UH-1 Huey - Major rocking on vessel underway

Dangerzone

I have been having a problem with the Huey where if it's on a vessel that's underway that it rocks excessively on the deck of the ship during a cold start.

After the latest stable release patch, this has become even more significant now - to the point where the helicopter in front of my rocked so badly that the tail went through the deck, and then after a few minutes exploded on the deck in front of me. Seas are relatively calm, light wind.

KA50 seems to be fine on the deck - this seems to affect the UH1 most.

Just wondering if anyone else is having these issues as well, or whether it's server related (to the server that we fly on)?

• Like 1

Both in VR and not in VR. (My friend was having the same problem at the same time).

No track - as this was on a server with server side scripts. Before investigating any further I just wanted to see if this was a known issue, or whether it's isolated to us or the server that we're on.

Thanks for trying Tanuki44...

I've just tried myself - and haven't got a problem with the rocking yet running single player, but I have got a problem with the helicopter moving forward until it falls off the front of the ship. All I did was start it up (although the helicopter started moving before then)...

Track file attacked. 

DebugTrack.trk

What I'm wondering is whether or not this may have to do with the creeping forward in the track file - but it's escalated with lag / syncing when on a remote server. I don't have a remote server to try this test mission out on at the moment but will see what I can come up with.

Edited by Dangerzone

OK - I may be onto something with the whole 'dedicated server' bit. I've just ran the attached mission on a dedicated server and it behaves differently to single player. Dedicated server has it rocking around on the deck prior to startup. (I haven't been able to find out the parameters that had it rocking to the extent where the tail was going through the deck yet) - but there's definitely rocking going on with the dedicated server that wasn't with the SP.

So it seems while in single player... the Huey 'edges' forward. Same mission in multiplayer and something must be done differently to keep the helicopter in the one spot, yet it doesn't rock - instead it slides forward until it falls off the front of the ship.

client-debugmission-20211110-180947.trk server-20211110-180404.trk

13 hours ago, Tanuki44 said:

Not having the Persian Gulf map, I can't see your tracks.

But the problem of the slippery Huey has already been mentioned

Thanks. I'm suspicious that the slippery Huey problem creates additional problems when being used on a dedicated server as per my tracks above with extra rocking.  However according to that thread, this is a known and old problem - so I'm guessing that what I'm seeing will only be fixed when the slippery Huey problem is fixed and won't hold my breath. I guess the other solution will be just to fly the AH64 instead when it comes out and forget the Huey for a while. 😏

I also had this problem, no track unfortunately but it was also in the Persian gulf on a Tarawa, moving at 15-20kts I think, light wind (DCS "stable").

I spawned in a Huey, and when trying to start up it began bouncing around even more wildly than usual, then sliding back, then seemed to flip back and hit the helicopter behind and exploded. I've spawned in the same spot many times previously, and before the last stable patch it was never this bad.