Does Virpil do black friday?

2 hours ago, TellerJohn said:

I have the Winwing Collective and Virpil HOTAS...after extensive use of both I can confidently say that Winwing is as good or superior in build quality, software and shipping times. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks, yeah I am re-looking at the winwing products. I really want to change the TM warthog stick base, so I was thinking warbrd, but the Orion stick and base is not much more.... 

I was wondering the same thing about a Virpil Black Friday sale. I have the Mongoos Stick paired with a Warthog throttle, and while the Warthog is not giving me any problems, I'd really like to upgrade to the Virpil throttle. Keeping an eye out for a sale.

The Winwing throttle looks tempting, especially at the sale price, but the throttle QC complaints in the Winwing forum makes me leery. I know the quality of Virpil.

8 hours ago, Hoirtel said:

Thanks, yeah I am re-looking at the winwing products. I really want to change the TM warthog stick base, so I was thinking warbrd, but the Orion stick and base is not much more.... 

This would hurt your wallet, but I use the WarBRD base with my TM F-18 stick (did that first) and went for the Orion throttle later when it came out.  I tried out the Winwing stick (if only to make sure it worked) and I much prefer my WarBRD over the Winwing.  But I do love my Orion throttle.  Yes there are a couple of QC complaints on in the Winwing subforum, but not many, and every product is going to have some.

15 hours ago, Auger said:

I was wondering the same thing about a Virpil Black Friday sale. I have the Mongoos Stick paired with a Warthog throttle, and while the Warthog is not giving me any problems, I'd really like to upgrade to the Virpil throttle. Keeping an eye out for a sale.

The Winwing throttle looks tempting, especially at the sale price, but the throttle QC complaints in the Winwing forum makes me leery. I know the quality of Virpil.

The Virpil CM3 Throttle is pretty dang sweet.

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Doesn't Winwing have software that you have to run with it - that "phones home" each time you use it too?

The Virpil and VKB software I've used just writes to the devices, and then doesn't need to be used again, or even loaded into memory. Have Winwing changed the way they do things to be the same too, or do you still need to run their software to use their products?

Virpil HOTAS hasn't let me down one little bit and is solid as. I'd love to see what the Winwing collective is like if it's supposed to be a superior build!

18 minutes ago, Dangerzone said:

Doesn't Winwing have software that you have to run with it - that "phones home" each time you use it too?

The Virpil and VKB software I've used just writes to the devices, and then doesn't need to be used again, or even loaded into memory. Have Winwing changed the way they do things to be the same too, or do you still need to run their software to use their products?

Virpil HOTAS hasn't let me down one little bit and is solid as. I'd love to see what the Winwing collective is like if it's supposed to be a superior build!

You don't need to run the software to use winwing hardware.

It also doesn't seem to phone home apart from checking for updates. It doesn't really seem like winwing is a PLA front.

Edited by FoxTwo

25 minutes ago, FoxTwo said:

You don't need to run the software to use winwing hardware.

It also doesn't seem to phone home apart from checking for updates. It doesn't really seem like winwing is a PLA front.

Thanks for the clarification. I was sure I read somewhere that some people had disabled it using firewalls because when ran it automatically looked for updates each session and would automatically apply if found and had caused some people issues. My memory may not be what it used to be - so thanks for confirming. Good to know that the software (either way) isn't required to use the controls after initial programming. Thanks

Edited by Dangerzone

1 hour ago, Dangerzone said:

Thanks for the clarification. I was sure I read somewhere that some people had disabled it using firewalls because when ran it automatically looked for updates each session and would automatically apply if found and had caused some people issues. My memory may not be what it used to be - so thanks for confirming. Good to know that the software (either way) isn't required to use the controls after initial programming. Thanks

To further clarify: you don't NEED to run it all the time (I don't), but you do need to run it if you want the A-A and A-G mode lights to sync with the game (ie light up when lit in the cockpit).  There is a framerate hit for using it that for me isn't worth it.  All other functions work fine without running it.

• Thanks 1