DCS Viggen bugged AI behavior with Bk90 in Mission Editor

Quip

This video shows a problem I have run across with the Viggen. The way the AI will behave changes completely based on where the waypoints are on the map. There's no way for me to create a mission if I can't rely on the AI behaving somewhat predictably. Hope someone has an explanation and solution for this odd behavior.

@IronMike

https://youtu.be/nF3eQTVPAC4

Edited by Quip

ADDENDUM

The problem seems to be linked to the altitude of the target (area). Above a certain altitude, the AI will not attack, even if the terrain is perfectly flat. Let's agree that a lake is perfectly flat.

1. In the first image, the lake is at 2077 m, and the AI will not attack
  2. In the second image, the lake is at 2077 m, and the AI will not attack
  3. In the third, the lake is at 1078, and the AI attacks as expected

I have tried many more altitudes, and 1462 m doesn't work.

It seems to be tied to altitude somehow. But it's all very random. It may be linked to the altitude at which the AI is looking to drop the Bk90's.

• As the area nears 1200 or 1300 meters, the AI starts behaving erratically. In the 1148 meter test, over a lake (img 4), the attack is done very late, like under 2 km range, as opposed to the normal 7 or 8 km over flat terrain.
  • Sometimes, the AI won't drop both Bk90's (which it's set to in the mission).

Heatblur should look into this.

bk90-2077.jpg

bk90-1669.jpg

bk90-1078.jpg

bk90-1148.jpg

Please post the mission file. 
I've been working with AI BK90 Ground Attack on NTTR and have seen some weird behavior that goes away with adjustment in AI altitude AGL and release point distance to target.

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

On 11/22/2021 at 3:08 PM, SGT Coyle said:

Please post the mission file. 
I've been working with AI BK90 Ground Attack on NTTR and have seen some weird behavior that goes away with adjustment in AI altitude AGL and release point distance to target.

It's not like this mission is difficult to recreate. You see everything needed in the youtube clip too.
But here:

Bk90 test.miz