What is Allowed and What is Not Allowed?

Mike Force Team

46 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

From what I read in ED, they do not like people discussing politics.  If someone asks for a DCS map for Taiwan and mainland China, ED is likely to say "not planned."  Ok on this subject.

What are some of the other "no-no" topics ED does not want people to discuss?

Penguins.

It always goes bad, not sure why.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

1 hour ago, WarbossPetross said:

The other simulators. Because competing on the free market is also a big no-no.

You can discuss and compare every simulation you like on a dozend games-themed forums. And DCS is obviously competing against similar games.

But this is a DCS-themed forum, provided by the people that make a living out of developing and selling DCS - what is so hard to understand about that?

• Like 7

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

2 hours ago, WarbossPetross said:

if I wanted to discuss other Sims,  I would do so on their own Forum 🙄

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

9 hours ago, Beirut said:

Penguins.

It always goes bad, not sure why.

Endless debate about unrealistic flight models I suspect.....

• Like 3

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

2 hours ago, Boosterdog said:

Endless debate about unrealistic flight models I suspect.....

Probably over-emphasized drag and underestimated thrust. I mean look at their underwater speed. It should be at least ten times that once airborne...no?

Edit: I think, we're violating the forums-rules here... 😬

"1.5 Any and all Off Topic posts will be deleted without notice. Posts should be on topic based on the thread title, and threads should on topic based on the Forum section they are posted in. Posts that are attempts to hijack, troll, or ask questions that have been answered already will also be considered OT and removed. Repeat offenders may receive warnings."

On the other hand, the OP was already answered by draconus:

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

25 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Probably over-emphasized drag and underestimated thrust.

...and thats how it starts. Flame war right there! Where is the data? And whats is based on? A King Penguin, a Northern Rockhopper, The African Penguin (I know, I didnt either)? And what about the different (ice) Blocks? 

If you can track down the NATOPS (Naval Air Training and Oh sooo cute Penguin Shenanigans) there is no reference to drag at all (surprising for a Naval publication I thought)  . All it says is "he's a really cute fella but cant absorb a .50cal for sh..) 

• Like 4

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Mentioning other, similar products can be very helpful when talking about strengths and weaknesses. A picture is worth a thousand words, so-to-say. So saying, I wish DCS offered the same ability to run missions like in such-n-such a game, without having to spell out each and every aspect of what on misses in DCS.

Simply throwing chides out like "product X is soOOoo much better than DCS 💩" is not actually comparing products. It's just expressing an opinion, regardless of how useless or unfactual it is.

ED doesn't allow the former to, IMHO, prevent the latter.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

20 minutes ago, Captain Orso said:

Mentioning other, similar products can be very helpful when talking about strengths and weaknesses. A picture is worth a thousand words, so-to-say. So saying, I wish DCS offered the same ability to run missions like in such-n-such a game, without having to spell out each and every aspect of what on misses in DCS.

Simply throwing chides out like "product X is soOOoo much better than DCS 💩" is not actually comparing products. It's just expressing an opinion, regardless of how useless or unfactual it is.

Anyway. ED has the domestic authority here, and those are their rules. IMHO it is a matter of like it or leave it, but pointless to argue over...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

From what I read in ED, they do not like people discussing politics.  If someone asks for a DCS map for Taiwan and mainland China, ED is likely to say "not planned."  Ok on this subject.

What are some of the other "no-no" topics ED does not want people to discuss?

It's all written down here:

6 hours ago, draconus said:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

7 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

The thing is, it wasn't always like this, there was a time we had a "other sims" subforum, but eventually it became grounds for stupid flame wars and shameless  advertising from other sims fanboys who would come here only to trash the then fairly new DCS, só eventually not discussing other sims became a rule and the forums became a little more friendly as a result

• Like 2

Yeah, that sounds like this community. Always a few loud, unruly types ruining it for everyone else. Always those same, dang idiots. My god, you could put them all in an elevator and shoot with a sawed-off and not hit a wrong one!! To quote Lewis Black, "Son-Of-A-B...." what? Okay Mom. K gotta go cu.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• ED Team

The rules are very clear and linked in the guidelines at the top of the forum. 

If you have a problem you can always PM myself or @NineLine

We get all types of personalities on this forum, but keep to the rules and keep it civil and there is no problem, most people get this.

A small number of people come to the forum or discord looking for trouble, and are shocked when they get moderated. 

With that said please remember

1.3 Administrative actions against forum members are not subject to public discussion. If you feel an action against you was unjust or otherwise inappropriate, please use the Private Messaging (PM) system to appeal the action to other forum staff members or the forum administrator.

Thanks
Bignewy
Associate producer / community manager / Cat herder 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Cat herder 😹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

• ED Team
On 11/23/2021 at 12:45 AM, WarbossPetross said:

Yeah super odd right, almost like this was a support forum for DCS World, and not a general flight sim forum... weird.

Anyways, I believe the OP has been answered. Closed.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png