Launch Bar Retract and Extend Mapings

I have the Winwing Take Off panel and until the last update in open beta (2021/11/18) the Launch Bar Retract and Extend switch (on-on) worked perfectly.

However after today's update the toggle switched stopped working and both the Launch Bar Retract and Launch Bar Extend Mappings are gone out of the adjust controls setting page for the F/A-18. The only mapping is the Launch Bar Retract/Extend button toggle. 

Also Hook Bypass Field/Carrier is now mapped as a button toggle rather than a switch like the OLD Launch bar was. Would be nice if you added the Field and Carrier switch like the F-14 has.

This breaks functionality of the Take off panel.

You guys think you can stop mucking stuff up ... their was no purpose in doing away with the switch and leave just a toggle button for mapping.

I hope this doesn't turn out like the P-51 TF-51 Air Intake and Canopy Controls that ED broke back in 2.7 which still have not been fixed. 

STOP MUCKING WITH THE CONTROL BINDINGS! THERE IS NO POINT TO IT!

People spend a lot of time and money building custom controllers or just spend a Lot of money to purchased expensive controllers just to have Eagle Dynamics break functionality with an update. It doesn't help that ED take FOREVER to fix their mistakes ... the P51 still isn't fixed and it's been 8 months now!

• Like 1

Yesterday's update concerned only Open Beta. Open Beta is what the name says: a Beta version which is by definition for user testing of new or changed functionality, and therefore has a probability that these kinds of glitches will happen. You reported it and that's good.
It would be even better without statements like "STOP MUCKING ..." which are generally not helpful.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

The fact is ED sucks in controls configuration. Same plane can have some switche RMB up, other LMB up. Some switches are on/off, soma have "special" option, some don't. Some have sepparat up and down key presses. It is important issue making configuration harder and the worst thing is that fixing that is literally 20-30 mins for a plane. A-10C had fixed lue file in user files to download. There are tutorials on forum how to change/add/fix entries in lua files configuring cockpit switches. It's really easy, but for months, if not more, ED refuse to correct that.

Hook bypass and Launch bar for Hornet are just examples of such behavior.

@Major_Mayhemhere you have my corrected lua file with added separate actions for both these switches.
Replace file in game folder (NOT saved games) under \Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick and remeber you'll have to replace it with every game update.

default.lua

Hey there !

Just to let you know that since the last update (2.7.8) some bindings have been deleted :

Launch bar retract

Launch bar extend

Hook bypass Field

Hook bypass Carrier

The special on/off for momentary buttons are still present but the separate bindings for 2 positions switches are missing, so I can't use my fellow Winwing panel anymore on those bindings.

A quick fix would be very welcome since I don't want to spend time to mess with the lua.

Thx

i'm pretty sure you actually had to add them to the lua file to get them to work in the first place... 

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I do have some sympathy for Major_Mayhem as it does seem at times that the Open Beta is “2 steps forward, 1 step back” - frustrating given the time we all invest in configuring controllers before we get to fly the sim.

Anyway, my particular problem is that since the previous Open Beta update I have been unable to load a modified default joystick Lua file - actually I can load it but none of the custom key commands are visible.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea how to fix it?

• ED Team

This has already be reported to the team, I have no ETA currently however

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 минуты назад, BIGNEWY сказал:

This has already be reported to the team, I have no ETA currently however

We can fix that as @Foka did. Just put given file in official patch. There are four added lines. Now I have to compare my custom defaults.lua with original, find out that nothing else changes then revert version to mine.

Being developer myself I know every single developer hate to be distracted even with "5 minutes" tasks, but this exactly 5 minute task and I think developer should spare this time during a month. There is no comlex logic to debug, nor tedious testing either.

P.S. Personally I'm ok with editing files myself as it is simple for me, but not for everyone. And sometimes I forget doing this after a patch and got frustrating.

• Like 1

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

• ED Team

I have made a note on the report, that is all I can do at the moment sorry. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This has been going on since the dawn of civilization.  There's an entire dead sea scroll that's a contemporaneous ED forum complaining about key mappings.

We've even volunteered to provide the updated F-18 .lua for launch bar, hook bypass, and fuel dump, just because that's low hanging fruit, but...not so much.

Every time they update I spend ten or fifteen minutes re-applying those changes to the .lua files.  The only reason it's that fast is there's a pretty good process in place.

In theory I could use a mod manager, but I don't use enough mods to manage them, apart from the other reasons.

• Like 1

The management of key bindings is certainly not a discipline where ED excels. I would go as far as calling it a mess.
I would gladly spend some unpaid time to help them clean it up. But ED is not even good at picking up the many improvements some of us have posted.
I have added bindings to every module I own, and I have optimized many settings like trim values etc that change too fast. I therefore have to use OvGME to back my changes out before, and back in after an update. With OvGME the task becomes quite manageable for me. But for the newbies that's an additional complexity most of them would rather avoid.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 5 weeks later...

Another new patch .... Still not fixed.
Now some of us are getting a flicker/flashing effect in VR.
Plus we now have a new f-18 drop tank bug where when you first drop a drop tank the sidewinder growling sound goes off.
I guess it's back to making fun of ED on social media.

Edited by Major_Mayhem
sounds better and more polite

• 5 months later...
On 12/25/2021 at 2:26 PM, Foka said:

I supposed it won't get fixed (the launch bar binding), since they didn't fix binding issues for A-10C for years.

Actually they did fix it and I'm happy to report it has stayed that way few the last few updates.