Conflict in Export.lua - WWT and DCS-Exports

ESzczesniak

I am hoping that someone here with more knowledge than I could help me reconcile these two scripts.  I have the Winwing Combat and Takeoff panels, as well as a StreamDeckXL.  Each of these relies on a script to display the output.  This means the lights on the Winwing combat panel, and gauge output displayed on Streamdeck--primarily UFC data fields for me.

The following is my Export.lua contents:

-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])
local wwtlfs=require('lfs')
dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')

If I repair the lua in the Simapp, then add the DCS exports ABOVE the wwtexport, I got things to work for one flight.  But then somewhere through running DCS or more likely the SimApp, I ended with an LUA that looks like this:

-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])

Now, at this point even if I delete the extra wwtexport added, the winwing panel lights don't work.  The Streamdeck has always worked as long as the DCS-Export script is anywhere.  But the only way I can consistent get the Winwing panel lights to work is repairing the LUA and adding nothing back. 

Any suggestions to what I can do to get these two to play along nicely?  My serious DCS simming is in VR, but I'd still like to have the lights if at all possible.  A lot of my "academic" trial and error (i.e. learning new systems) I do in 2D where it's easier to read all the gauges. 

Edited by ESzczesniak

Forgive me if you are already aware of this; but SimApp Pro checks and re-writes your EXPORT.LUA file every time you start it (like probably every time you turn on the PC).

So whatever manual edits you make are probably being undone by SimApp Pro.

How do you stop that from happening?  You have to check the box under the FIX LUA button that says:

close export.JPG

bahog2trn.gif
VFA-41 Black Aces
www.vfa-41.com