DCS + VISTA + Saitek x52 pro = PROBLEM

zika1234

I figured it out, you can find the fix here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=578872&posted=1#post578872

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately the above solution didn't work for me ... posting here since the thread title fits well with my problem, and I spent most of the evening researching other posts and trouble-shooting without any success.

I just installed the game in Vista and the joystick axis do not show up as configurable controls. From the drop-down menus I am only able to select joystick buttons for control assignments, the axis do not show up as options. I have a Saitek X52 Pro in addition to CH Pro Pedals (same problems whether pedals are connected or not). Both devices should be functioning correctly in Windows as they show the proper responses in the Windows Control Panel dialogs (responds to x/y axis movement etc), plus I never had any problems in MS Flight Sim.

Initially I had no special driver installed for the X-52; as part of trouble-shooting I installed the latest drivers from Saitek. Same problem before and after installing Saitek driver (including reboots of course). The hints I found on the forums don't seem to apply here ...

• I have the same problem whether I select simulation or game mode (I saw that some people had problems only in one mode)
  • Fresh DCS install without any modified or imported .lua files
  • Tried to stop and restart the SaiDOutput service (no effect)
  • The cable between the joystick and throttle was properly connected

I have not done any special programming of the X-52 device via software, so there should be no software layer "between" the joystick device and the game except whatever comes as part of the standard X53 drivers.

Anyone able to help out? Would be too bad if I had to return the game over some silly joystick problems :)

I will try to help you, but some of what you say in what you did, and what you installed in regarding to Saitek, doesn't make much sense to me.

so answer these please:

1)did you install the latest Saitek Drivers?

2)did you install the latest (preferably SST Beta software)?

3)did you install a Black Shark profile, new (made by you, or one which was made by someone else?

4)did you follow the directions from the Saitek forums http://www.saitekforum.com/ ?

(I don't have Vista, so I can't help you there, but basically, it just uses different directory and paths when it installs and you must ok it as an admin in Vista) as opposed to WinXP.

If you did all these you should have no problems at all.

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Anyone able to help out? Would be too bad if I had to return the game over some silly joystick problems :)

Maybe ... this all sounds very similar to my own experience, and thankfully I found the answer buried somewhere on this forum. Kicked myself when I realised:

In Black Shark options/controls, you have to select the Category dropdown for "Axis Commands". It's the 2nd one (after "All"), on mine it is even highlighted red text on a green background. :doh:

You cannot assign axes in any of the other categories. For example, the "Ins Cyclic Stick" category only allows you to assign buttons.

Hope this helps!

I have vista 64 and the x-52. I've not had any problems. Using the standard SST software (not beta and not the cool 3d visual profiler that came with the stick). Most of the profiling is through DCS but a few buttons are assigned via SST. The MFD does blank from time to time under vista but everything works.

Smokin' Hole

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

Just FYI.

The beta profiler caused issues on my system when I used it (Vista 64). The main issue was that it doesn't seem to work correctly on my system at any rate with the Joystick driver. After losing all contact with the joystick several times (Each time I reinstalled the driver and everything worked OK again for awhile) I put the older profiler on and the problem went away.

You all have installed the latest .net right?

Failing that, on occasion the driver/profile system doesn't start up on windows boot properly. If this is the case a reboot will sort it (usually).

It's also worth writing a service stop/start for the saitek service in a batch file and placing it on your desktop. On occasion running that is just as good as a reboot.

I do occasionally get complete drop outs on the saitek MFD/key responses and sometimes the service reboot works, other times I need a reboot (during the game this is).

If you do do a service restart during playing make sure your not entering any key presses (including latched), have no axis (apart from throttle) input and aren't overly attatched to the game your playing. A lot of the time the service restart will work, on occasion it doesn't and your controls usually don't respond at all and the game may crash.

Saitek Restart.bat

-----------------

net stop "Saitek DirectOutput"

net start "Saitek DirectOutput"

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe ... this all sounds very similar to my own experience, and thankfully I found the answer buried somewhere on this forum. Kicked myself when I realised:

In Black Shark options/controls, you have to select the Category dropdown for "Axis Commands". It's the 2nd one (after "All"), on mine it is even highlighted red text on a green background. :doh:

You cannot assign axes in any of the other categories. For example, the "Ins Cyclic Stick" category only allows you to assign buttons.

Hope this helps!

Profanic solved the problem, thank you Profanic! :thumbup:

The solution is to configure axis control by choosing "Axis Commands" from the Controls screen. Then all axis controls can be set.

I would say this is a UI problem, because labeling the default selection as "All" suggests that in this screen you see all available settings, and the button "Axis Tune" on that same screen suggests that it includes axis controls. Suggestion to DCS for some later patch would be to rename "All" to something like "All keyboard/button commands" or "All non-axis commands", and to make the "Axis Tune" button only show up on the relevant screens.

Then again, it might just be me being stupid :smilewink:

Thank you everyone for helping out!