Best gear/headset phones to replace HP reverb audio?

fargo007

The right ear of my HP Reverb G1 has a pretty bad short in it and I'm finding that I spend a lot of time tweaking, twisting and turning it. 

I have neither the courage to try and disassemble it, nor the skills to find and fix the issue.

Has anyone added external audio/mic to it using the jack supplied, and if so what did you go with?

The supplied headphones suck anyway.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

A few weeks back, my left earphone/speaker was giving me issues:  cutting out, having static and not playing sound at all.

At the suggestion of a squad mate,,   ii unscrewed it (easy  and no technical skills required., cleaned both connections with isopropyl alcohol (90% or better if you have it) and then tightened it back down.  Haven't had any more issues (yet).

If you haven't tried this, it is worth a try.,

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

1 hour ago, AKA_Clutter said:

A few weeks back, my left earphone/speaker was giving me issues:  cutting out, having static and not playing sound at all.

At the suggestion of a squad mate,,   ii unscrewed it (easy  and no technical skills required., cleaned both connections with isopropyl alcohol (90% or better if you have it) and then tightened it back down.  Haven't had any more issues (yet).

If you haven't tried this, it is worth a try.,

Thank you for that.  Wilco!

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

I took the headphones off my G2, mostly because they suck, and now I use Bose QC35s with an Avantree DG80 USB Bluetooth audio dongle.  A little clunky getting everything paired the first time, but once that's done its done.  MUCH better sound.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I use Galaxy Buds Plus and a boom mic with my G2.  If you're looking for a good over the ear set the Arctis stuff is nice, but I don't like that with VR.  I want to be able to switch from 2d to VR without removing my audio and mic.  I tried Bose earbuds and they sound better than the Galaxy, but the battery life wasn't as good and they were much heavier.  Not comfortable for extended use.

Yep I use earbuds as well. Kind of off brand I got from Amazon but they do quite well. I have used earbuds with every headset.

I got the extended ones and plug them into my Creative sound jack on the PC.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 hour ago, CptBligh said:

HyperX Clouds

yup, I use the same, although I think mine is Hyperx Clouds II version with the 7.1 chip in the cable so it can do a fake 7.1 in headphones.  Had them for 2 years now, they fit over VivePro1, G2, VivePro2  (just need to remove the headphones from the HMD first). 

Clear sound, flexible boom Mic, good bass...

recommend.

Yes same here with the left one. Crackles like hell, will try cleaning it but think it is best if I just send it back for replacement, since still in warrantee period.

Have the Arctis pro, which sounds much better, but is a pain to put on over the G2 and it starts hurting the top of my head after a while. 

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png