Enigma's Dynamic Cold War Campaign PVP/PVE Server
The purpose of this server is to provide a dynamic campaign server that is set in the cold war that is accessible and avoids frustrating mechanics. The focus is air to air and air to ground activities. Some highlights:

-PVP/PVE with a dynamic frontline that moves in real time and does not require a server reset for it to move.

-Overlord GCI Bot

-Curated Equipment set in Early-to-Mid Cold War

-All WVR Fighting no FOX-3 missiles and a focus on iron bombs and unguided rockets with some air-to-surface missiles.

-There will be an abundant of helicopter missions that do not focus around slinging but are more about having an impact on the frontline.

-There will be strategic targets that impact the frontline movement. There are AI bomber flights too.

Map Area:

0bin0nplky081.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s

nullSyria_final2.png

Enigmas_Cold_War__Caucasus_New_Map.jpg

null

Trailer

Guide Explaining how to Play

How to Use Overlord

This server community is mostly Discord based. I do not check the forums daily

https://discord.gg/3ZMttnKmkh

FAQ

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1I-aD-s3zoEpV4gGu7QIrEdywkpklfT40te-mYlX3zk8/edit?usp=sharing

We consider ourselves in open beta. We are not at v1.0 yet. This outlines the current priorities:

-Adding more helicopter missions

-Player Stats / Campaign Point Restrictions

How can you support the server?
Please check out our Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/enigma89

Edited by Enigma89
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Server's a blast, finally a good place to duke it out in my F-5

• Like 1

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As a complete neophyte to DCS and especially Cold War jets, I've really enjoyed playing on the server.

Dynamic PVP campaigns offer a lot of cool incentive  to try to move the map.

I've been impressed with how relatively smooth the server launch has been and the US time zone population has been really good (managed to have good sorties even at odd hours).

Hope to see more good stuff on the server and in terms of development!

19 minutes ago, Snappy said:

I read the FAQ for the server.  Do I understand it correctly that the only task for Helicopters  for now  is simply relegated to flying to the front and attacking ground targets there?

Regards,

Snappy

As of right now helicopters are only tasked with attacking the front. We have some large plans for helicopters that will not require engaging the enemy but will have an impact on the front line.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Enigma89 said:

As of right now helicopters are only tasked with attacking the front. We have some large plans for helicopters that will not require engaging the enemy but will have an impact on the front line.

Hi Enigma,

thank you for your quick reply.Ok, understand, looking forward to other and more diverse Helicopter missions on the server then.

Regards,

Snappy

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Enigma89:

Server patch being applied today or tomorrow with a lot of changes

again a very thought through concept and an iterative approach - for a Cold War setting on top!
Also a surprising performance to this point for the population ratio of the conflict zone.

But a question remains: 
Why the magic GPS marker?
avigation via TACAN, ARC, RSBN, terrestrial is an important part of the gameplay and interaction loop that also contributes to pacing and character of PvA interactions and players themselves.
It also - longterm - defines the likeliness of SRS teamwork and GCI interaction (Overlord or human).

The magic self-omniscient GPS marker on the F-10 map thus seems like an odd concept fissure.. even somewhat detracting or dragging the experience seemingly sought off in the wrong direction a little bit.

Unless this is a conscious choice for popularity, which is absolutely viable and feasible - but a little off-pitch with the experience-outline.

Edited by rogorogo
sigh, can I currently not have a typo-tsunami at least sometimes...
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, rogorogo said:

again a very thought through concept and an iterative approach - for a Cold War setting on top!
Also a surprising performance to this point for the population ratio of the conflict zone.

But a question remains: 
avigation via TACAN, ARC, RSBN, terrestrial is an important part of the gameplay and interaction loop that also contributes to pacing and character of PvA interactions and players themselves.
It also - longterm - defines the likeliness of SRS teamwork and GCI interaction (Overlord or human).

The magic self-omniscient GPS marker on the F-10 map thus seems like an odd concept fissure.. even somewhat detracting or dragging the experience seemingly sought off in the wrong direction a little bit.

Unless this is a conscious choice for popularity, which is absolutely viable and feasible - but a little off-pitch with the experience-outline.

Most players in DCS fly the modern day stuff. We wanted to make this for server for broad interest and to make sure that the server was full and that the dynamic campaign was 24/7. This is why we have F10 markers, to make the barrier of entry lower.

• Like 3

• ED Team

Anyone can create and run a server if they wish to. Please keep multiplayer disputes off the forum. 

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 11/26/2021 at 11:17 AM, LoneS said:

ok you asked for wha we think about these changes:

do your own thing and stop copying elements like the road bases which look almost the same as on alpy server..... I already told you about other things.

and since youre excited about having the numbers keep things as simple and arcady as they are. that attracts more players who just wants to play and like i told you you will have a name in the game and lots of fame. your youtube channel grows and youre the king 😉

love you

On 11/26/2021 at 11:34 AM, rogorogo said:

But a question remains: 

This is a game noting more, if this bring more casual or new players perfect. There is plenty of other servers to choose from. How lucky we are to have dedicated people that take time to built those so us the armchair Air Force pilots can enjoy.

• Like 3

Our team as put in countless hours, and poured in many dollars to make this campaign work and host it. 

And the community response has been fantastic. (barring some obvious malcontents and trolls) 

For right now our mentality is to cast the widest net possible, and keep the barrier to entry low.

We were honestly not expecting the level of population we got consistently throughout the week while we were still in our Beta phase. 

Once we complete our initiatives for our vs 1.0 features and get completely out of beta, we will look at adding enhancements to the campaign. That may come in the form of adding difficulty (re navigation) or balance changes, new weapons, etc... 

But right now as we've said on our discord we want to make sure "vanilla tastes good" before we add new flavors. 

The development team is very active on the discord, so if you guys are interested in adding suggestions or feedback, please don't hesitate to contact us there. 

Also thanks again for all the help and support from the community, ED, and the rest of the publishers and admins that have helped us make this campaign a reality. 

Good hunting out there everyone! 

• Like 4

• ED Team
On 11/26/2021 at 5:17 PM, LoneS said:

ok you asked for wha we think about these changes:

do your own thing and stop copying elements like the road bases which look almost the same as on alpy server..... I already told you about other things.

and since youre excited about having the numbers keep things as simple and arcady as they are. that attracts more players who just wants to play and like i told you you will have a name in the game and lots of fame. your youtube channel grows and youre the king 😉

love you

Didn't know Alpen owns the concept of roadbases. Or Cold War in general. Perhaps if his server was better moderated there wouldn't be such an outflow of players.

Edited by m4ti140

11 minutes ago, Enigma89 said:

If players have thoughts of splitting up default AWACS GCI and player GCI let us know. We are considering splitting up the channels.

I think it could be pretty useful to split them up, listening to the default AWACS GCI is a bit annoying as I prefer to use the Overlord Bot (goodbye dollars), but I have really enjoyed working with a player GCI when they pop in. Similarly, I like using a channel to talk to other players, but right now that channel is also the default AWACS GCI channel (which I don't use and mostly try to ignore).

11 minutes ago, Tempest7 said:

You find the default AWACS GCI (not Overlord) annoying if someone else is trying to GCI on the same frequency? Just want to confirm. 

Yes, extremely. Overall, I find it pretty annoying at all times, lol.

I'm sure I could just lower the volume or mute it somehow, but honestly, since I don't use it at all, it's kind of pointless.

As a Cold War newbie, there's enough noise between Overlord + players communicating + radar warning for me to sometimes get a bit overwhelmed without having AWACs GCI (not Overlord) talking.

So personally, I feel like it would be ideal to just lean into Overlord Channel, human GCI + player channel, and AWACS (DCS default) channel (mostly there as a legacy for those that don't want to use the Overlord bot).

Edited by Parabe11um

The ECW concept we put together has nothing in common with Alpen's server beyond the plane set and era represented. 

It was inspired by the FVP team in IL-2(and blessed by them as well), and has evolved into it's own  UNIQUE entity. The mission statement for the team is that we wanted to build a Dynamic Campaign engine and a PVP environment that was not focused on CTLD and the tropes that are very well established in the community around that (ala Blueflag, DDCS, and the former RSR server, which is where a lot of the staff came from). 

As such we are focused on our Dynamic Campaign engine, and enhancing that 24/7 server feel. We have 0 intention of doing the types of diverse mission rotation Alpen's server is known for, and as such do not see ourselves as competing with Alpen's server beyond the fact that we sometimes use some of the same planes (You'll see F-15s/16s and 18s appear on AW's server... you won't here... ever). 

Things that you won't see on ECW:

Limiting Lives 
CTLD/Slinging
Changing overall mission types (it will always be a dynamic campaign, we may expand the map borders in the future, but we won't do a mission rotation like alpen)
Controlling of vehicles (this will only change, and maybe at that, if we get improvements to the core DCS engine that won't bring frames to their knees)
and anything else I didn't mention outside the core tenets listed in the FAQ. 

This server is the brain child of myself and Enigma... not just him. It's being financed, by us (at a not insignificant loss still, but thank you all the Patreons for helping out!!) 
And it's being supported by a great team of developers some of which are new and some came from the old RSR project, but all have a passion for what we're doing here. 

Literally none of what you are saying is a fair characterization of Enigma, or the objective of this server, nor is it warranted. Even Alpen here on this thread has wished us well. 

• Like 3