f16 Broke wings

slash11985

It has happen only 2 times till the last update and the last event was just yesterday .

Was on MP server (104th) and just after a second of an  high turn at hight speed my wings rips off.

LOUDAOUT : 4 120 c-  2 HARM -3 TANK 1 POD (HAS )

The problems also happen before yesterday but with bvr loadout with 3 tank .

Got a tacview maybe in the afteroon will post here . 

Edited by slash11985

• ED Team

Please include a short track replay example. 

It sounds like heavy load and high G being pulled, would like to see how many G's and your weight. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

FCS won't prevent you from anything if you're flying with 2+ bags in CAT I. Actually it's quite forgiving even now since you won't get hung stores etc. You can easily pull 9 G even with a full loadout and be just fine.

If you start rolling while pulling 9 G you will pretty much guaranteed break your wings, or if you continue looping at the bottom with 9 G you will spike far above and also break them.

1 hour ago, slash11985 said:

Fcs should prevent this not me. By the way this issue happen after the last update. Never broke a wing in the viper before also with no cat 3 selected and with ag full loaded. 

If you have a AG loadout you should use CAT3, which should prevent this from happening. If you're flying around with a heavy loadout in CAT1, then it's no suprise that the wings break.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You were pulling 8,6 Gs with that loadout when the aircraft broke apart. Thats way too much. Airframe overstress has just been added recently. And maybe there is some kind of fatigue added to it too. So you might have been over G-ing the aircraft several times before, but nothing happened up to this final pull when it was finally too much.

Edited by darkman222

53 minutes ago, darkman222 said:

You were pulling 8,6 Gs with that loadout when the aircraft broke apart. Thats way too much. Airframe overstress has just been added recently. And maybe there is some kind of fatigue added to it too. So you might have been over G-ing the aircraft several times before, but nothing happened up to this final pull when it was finally too much.

No over g before just take off and route 

Just for knowledge because it isn't written nowhere.. 6x120 3xtank is consider a cat 3 for the fuel on the wings ? 

Furthermore, can we know what's the highest g can we afford in cat 1 at this point? When comes out a new update is always a Russian roulette 😕

The video I posted here is with a 4 x 120 and 2 harms and 3 tank of fuel,but the same happen with 6x120 and 3 tank some days before. 

vor 7 Stunden schrieb slash11985:

Fcs should prevent this not me. By the way this issue happen after the last update. Never broke a wing in the viper before also with no cat 3 selected and with ag full loaded. 

The FLCS in the F-16 does NOT prevent over-G, it limits AOA to prevent departure.

CAT III is anything outside of a pure A-A loadout, so as soon as you carry A/G ammunition or a tank it is a CAT III.

Edited by TobiasA
  • Like 1