11 minutes ago, Tempest7 said:

You find the default AWACS GCI (not Overlord) annoying if someone else is trying to GCI on the same frequency? Just want to confirm. 

Yes, extremely. Overall, I find it pretty annoying at all times, lol.

I'm sure I could just lower the volume or mute it somehow, but honestly, since I don't use it at all, it's kind of pointless.

As a Cold War newbie, there's enough noise between Overlord + players communicating + radar warning for me to sometimes get a bit overwhelmed without having AWACs GCI (not Overlord) talking.

So personally, I feel like it would be ideal to just lean into Overlord Channel, human GCI + player channel, and AWACS (DCS default) channel (mostly there as a legacy for those that don't want to use the Overlord bot).

Edited by Parabe11um

1 hour ago, m4ti140 said:

Didn't know Alpen owns the concept of roadbases. Or Cold War in general. Perhaps if his server was better moderated there wouldn't be such an outflow of players.

I didnt say he owns it. I gave one example to something he was the first to do and that it would be great if enigma would just do his thing of keeping things as simple as they are for newcomers to hang around and stop copying things like that from the other CW server and we only have 2 cW server. one is friendlier for beginners and one is not which is alpens. and now enigma talks about navigation and moving away from f10 map and slowly the server settings not the mission will be exactly like alpens and because hes the new guy with new server the hype is there. so in the end it will be just like alpens server but the mission is different and then we have one server when we could have 2 with different SETTINGS... Im talking about the setup of the mission. what s next enigma? limiting lives and weapons and adding more restrictions and single helipads and combined arms for dynamic and all that stuff?  that s what I mean by the setup of the mission and not the mission and objectives.... hope that makes clear what I meant by setting or setup.

enigma always says he wants something for the CW community but its obvious to me that he for whatever reason wants to take over. probably for a name in the game and fame and youtube shine. the community and even ED would profit more from having 2 active server than 1 replacing 1. maybe it feels good to take over I think it does to him and maybe to you because you seem to think alpenserver is not good moderated but thats your opinion

every time i talk about these things on discord enigma just go silent and never responds which makes me sure thats his plan.... and if its his no one can stop because everyone can start a server like bignewy said and we know that but its such shame to see that.....

2 servers!!!! very different setups!!!!!! and we have great CW club!!!!! or just 1 for one persons reasons and goals.... hope its not the second choice#

The ECW concept we put together has nothing in common with Alpen's server beyond the plane set and era represented. 

It was inspired by the FVP team in IL-2(and blessed by them as well), and has evolved into it's own  UNIQUE entity. The mission statement for the team is that we wanted to build a Dynamic Campaign engine and a PVP environment that was not focused on CTLD and the tropes that are very well established in the community around that (ala Blueflag, DDCS, and the former RSR server, which is where a lot of the staff came from). 

As such we are focused on our Dynamic Campaign engine, and enhancing that 24/7 server feel. We have 0 intention of doing the types of diverse mission rotation Alpen's server is known for, and as such do not see ourselves as competing with Alpen's server beyond the fact that we sometimes use some of the same planes (You'll see F-15s/16s and 18s appear on AW's server... you won't here... ever). 

Things that you won't see on ECW:

Limiting Lives 
CTLD/Slinging
Changing overall mission types (it will always be a dynamic campaign, we may expand the map borders in the future, but we won't do a mission rotation like alpen)
Controlling of vehicles (this will only change, and maybe at that, if we get improvements to the core DCS engine that won't bring frames to their knees)
and anything else I didn't mention outside the core tenets listed in the FAQ. 

This server is the brain child of myself and Enigma... not just him. It's being financed, by us (at a not insignificant loss still, but thank you all the Patreons for helping out!!) 
And it's being supported by a great team of developers some of which are new and some came from the old RSR project, but all have a passion for what we're doing here. 

Literally none of what you are saying is a fair characterization of Enigma, or the objective of this server, nor is it warranted. Even Alpen here on this thread has wished us well. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tempest7 said:

The ECW concept we put together has nothing in common with Alpen's server beyond the plane set and era represented. 

It was inspired by the FVP team in IL-2(and blessed by them as well), and has evolved into it's own  UNIQUE entity. The mission statement for the team is that we wanted to build a Dynamic Campaign engine and a PVP environment that was not focused on CTLD and the tropes that are very well established in the community around that (ala Blueflag, DDCS, and the former RSR server, which is where a lot of the staff came from). 

As such we are focused on our Dynamic Campaign engine, and enhancing that 24/7 server feel. We have 0 intention of doing the types of diverse mission rotation Alpen's server is known for, and as such do not see ourselves as competing with Alpen's server beyond the fact that we sometimes use some of the same planes (You'll see F-15s/16s and 18s appear on AW's server... you won't here... ever). 

Things that you won't see on ECW:

Limiting Lives 
CTLD/Slinging
Changing overall mission types (it will always be a dynamic campaign, we may expand the map borders in the future, but we won't do a mission rotation like alpen)
Controlling of vehicles (this will only change, and maybe at that, if we get improvements to the core DCS engine that won't bring frames to their knees)
and anything else I didn't mention outside the core tenets listed in the FAQ. 

This server is the brain child of myself and Enigma... not just him. It's being financed, by us (at a not insignificant loss still, but thank you all the Patreons for helping out!!) 
And it's being supported by a great team of developers some of which are new and some came from the old RSR project, but all have a passion for what we're doing here. 

Literally none of what you are saying is a fair characterization of Enigma, or the objective of this server, nor is it warranted. Even Alpen here on this thread has wished us well. 

ok sounds good....

i don know if you fly on alpens much but F15s and 16s etc are actualy some special events on different forums because i fly on them and know that.... just wanted to inform you#

"Alpen here on this thread has wished us well." I know man but i was talking about my concerns because alpy always dismiss me when i tried to talk about it with him

I can be hard on people sometimes 😉

I tried to play on AW's server, Enigma turned me on to it, and I'm showcased as his wingman in a few Mig19 films. 

This is what got me in love with a Dynamic CW campaign idea (that and bringing FVP to DCS)

But AW's server is usually empty during my TZ when I can get on. I only rarely can find times where I can join in on the fun because the mission rotates around 5pm EST and after that the population evaporates. 

I like what AW has, the different scenarios, special missions, different maps. Depending on the day/time and rotation you get something different. 

Me in AW's server learning the mig21: 
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1186738966

ECW isn't going to try to replicate that experience. We want consistency. You log in, you see where the front is, you go and try to win the war for your team. 
You log in the next day, see how the map progressed while you slept and you go at it again!

We want our players to be involved in the mission over the span of WEEKS not hours. So I feel there's room for both to exist.  

Edited by Tempest7
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Parabe11um said:

Yes, extremely. Overall, I find it pretty annoying at all times, lol.

I'm sure I could just lower the volume or mute it somehow, but honestly, since I don't use it at all, it's kind of pointless.

As a Cold War newbie, there's enough noise between Overlord + players communicating + radar warning for me to sometimes get a bit overwhelmed without having AWACs GCI (not Overlord) talking.

So personally, I feel like it would be ideal to just lean into Overlord Channel, human GCI + player channel, and AWACS (DCS default) channel (mostly there as a legacy for those that don't want to use the Overlord bot).

We will probably move it over then

Edited by Enigma89

Patch applied to server as of yesterday:

V58 Open Beta Patch, this will be reflected in next reset.
- No parking zones added to roadbases both sides to highlight new spawn areas (tires with red flags)
- FARPs marked on F10 with a circle surrounded by X's; both sides and only visible for your own side.
- Mig19 RWRs added for missing planes
- Seawise giant renamed to be part of industrial target calculations
- Some planes that were not able to arm at road bases have been fixed (Let us know if you find any that can't arm, please include a name of the slot and road base #)
- Mission briefing updated to reflect heli common on 30.00FM (FAQ Updated)

New Radio Channels:
Radio Frequencies REDFOR:
1) 124.00 - DCS AWACS
2) 126.00 - Overlord Bot [Overlord ignores helos]
3) 128.00 - ATC
4) 130 - Human GCI (Common Side Chat)
5) 132 - Secondary Overlord Channel 
Helicopter Common: 30.00FM
Mig-15 @ 4.95 Frequency

Radio Frequencies BLUFOR:
1) 251 - DCS AWACS
2) 253 - Overlord Bot [Overlord ignores helos]
3) 255 - ATC
4) 257 - Human GCI (Common Side Chat)
5) 259 - Secondary Overlord Channel
Helicopter Common: 30.00FM

• Like 1

From Enigma: 

"The Red Team has won Campaign #1. Congratulations to the Red Side. The campaign has been reset back to the neutral starting position, so welcome to Campaign #2.

Please remember that the forward airfields are closed except for A-10s and Su-25s until the frontline moves one sector Road bases are open but require a 4 sector buffer except for A-10s. If you go through slots quickly you may run into a bug where you are blocked from slots, just reconnect. We plan to rebuild the slot blocker code in the near future. 

The Road Base number says what sector is required by that side to be open - we will make the naming convention more intuitive in the future. Tsbilisi and Sochi are the airfields that have everything but require longer flight times. If you wish to fly short distances, then you want to take a road base. You can always land and re-arm at road bases. Please be patient as people re-lift as the slot blocker gets a bit funky when everyone hits it at once.

Thank you for making Campaign #1 very memorable, we look forward to more campaigns"

From me:  thank you so much for those who participated in Campaign 1, it was one helluva ride. We are honored at the response we got from the community and we are looking forward to continue to improve the campaign by adding new features and bettering performance overall. 

Thanks again so much for being a part of this new DCS Multiplayer Journey! 

Good Hunting out there! 

Edited by Tempest7
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to the server admins/coders/staff for a great first campaign!

I remain continually impressed with the progress made to add features and fix any issues encountered. It's also ridiculously impressive how stable things have run given that this was your first hosted campaign.

I pretty much flew Blue the entire time (<3 Viggen), but despite losing I had an amazing time (probably some of the closet experiences I've had and been chasing since the days of WW2OL). The last couple of days of battling were extremely intense and in some ways I almost wish it never would have ended.

It's been great to link up with people on the server for CAP and strike sorties and overall I'm really excited to see this server and dynamic campaign community grow (especially in terms of figuring out tactics to employ).

Finally, as a newbie to DCS (I think this is about my second week of actual MP playtime outside of random WW2 sorties), I felt like this server was challenging, but manageable (so I would encourage anyone else sitting on the fence you just join and don't be afraid to ask some of the veteran DCS CW players questions, I certainly did, lol).

Signed,

Bear 1-1 | Bamse

Edited by Parabe11um

We recently found this server and are enjoing this very much. Thank you!

A small tibit you might want to consider. I assume the Viggen is intended to represent a Cold War era AJ 37 (the AJS 37 modification is from the 90s). In this case, Rb24/Rb24J Sidewinders should be restricted to the two fuselage pylons. The AJ 37 was not wired to carry Sidewinders on the 4 wing pylons.

18 hours ago, MBot said:

We recently found this server and are enjoing this very much. Thank you!

A small tibit you might want to consider. I assume the Viggen is intended to represent a Cold War era AJ 37 (the AJS 37 modification is from the 90s). In this case, Rb24/Rb24J Sidewinders should be restricted to the two fuselage pylons. The AJ 37 was not wired to carry Sidewinders on the 4 wing pylons.

We are working within the confines of what is modeled in DCS and not represented from the real world. We are prioritizing balance/parity between the both sides as more cold war planes enter playable status. The Mig-21 can carry 6 missiles. This is a lot in comparison to the F-5 and if we restricted the Viggen to 2 missiles only then this would cause quite an imbalance.

Edited by Enigma89
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bolt1 said:

Please don’t spade and neuter the plane loadouts like the “other” server , that got to be annoying. 

I agree and told him that but I think some of alpen community push enigma to give them same setup thats why you see road bases... thats why you see him adding human gci and now this and more in the future......

2 different servers setups is the best thing for the community but he doesnt listen. Tempest said they dont want to use things like alpy but tempest is tempest and enigma does what enigma wants for some _____ reasons

and the guys from alpen server should stop pushing for that before we have 2 alpen servers but different missions

if you like alpens hardcore and limited stuff go there. if you want something different and most dont like hardcore and restriction so go to enigma. wouldnt that be great?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bolt1 said:

Please don’t spade and neuter the plane loadouts like the “other” server , that got to be annoying. 

Which neutering of plane load outs do you mean exactly. Any weapon in particular?