Problem Landing the Spit’ on Detling’s Grass Runway

I’ve flown WWII flight sim’s since 1996 and spend the majority of my “sim time” flying, as opposed to engaging in combat.

I recently started to work through the Spit’s “instant action” missions and the one that has really got me stumped is the “Landing” mission using the Channel Map.

My problem is that in perhaps 90% of my landings the Spit’ rolls along nice and smoothly (after landing) and then pitches forward into the ground … with no braking on my part, and with my joystick pulled fully back (to keep its tail down).

I do occasionally pull it off but the aircraft still tips forward and then tips back with a big thud
!!

I’m interested to know whether others find this (Instant Action) mission such a problem (for a pitch forward/prop strike) and if they don’t, is there a little trick that I’m missing?

Without more detail or video evidence it's going to be difficult to nail this one down; could be any number of issues, but primarily would look to this being either a controls binding issue (check your brakes aren't being activated by another input than that expected) or an issue on the map with some terrain bug.

On the latter what's your heading on landing? I've flown in and out of Detling numerous times without issue but that could be that I've not taxied over the area that's causing you issues.

I would go for brake binding.

I tried this mission and I've not flown the Spit for a very long time, but there was no problem with the ground surface and you get a small headwind (Rnwy 05), which will make it easier.

Landing, taxi and T/O was normal.

Check there is no pressure on the brake gauge, which will mean a Settings thing.

Post a track, if you're still having problems.

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

On 11/25/2021 at 3:26 PM, mungee said:

My problem is that in perhaps 90% of my landings the Spit’ rolls along nice and smoothly (after landing) and then pitches forward into the ground … with no braking on my part, and with my joystick pulled fully back (to keep its tail down).

This sounds like one of my " I'll find a nice flat green field to put her down in, wheels down and all that " and which usually ends up as described above. Lots of fun, eh.

Thanks, guys!

I checked it out this evening and I  noticed that the (instant) mission commences with the (airborne) Spit’  having its PARKING BRAKES ENGAGED!

No wonder I was tipping forward after landing!!

How silly was that?! 😂