 80s and 90s but doesn't fit with many of the modern jets like the F16 and F18 which are late naughties. 

 

Frenchpack has some vietnam stuff in it.

Technical mods also exist or at least did exist.

Before the Assets pack, there used to be a mod with WWII vehicles in it. And even now there is one or another WWII vehicle around.

There also used to be a mod with infantry and ATGMs around, but that one as far as I know stopped being supported.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...