New DCS PC

Shack

Im in the market for a new customized Gaming Desktop.  Any manufacturers to stay away from ?  I've bought an Area 51 from Alienware (Dell) and wasnt too impressed ... 

thanks for the input ! george c scott salute GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Edited by Shack

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Build yourself, there are a lot of video on youtube, Imho learning a module like A10c is much more complicated.

It's cheaper and you can choose the right parts.

If your budget is not so High I will suggest a MB like MSI Tomahawk B450 Max ( old but one of the best one) AMD Ryzen 5600X (when Vulkan will be on this cpu will be more than enough) 32 GB af the fastest ram you can find, an HDD m.2 PCIex... And now the hard part, GPU maybe a 3080 or 3090 if you can find at human prices. I have a 3070 and play VR with a reverb G2 without problems....

• Thanks 1

Definitely build yourself. I was in the same situation a while back and bought a prebuilt. Ended up realizing fairly quickly i had over paid for what it was and it didn’t completely suit my needs. I had absolutely zero clue about anything to do with pc, pc hardware or how to build one. 

Long story short, i did a small bit of research and ordered all the bits, which is not very much, and got exactly what i needed, It was not a difficult job at all. Since then i have built another pc and helped a completely clueless friend now also build one. I would recommend prioritizing the GPU in the budget. Then get the best CPU and MOBO you can with the rest. If you are using it for dcs and even considering vr then you want a 3080 or 6900xt. 

Assembling everything is a couple hours work. Lots of good YouTube videos.

• Thanks 1

There is no way I can build what I want  (RTX 3090  GPU)  at a reasonable cost right now with the lack of 3090's on the market. 

Edited by Shack
  • Like 1

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you’ve got the budget to buy new, go Falcon Northwest. 

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

It’s almost impossible to get a gpu these days. I’m not a pc builder but one day I’ll give it a go if the gpu market gets better. I have a Alienware R11 with the 3090 and it runs DCS and my G2 like a champ but yeah it’s loud but I don’t hear it. It was the only way for my impatient a$$ to get a 3090 at the time. Alienware has a new model R13 if things get to where you can’t get a decent gpu. Hopefully some time next year I will build my first rig I’m really wanting too now that I have learned a few things getting into the first pc gaming world at an old age. 

Edited by Burt

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

1 hour ago, Burt said:

It’s almost impossible to get a gpu these days. I’m not a pc builder but one day I’ll give it a go if the gpu market gets better. I have a Alienware R11 with the 3090 and it runs DCS and my G2 like a champ but yeah it’s loud but I don’t hear it. It was the only way for my impatient a$$ to get a 3090 at the time. Alienware has a new model R13 if things get to where you can’t get a decent gpu. Hopefully some time next year I will build my first rig I’m really wanting too now that I have learned a few things getting into the first pc gaming world at an old age. 

You already have a 3090 and a 1090k with good 64GB Ram, why would you want to build a fresh new system?

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Well it’s just on my bucket list. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Passmark is your friend:

#2 single thread CPU https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i9-12900K&id=4597

#1 video card:  https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+RTX+3080+Ti&id=4409

#5 ssd (that can be bought):  https://www.harddrivebenchmark.net/hdd.php?hdd=WD BLACK SN850 2TB&id=27349

Get a suitable Asus motherboard to accommodate your CPU (newest) and sit back and enjoy DCS...it will eat any hardware you can afford to use.  Those three components are the core of the build.  Spend there and don't waste the bread on any of that other BS like cases...get a good PSU and ram, of course.

I've been building my own pc's since 1990.  I'd never buy a box one and waste the money.  Nowadays they are stupid-easy to build. 

Edited by DerekSpeare
  • Like 2

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE