Jump to content

MGRS Coordinates not saving


FoxOne007
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Tholozor,

Recommended Posts

As per title,
When you put in all the MGRS Grid info into any of the STPT's (20-24) and then back out to the CNI pages or go back to LAT/LONG it doesn't save, it also doesn't create an actual STPT on the HSD to navigate to

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

After you input the MGRS data, dobber down until CNVRT is highlighted, then ENT to convert and accept the changed coordinates. Also, MGRS steerpoints are 21 through 25.


Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tholozor said:

After you input the MGRS data, dobber down until CNVRT is highlighted, then ENT to convert and accept the changed coordinates. Also, MGRS steerpoints are 21 through 25.

 

Ah didn’t know that about the CNVRT, couldn’t figure out how to get the dobber there. Thanks!


Edited by FoxOne007

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

- Select one of the MGRS steerpoints (21 through 25).
- Convert it to MGRS with dobber SEQ.
- Dobber down to GRID, enter the 2-digit grid zone designator, then ENT.
- The GZD alpha character will then be selected, press ENT, then use the Increment/Decrement switch to select the letter, then press ENT.
- The 2-letter SQUARE will then be selected, press ENT, then use the Increment/Decrement switch to select the first letter, press ENT, select the second, then ENT.
- Enter the 10-digit EAST/NORTH grid, then ENT.
- Dobber down to ELEV, enter the elevation, then ENT.
- Dobber down to CNVRT, then ENT.
- Dobber SEQ to return to LAT/LNG.


Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tholozor said:

- Select one of the MGRS steerpoints (21 through 25).
- Convert it to MGRS with dobber SEQ.
- Dobber down to GRID, enter the 2-digit grid zone designator, then ENT.
- The GZD alpha character will then be selected, press ENT, then use the Increment/Decrement switch to select the letter, then press ENT.
- The 2-letter SQUARE will then be selected, press ENT, then use the Increment/Decrement switch to select the first letter, press ENT, select the second, then ENT.
- Enter the 10-digit EAST/NORTH grid, then ENT.
- Dobber down to ELEV, enter the elevation, then ENT.
- Dobber down to CNVRT, then ENT.
- Dobber SEQ to return to LAT/LNG.

Didn't know that, thanks!

It's not the most straight forward way to enter MGRS coords, but I'm glad it's possible at all.
It's obvious that this feature wasn't envisioned when the real F-16 was developed :biggrin:


Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

 

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

 

Tornado3 small.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Tholozor said:

- Select one of the MGRS steerpoints (21 through 25).
- Convert it to MGRS with dobber SEQ.
- Dobber down to GRID, enter the 2-digit grid zone designator, then ENT.
- The GZD alpha character will then be selected, press ENT, then use the Increment/Decrement switch to select the letter, then press ENT.
- The 2-letter SQUARE will then be selected, press ENT, then use the Increment/Decrement switch to select the first letter, press ENT, select the second, then ENT.
- Enter the 10-digit EAST/NORTH grid, then ENT.
- Dobber down to ELEV, enter the elevation, then ENT.
- Dobber down to CNVRT, then ENT.
- Dobber SEQ to return to LAT/LNG.

 

thx   solved  that small issue  but its a long  way of  doing  it 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to follow  up on this  i got it  mastered  by  using  the  map  to get  the  grid  cord's but  when i  use  my  Jtac in  a mission i made  it  only  gives   6  numbers  etc  CN327281    where it  missing  the  2  digit grid  zone  and   letter  and  missing   4  numbers  at the  end?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The JTAC function can only currently give the SQUARE and a 6-digit grid. In your example the 10-digit would be CN 327xx/281xx, and the missing digits could be anything, it's only to get you in the general area for further talk-on. The JTAC function doesn't give the GZD because it's assumed the pilot already knows it. The CN grid in any adjacent GZD would be incredibly far away, and would be quite apparent if the wrong GZD was input.


Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

The JTAC function can only currently give the SQUARE and a 6-digit grid. In your example the 10-digit would be CN 327xx/281xx, and the missing digits could be anything, it's only to get you in the general area for further talk-on. The JTAC function doesn't give the GZD because it's assumed the pilot already knows it. The CN grid in any adjacent GZD would be incredibly far away, and would be quite apparent if the wrong GZD was input.

 

thx  again, got it  to work thx  for  all  you  input  to the  community


Edited by pete_auau
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2021 at 6:01 AM, Tholozor said:

- Dobber down to CNVRT, then ENT.

Hmm, just tried that, but I can't dobber down to CNVRT. When I'm on ELEV and dobber down it jumps back up to the steerpoint number :huh:

Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

 

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

 

Tornado3 small.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Hmm, just tried that, but I can't dobber down to CNVRT. When I'm on ELEV and dobber down it jumps back up to the steerpoint number :huh:

Just to confirm you did enter all details? Cuz when everything is filled out correctly dobbering down past ELEVZ does put it on the CNVRT for me

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, FoxOne007 said:

Just to confirm you did enter all details? Cuz when everything is filled out correctly dobbering down past ELEVZ does put it on the CNVRT for me

Not sure if this us a bug or not, but being able to select CNVRT seems to be reliant on any data aside from elevation be altered in order to convert. I'll check it later, but at the moment the post above seems to be the current behavior.


Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

Not sure if this us a bug or not, but being able to select CNVRT seems to be reliant on any data aside from elevation be altered in order to convert. I'll check it later, but at the moment the post above seems to be the current behavior.

 

I might be confused, but for me it worked fine putting in the MGRS stuff into a blank steerpoint

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tholozor said:

Not sure if this us a bug or not, but being able to select CNVRT seems to be reliant on any data aside from elevation be altered in order to convert. I'll check it later, but at the moment the post above seems to be the current behavior.

 

I converted once and then was unable to convert again until I changed the data to be converted. I.e. it won't let you try to convert the same problem twice in a row.

Does anyone know what highlighting reverse video CNVRT does? I get no conversion simply MSEL highlighting it. If I only ENTR without highlight I get sent to some reset menu. Only when I both highlight it and then UFC ENTR do I get actual MGRS-to-LL conversion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2021 at 10:41 PM, FoxOne007 said:

Just to confirm you did enter all details? Cuz when everything is filled out correctly dobbering down past ELEVZ does put it on the CNVRT for me

On 11/23/2021 at 11:26 PM, Tholozor said:

Not sure if this us a bug or not, but being able to select CNVRT seems to be reliant on any data aside from elevation be altered in order to convert. I'll check it later, but at the moment the post above seems to be the current behavior.

I guess this was the issue then, because I did not modify the master grid as it was already correct and I had no need to change it.
I can't belive that this is intended behaviour though. :huh:

Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

 

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

 

Tornado3 small.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, QuiGon said:

I guess this was the issue then, because I did not modify the master grid as it was already correct and I had no need to change it.
I can't belive that this is intended behaviour though. :huh:

Hey @BIGNEWYcan you confirm wether the above is correct behavior or a bug?

  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not sure if it is a bug or not, I have always edited each line, even if it was the same before editing. I will ask

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2021 at 1:13 AM, Frederf said:

I converted once and then was unable to convert again until I changed the data to be converted. I.e. it won't let you try to convert the same problem twice in a row.

Does anyone know what highlighting reverse video CNVRT does? I get no conversion simply MSEL highlighting it. If I only ENTR without highlight I get sent to some reset menu. Only when I both highlight it and then UFC ENTR do I get actual MGRS-to-LL conversion.

Now I'm more confused, why do you need the convert the same "problem" twice. you only need to convert it once then you can just back out. you don't even need to jump to the MGRS page to change Elevation. Also changing Elevation doesn't require the GRID to be converted again

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...