G2 unplayable stutters

RvL

33 minutes ago, RvL said:

I just did some tests playing at 60hz mode and forcing motion reprojection still giving me smooth experience and only had 1 moment where my fps went fluctuating into the 50's/60's checking some other players online pressing F2.

Iam experiencing some ghosting looking arround a aircraft with F2, but it doesnt bother me that much. I also must say the white flickering from the 60hz mode is something i get used to by playing for a few minutes.

Right now i have my steamVR SS at 80hz, most visual setting at medium to low and msaa at 2x.

My gpu temp doesnt go higher then 65 degrees celcius.

Checking my frametime with FpsVR im arround the 20ms.

Sorry if I missed but, are you running any shader mods? Open FSR would probably shave off 5ms by itself.

Another thing I just remembered from my 1080ti days... I got a pretty decent performance gain after uninstalling GeForce experience and opting for drive only installs. Even better after I stopped using the Nvidia CP altogether and only OC the 1080ti using MSI Afterburner. 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

On 11/7/2021 at 5:46 AM, RvL said:

Changing all the motion smoothing and motion reprojection settings are making no change in game.

I have seen this behavior before too. It's like no matter what you set in SVR, WMR would take over. Since then, I've had this option set in my default.vrsettings file

Not sure if this is still applicable but I've never had reason to change it... it will default upon reinstall of WMR for SVR.

vrsettings.PNG

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

@MelkorBorgir im using the V2 cable.

@Sr. since 2.7 launched i stopped using shader mods. I might try one again.

Im 99% a multiplayer guy, and that works quite good. Could be better, but since i went from a 2600 to a 5600x ive noticed quite the performance increase since im always on busy PVE servers where a lot is happening at the same time. Hopefully Vulkan and the VR improvements ED are working on will make things even greater.

Single player offcourse does perform overall better then multiplayer, but its really depended of the mission.

When Steamvr motion smoothing is not working at all be sure its enabled in the SteamvrSettingsUx.exe.

Ive noticed that when i reinstalled Steamvr that this setting is disabled by default.

Edited by RvL

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 5600x - RTX3070 - 32GB Ram - HP Reverb G2 - Warthog HOTAS - VKB rudder pedals

On 11/7/2021 at 7:59 PM, RvL said:

Been testing some more hours.

Using the OpenVRSettingsUX.exe and switching things up again and having reprojection there set at 'per app' i somehow got smooth motion back in the cockpit. Its a big difference compared to the stutters i had. My fps is even forced at 45fps!

Weird thing is i have tried this setting many times before and somehow now that made a difference. Glad it did. Finally something made a difference at all!

But, its like it always comes with a 'but', and thats i seem to have some artifacts or ghosting at some places in my screen.

Like when moving my mouse over clickable things in the DCS menus i see this happening. Never used to have this before. And i still see performance loss that my pc is having a hardtime keeping the fps even at 45fps while i have my SteamVR SS at 50%.

I have no idea if this is caused by whatever has happend since i switched motherboard and had to reinstall Windows, or its a coincidence i did this while the last DCS patch came out and that brought the performance loss with it. I read there are many players reporting this in de 'performance bug' section of the forum, saying they see more then 15% fps loss which is crucial for VR.

I also get some menu distortions, I believe this is a function of the fresnel lenses rather than anything else, but it could be an artefact of motion smoothing… it is functionally guessing every other frame I guess  sometimes it gets it wrong?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:

I also get some menu distortions, I believe this is a function of the fresnel lenses rather than anything else, but it could be an artefact of motion smoothing… it is functionally guessing every other frame I guess  sometimes it gets it wrong?

Yeah could be. During flight im not seeing it so its not that big of a deal.

• Like 1

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 5600x - RTX3070 - 32GB Ram - HP Reverb G2 - Warthog HOTAS - VKB rudder pedals

When i go back to 90hz and instead of enable or per app in the steamvr settings and select enable, SS at 60% right now for testing, when i want to fly just singleplayer or multiplayer my fps is all over the place like 45,68,42,74,81 and within a few seconds i get the message 'Unexpected SteamVR Error' 'Steamvr has enountered a critical error'. With the option to restart SteamVR and Quit SteamVR, while DCS is still running the game in the VR mirror screen at 8fps.

what version of SteamVR are you using what version of windows mixed reality for steam vr, i assume you are fully patched and you are running the latest drivers?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:

what version of SteamVR are you using what version of windows mixed reality for steam vr, i assume you are fully patched and you are running the latest drivers?

I have the beta versions for wmr and steam and i believe i have the latest drivers. Will check again to be sure.

Some people find that reverting to the released version of the wmr for steamvr helps with stability 

2 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

Some people find that reverting to the released version of the wmr for steamvr helps with stability 

Will try. 

Edit: seems like after going back to stable makes a difference for now. Will have to continue testing

Edit again: yup, havent had any crash anymore since reverting back! 

Edited by RvL

9 hours ago, RvL said:

@MelkorBorgir im using the V2 cable.

@Sr. since 2.7 launched i stopped using shader mods. I might try one again.

Im 99% a multiplayer guy, and that works quite good. Could be better, but since i went from a 2600 to a 5600x ive noticed quite the performance increase since im always on busy PVE servers where a lot is happening at the same time. Hopefully Vulkan and the VR improvements ED are working on will make things even greater.

Single player offcourse does perform overall better then multiplayer, but its really depended of the mission.

When Steamvr motion smoothing is not working at all be sure its enabled in the SteamvrSettingsUx.exe.

Ive noticed that when i reinstalled Steamvr that this setting is disabled by default.

At a minimum, I would try Open FSR

https://github.com/fholger/openvr_fsr/releases

• Like 1

--Arthur C Clark

3 hours ago, Sr. said:

Thanks! Was about to ask about shader mods and which one to use.

I've seen topics about fholger. Is this one multiplayer compatible?

Edited by RvL

6 minutes ago, RvL said:

Thanks! Was about to ask about shader mods and which one to use.

I've seen topics about fholger. Is this one multiplayer compatible?

Haven't played MP in while but, I can't imagine it wouldn't be. Doesn't affect any original files except openvr_app.dll

--Arthur C Clark

hace 18 horas, RvL dijo:

Cuando vuelvo a 90hz y en lugar de habilitar o por aplicación en la configuración de steamvr y selecciono habilitar, SS al 60% en este momento para probar, cuando quiero volar solo para un jugador o multijugador, mi fps está por todas partes como 45,68 , 42,74,81 y en unos segundos aparece el mensaje 'Error inesperado de SteamVR' 'Steamvr ha enunciado un error crítico'. Con la opción de reiniciar SteamVR y salir de SteamVR, mientras DCS todavía está ejecutando el juego en la pantalla espejo VR a 8 fps.

If you use WMR for Steamvr BETA, the motion reprojection must be on FORCE ALWAYS or OFF. If you use it on AUTO, steam VR crashes.

Solution: Use WMR for SteamVR release (not beta) or with the BETA version (which is slightly better in performance), Motion Reprojection always in FORCE ALWAYS or OFF, 

4 hours ago, Werewolf_fs said:

If you use WMR for Steamvr BETA, the motion reprojection must be on FORCE ALWAYS or OFF. If you use it on AUTO, steam VR crashes.

Solution: Use WMR for SteamVR release (not beta) or with the BETA version (which is slightly better in performance), Motion Reprojection always in FORCE ALWAYS or OFF, 

I had it set at force always which also caused the crashes. Going back to stable solved this.

Edited by RvL

On 11/11/2021 at 5:04 PM, Sr. said:

Tried it. Been adjusting the sharpness to below 0.5 cause above it looked way to sharp. I dont think i see any performance boost using it.