Making the KA50 available to other nations

masonator

• ED Team
Ok, so I'd like to make the Ka50 available to Canada. Is there any way to do that?

IT COULD HAPPEN ;)

Do you mean the real aircraft or the simulation?

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

• ED Team
Woops! My bad. I already have the Russian Version...I mean is it possible to have Black Sharks available to the Canadian side in the game?

Sorry!

I am sure a modder in the future will be able to do this.

As regards buying the boxed version of DCS:Black Shark, we have finalised or about to sign final contracts with distributors in every continent of the world [Exception: South America - if anyone has any contacts with distributors in South America, please pm me].

And Canada, you will have option of buying the English or French version, including the full manuals - (that has taken a lot of translating by our superb French translation team)

Edited by JimMack
spelling

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

ooooo, good news!!!! :D

How long does it take distributors to get it on the shelves I wonder

~~~ Win7 64bit // i5 2500K @4.2Ghz // ASUS P8P67 Pro ~~~

~~~ H50 Cooler // 12GB 1600 DDR3 // EVGA GTX580 SC ~~~

~~~ TMW // Combat Pedals // TrackIR 4 ~~~

It's relatively easy to do, a bit easier then in Lomac even if you ask me.

Blackshark has the whole xml based meinit stuff and large portions of the code in lua files.

Those can be opened with any text editor and offer most of the xml files benefits combined with easy accessibility.

With a text editor like "Notepad ++" or the like you will be able to close and open taps whilst viewing the file, giving you easy navigation.

The information what country fields what equipment is in a file called "db_countries.lua" in your Scripts\Database folder.

Open that file and search for the Ka-50's ID

"3457BB1E-523F-4C24-BBEA-58D028623F05".

You will hit 2 entries.

One for Russia and one for Turkey.

You'll see that it's listed with all the paintsheme IDs under a subpoint called "Helicopters =".

Now search for "Canada" and you will find that the different vehicle types are listed in each their own category.

You have "Planes, Heliports, Ships, Cars" and finaly "Helicopters".

No helicopters assigned for Canada yet, just

"Helicopters =

{

CATID = "{828CEADE-3F1D-40aa-93CE-8CDB73FE2710}",

Helicopter =

{

},

},"

Now copy the Ka-50 entry over with all the paintshemes you want so it looks like this:

Helicopters =

{

Helicopter =

{

cnt_unit("{3457BB1E-523F-4C24-BBEA-58D028623F05}", "Ka-50", {

color_scheme [...]

}),

},

},

Easy isnt it? :)

• ED Team
ooooo, good news!!!! :D

How long does it take distributors to get it on the shelves I wonder

Here is the process:

Distributors present the game to the chief buyers of retail chains in their country.

Chief buyers then consult with their stores.

Chief buyers then give sales estimates to the Distributor.

Distributor then advises Publisher (i.e. TFC/ED) how many to manufacture.

Game is manufactured, and then has to be delivered to Distributor, who then delivers to retail chains, who then deliver to the shops.

About 2 months!

It's relatively easy to do, a bit easier then in Lomac even if you ask me.

Blackshark has the whole xml based meinit stuff and large portions of the code in lua files.

Those can be opened with any text editor and offer most of the xml files benefits combined with easy accessibility.

With a text editor like "Notepad ++" or the like you will be able to close and open taps whilst viewing the file, giving you easy navigation.

The information what country fields what equipment is in a file called "db_countries.lua" in your Scripts\Database folder.

Open that file and search for the Ka-50's ID

"3457BB1E-523F-4C24-BBEA-58D028623F05".

You will hit 2 entries.

One for Russia and one for Turkey.

You'll see that it's listed with all the paintsheme IDs under a subpoint called "Helicopters =".

Now search for "Canada" and you will find that the different vehicle types are listed in each their own category.

You have "Planes, Heliports, Ships, Cars" and finaly "Helicopters".

No helicopters assigned for Canada yet, just

"Helicopters =

{

Helicopter =

{

},

},"

Now copy the Ka-50 entry over with all the paintshemes you want so it looks like this:

Helicopters =

{

Helicopter =

{

cnt_unit("{3457BB1E-523F-4C24-BBEA-58D028623F05}", "Ka-50", {

color_scheme [...]

}),

},

},

Easy isnt it? :)

Yeah, you pretty much rock, Dvst. Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Worked PERFECTLY!!! Man, this forum rules. Thanks again Dvst.

And Canada, you will have option of buying the English or French version, including the full manuals - (that has taken a lot of translating by our superb French translation team)

Awesome. Any word on if there will be a Steam version available in English?

Edited by masonator

I am sure a modder in the future will be able to do this.

As regards buying the boxed version of DCS:Black Shark, we have finalised or about to sign final contracts with distributors in every continent of the world [Exception: South America - if anyone has any contacts with distributors in South America, please pm me].

So the boxed version will have a printed manual?

I already have the Russian version but I'd probably spring for the boxed version instead of the digital download if that's the case.

• ED Team
So the boxed version will have a printed manual?

I already have the Russian version but I'd probably spring for the boxed version instead of the digital download if that's the case.

Sorry, the boxed version will not have the printed manual. The manual will be sold separately, it is 2 inches thick and would not fit in a DVD case. Regarding the price of the manual, we are still awaiting quotes from the priinters before declaring a price. Suffice to say, someone in the USA got a quote from Kinkos of $300, and I personally spent £50 (say $75) on print cartridges, printing it on my home inkjet printer!

No it could not. We're buying F-35's ;)

Hahahahahahaha.

Hahaha

hehe.

Uh, yeah.

;)

Why we just don't buy the Super Hornet, I'll never know. Personally, I think we should buy Su37s, but you know what our southern cousins would say about that, eh?

Hahahahahahaha.

Hahaha

hehe.

Uh, yeah.

;)

Why we just don't buy the Super Hornet, I'll never know.

Because it's better to save our money to buy something better still, and skip the SH.

Personally, I think we should buy Su37s, but you know what our southern cousins would say about that, eh?

The one that ended its career by crashing? Why buy last decade's technology when you can have F-35's continue to be effective for the next 20-30 years? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

All new fighters experience production problems. The SH is having issues as well and it isn't cheap either.

We already participated in the development, IIRC - and not buying the F-35 is basically a waste of that money.

We're not in the business of buying fighters often, so we need to get the best from the get-go so it'll last the longest.

In terms of best-bang-for-the-buck between SH and JSF, the JSF wins - it is newer, it already sports stealth (which you can't throw on as an afterthought), an excellent sensor system and a clean profile, as well as a tremendously powerful engine. It's being compared to an F-16 but it's more like an F-15 without the F-15's high altitude supersonic performance. Did I mention it flies clean? This translates to fuel economy and strike range.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Here is the process:

Distributors present the game to the chief buyers of retail chains in their country.

Chief buyers then consult with their stores.

Chief buyers then give sales estimates to the Distributor.

Distributor then advises Publisher (i.e. TFC/ED) how many to manufacture.

Game is manufactured, and then has to be delivered to Distributor, who then delivers to retail chains, who then deliver to the shops.

About 2 months!

So we're looking at an early Feb release of DCS:BS Int version?:huh:]

Probably pressing my luck asking to be fair but is Demo planned 1month before full release.....ish? :pilotfly:

~~~ Win7 64bit // i5 2500K @4.2Ghz // ASUS P8P67 Pro ~~~

~~~ H50 Cooler // 12GB 1600 DDR3 // EVGA GTX580 SC ~~~

~~~ TMW // Combat Pedals // TrackIR 4 ~~~

Hehe, so I'm not the only Canadian who's been messing around getting the shark to fly under the maple leaf. I'm currently trying to make a skin for it using a colour scheme similar to the CH-146. Having some trouble coming up with the decals I'm looking for though (the big "Canada" with the maple leaf right of the 'd' in particular).

Hehe, so I'm not the only Canadian who's been messing around getting the shark to fly under the maple leaf. I'm currently trying to make a skin for it using a colour scheme similar to the CH-146. Having some trouble coming up with the decals I'm looking for though (the big "Canada" with the maple leaf right of the 'd' in particular).

Awesome. Let me know how it turns out. I'd love a copy, if you can make it happen!

Mase

Alright, I don't want to hijack the thread so I'll post a new one up in mods/addons when I have time to get some screens together and work on it some more. May be a few weeks though... Next week's the last week of my university term so I'm all tied up with projects right now.

Alright, I don't want to hijack the thread so I'll post a new one up in mods/addons when I have time to get some screens together and work on it some more. May be a few weeks though... Next week's the last week of my university term so I'm all tied up with projects right now.

Cool! Good luck with projects/exams! I remember those days...

Mase