Thrustmaster Warthog + FA18C with FA18C Grip

tityus

Hello there

I've been flying my Hornet and having fun for some time now.  Until last week, I was using a X52 HOTAS without glitches, but Black Friday came and I took advantage of a good deal and got myself a Thrustmaster Warthog with the FA18C Grip.  I'm still trying to get used to the harder spring, but the product is first tier as many of you already know and is working flawlessly.

However, one issue came that intrigued me a bit:

I decided to make the event a debut for my A10C2 module that I had not flown before. I just ran an instant free flight mission to see how the acft behaves. I've noticed a strong "nose up" tendency. Making the long story short,  after a little research I found that with the A10C2 module, although the physical joystick is centered, DCS is interpreting it as "nose up commanded" (Y axis with marker a little bellow the center - without using any tuned joystick curve). Intriguing because, with other modules I have, the center position of the physical stick corresponds to the center position values at X and Y DCS axes.

I could adjust the joystick input curve to "correct" the issue and produce a standard pitch curve, but, before doing that, I decided to check if anyone had the same issue and what was the solution, as I may be overlooking something.

Any thoughts?

(with A10C and A10C2 the issue is present)

7 minutes ago, tityus said:

Hello there

I've been flying my Hornet and having fun for some time now.  Until last week, I was using a X52 HOTAS without glitches, but Black Friday came and I took advantage of a good deal and got myself a Thrustmaster Warthog with the FA18C Grip.  I'm still trying to get used to the harder spring, but the product is first tier as many of you already know and is working flawlessly.

However, one issue came that intrigued me a bit:

I decided to make the event a debut for my A10C2 module that I had not flown before. I just ran an instant free flight mission to see how the acft behaves. I've noticed a strong "nose up" tendency. Making the long story short,  after a little research I found that with the A10C2 module, although the physical joystick is centered, DCS is interpreting it as "nose up commanded" (Y axis with marker a little bellow the center - without using any tuned joystick curve). Intriguing because, with other modules I have, the center position of the physical stick corresponds to the center position values at X and Y DCS axes.

I could adjust the joystick input curve to "correct" the issue and produce a standard pitch curve, but, before doing that, I decided to check if anyone had the same issue and what was the solution, as I may be overlooking something.

Any thoughts?

(with A10C and A10C2 the issue is present)

Make sure force feedback is turned off in the settings menu.  I think changing or adding USB devices sometimes seems to trigger this.

Edited by jaylw314
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 11:14 PM, tityus said:

I took advantage of a good deal and got myself a Thrustmaster Warthog with the FA18C Grip.  I'm still trying to get used to the harder spring

I can recommend green spring mod from Sahaj - it makes Warthog much "wrist friendly" - https://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/

A-10C is not fly-by-wire and it doesn't self trim. Up-down trimm is much depended on your speed. Faster you fly, plane will have nose up tendency. Slower you fly - nose down. You need to use your trimm all the time.